Jack Monroe #134 Suffer the little squiggles, for I am The Poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can only hope this sort of comment gains traction, so Marcus et al are FORCED to respond that in actual fact, she's done absolutely sweet FA and they barely know who she is.

View attachment 384239
but didn't Jack say she insisted BAME folk were included on any panels she was on and she is always saying 'Give this job to a black person instead of me!'.

This is obviously what happened, Jack is happy working behind the scenes stitching everything together.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Sorry if it's been said, but she contracted to pay rent at an agreed amount on a set day per month and has failed to deliver on that for 6 months (alledgedly). I don't for a moment think she's in 6 months' arrears, but I wouldn't baulk at the thought of her paying late for 6 months on the trot.
I don't think so either, that she is not able to afford it but she makes it sound that way. I had bills bouncing back when I was in my 20s because my money management and organisational skills were not great but I did not tell anyone because I knew it was my fault and had nothing to do with a lack of funds. And that is the difference between us and her. I BET she had a certain amount of money going into savings and then there was not enough in her current account for the direct debit because she spent it on other crap- the crap we know is in the 'crappy bungalow' (her own words, Dear external readers) because she needs skips seemingly as often as my bin in the kitchen needs emptying.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Her interview is here, the last 20 mins (timestamp 12.40pm).

ETA sorry that's the wrong link, hold on a minute while I get the right one ....

ETA well now I can't access it! Sorry for this completely pointless post.
That's wierd - it worked fine for me.
Nice bit of shade thrown at the letter - 'I'm broadly in agreement with it but...'
She didn't call the PM a liar - she said he was being disingenuous over his claim 'no child will go hungry'.
And yes hundreds of people have DMed her to say that LAs have said there is no money left for Covid Winter Grant.
It was her usual shaky voice and internet glitching effort.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 36
For any Frauen and Herren who are University Challenge fans, I knew I'd seen this face before...
Screenshot_20210115-120427_Chrome.jpg
PSX_20210115_121520.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90
I don't think so either, that she is not able to afford it but she makes it sound that way. I had bills bouncing back when I was in my 20s because my money management and organisational skills were not great but I did not tell anyone because I knew it was my fault and had nothing to do with a lack of funds. And that is the difference between us and her. I BET she had a certain amount of money going into savings and then there was not enough in her current account for the direct debit because she spent it on other crap- the crap we know is in the 'crappy bungalow' (her own words, Dear external readers) because she needs skips seemingly as often as my bin in the kitchen needs emptying.
Imagine the fear you’d feel as a Thorpe Bay landlord, if she applied to rent a property you owned..

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
She’s a bit late to the party (as always lol) but her age group graduated into a recession, there was huuuge graduate unemployment and it was a real thingTM at the time, I was just entering uni and remember being shooketh at it. By 2012/3 it was on the mend, but the idea of working service jobs with a degree was a very of that time problem, imagine a lot of the MC parents who funded these degrees being aghast their baby was having to work in Costa. At least her core audience has always remained the same 😂

ETA - this is brief but that’s not me saying I think ppl w degrees shouldn’t be working service jobs. But that’s an essay we’d all be in agreement w so won’t write xx
Yup, I graduated in 2008 and went back to my weekend at M&S for a few month and then was cabin crew for a few years until things settled and I could use my degree.

Lot of shelf stacking, lot of shagging. Great couple of years really.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
So she called Bozo disingenuous. So powerful and angry.
The government will be shaking in their boots!
I expect they'll all have resigned by the end of the day. Boris will give up all his worldly goods and go and live out his days as a hermit in the woods with only roots and berries to sustain him. His friends will be the wild birds and creatures of the wood but no human will contact him ever again such is his disgrace.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
First, has it only been a few days since she was reaching out to Garden Twitter because she can't keep plants alive?

But also, the BBC interviewer asks her directly about what practical measures she wants to see. She responds with a lengthy ramble about doing a recce to uncover the causes of poverty. Practical measures, Jack! The question was right there in front of you! Maybe she should become a politician after all...

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Political Jack is the most stupid Jack. Week in week out John Crace and Marina Hyde tear politicians a new arse. Jack goes on the telebox and says she has anecdotal evidence that the PM is lying.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Giving the books away. Oh lord it's like when Alan Partridge's books are being pulped 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Look at all these likes and retweets for something which simply didn't happen. I despair.

Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 13.51.55.png

• Haha
Reactions: 58
1) not fully caught up yet, but one of JM's many fans has complained to the Guardian's letters page about her not being given credit. Flying monkeys indeed.

2) we had our own government scandal akin to the Belgian government crisis when HMRC started "data matching" tax credit claims to Experian credit records. Thousands of people had their benefits stopped. Including one lady whose benefit claim was suspended because they thought she was "living together as a couple" with the shop downstairs, and another whose suspected undisclosed partner was her brother. Where was our Mackie then?

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.