Jack Monroe #134 Suffer the little squiggles, for I am The Poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate the way she promotes herself as somebody with no self control, who can't but help 'lose her rag' on live TV. She really thinks this is what makes her a good activist, isn't it? Actually, a good activist is somebody who prepares, lays down the facts calmly and reasonably, and doesn't gesticulate vaguely to the 'hundreds of messages' of hearsay and hyperbole. By all means, get angry on the picket line; get angry at the protest march! But on TV you just come across as a raving loony. And the worst thing is, her 'anger' doesn't even come across as genuine. She's just shaky and fake sounding 😫
Exactly. She thinks it makes her look edgy, unique and passionate

No, it just makes you look like an unprofessional head

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Oh duck you, you absolute bleeping duck.

Jack, stay out of Dutch politics when you know NOTHING about it, and won't even do the minimum of work to read up about it. There is nothing honourable about the Dutch government resigning now in this case, as they swept it under the carpet for years, bringing innocent people down (and not through incompetence or mismanagement as you say, but through predjudice and racism, thankyouverymuch. But with a bit of reading you would have known that, but you are too lazy and too eager for Twitter likes to do anything even half decent).

(ETA For those intersted, the Dutch HMRC accused lots of families of fraudulently using childcare discounts, based on their last names only (!!). People had to pay back money they were entitled to, causing financial stress, despair, very long court cases etc. Some families went from doing financially fine with two parents earning an income to being below the poverty line because of this horrible treatment, los of jobs, stress. Government should have resigned ages ago over this, but parties invovled first tried to sweep it under the carpet and then blamed eacht other. It's a scandal, and not something for JM to score points with when she knows duck all about it)

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 93
tee hee! i'm just so edgy going on telly and calling a known liar a liar!! i'm so irreverent the bbc will never have me back now!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 57
She is such a twit. I imagine she thinks this makes her a maverick 'I'm so passionate I just can't help myself'.
Distraction technique from lack of facts and knowledge.

Reactions: 44
I just managed to rewind on iplayer and catch this. I'll bypass the waffle and wobbly voice. Why does she insist on sabotaging herself? No-one is gonna want her back live after she's accused the prime minister of lying - it's not at all helpful to the situation being resolved regardless of whether it has any foundation or not.

I also don't understand how her internet is still this tit. She knows this is potentially part of her job if she wants to be a successful campaigner (as per her bio) so sort it out. She's had more then long enough.

Reactions: 37
I just managed to rewind on iplayer and catch this. I'll bypass the waffle and wobbly voice. Why does she insist on sabotaging herself? No-one is gonna want her back live after she's accused the prime minister of lying - it's not at all helpful to the situation being resolved regardless of whether it has any foundation or not.

I also don't understand how her internet is still this tit. She knows this is potentially part of her job if she wants to be a successful campaigner (as per her bio) so sort it out. She's had more then long enough.
Cooper was playing League of Legends in the other room 😕

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61

Perhaps all the Cotswold sideboards are blocking the Wi-fi?

• Haha
Reactions: 42
View attachment 384243

She just loves the idea that people are being left out and would prefer to create her own narrative. (And yes, this country has a massive problem with child poverty, but selectively tweeting council websites and not giving all information because it fits your ranting is not helping Jack).

Now, I do get the point that if you are newly in need of support you need good signposting etc. But for Jack it's about being hero Jack, right?
It is also investigative journo Jack when she is just being conspiracy Jack.

The only degree she has is BA (Hons.) Lying.

Ah soooorry, she has got two honorary ones.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
How on earth does this person get so many fantastic opportunities to make a name for themselves whilst being able to achieve potentially amazingly good things but then manage to mess them up every single time?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Think she also admitted to using some of it for a holiday, despite also saying she gave it all to charity.
This is another bugbear of mine with her. I actually don't agree that she should donate her writing fees for articles to various charities. Writing is a job and you should get paid for it and other people aren't expected to donate their earnings to charities. (She also shouldn't muscle her way in to write about 'her story' when it clearly isn't her story, i.e. Roadside Mum).

It's just that she always makes these grandiose statement 'I'll donate any money from the court case/this article/this YouTube video to XYZ and then of course she never follows through or is at the very least non-transparent about what happens. Just think things through and be honest.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Why refer people to a Citizens Advice Bureau, or resources with voucher schemes or things like how to apply for the Warm Home Discount etc when you can tell them to use carrot peelings in a nut roast and rinse your baked beans?
Ministry of misinformation

• Haha
It is also investigative journo Jack when she is just being conspiracy Jack.

The only degree she has is BA (Hons.) Lying.

Ah soooorry, she has got two honorary ones.
The cheek of her. A liar calling a liar a liar.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
No-one is gonna want her back live after she's accused the prime minister of lying - it's not at all helpful to the situation being resolved regardless of whether it has any foundation or not.
Exactly. Yet again making it all about her. As a 'campaigner' it is her job to remain calm and focussed on what matters. Not showing off so she can scuttle back to Twitter 'look what I just did!!!' for 'likes'.
Pathetic.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.