Jack Monroe #134 Suffer the little squiggles, for I am The Poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She just said live on BBC News that hundreds of people have contacted her overnight to say that they've already been told by their local councils that there's no money left.
JFC. She's not only lying, she's going to panic people now. Just like she did with the supermarkets and Brexit thing.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
She keeps saying these 100's of people but who are they? Where is the evidence? Why are they going to her and not newspapers or other media sources themselves?
What a way to scaremonger too, some viewers might feel stressed unduly by her words.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
She started following Hugh F-W today.
That won't last long. He was working with community groups long before it was fashionable - and copped criticism for initially encouraging people to buy one free range/organic chicken instead of 3 for a fiver (in the days when that was a thing), but his advice on how to use up the entire bird for different meals and to not waste a scrap of it was very useful, plus the advice about foraging. In case she hasn't noticed, he's also from landed gentry, attended Eton and Oxford and the original River Cottage was one of his holiday homes. He's also very conscious of the need for campaigning (and very good at it) - I can't see him particularly wanting to risk what he does do by having somebody on board who could make the story about herself and gain negative press attention.

Reactions: 44
Not only that, but if Jack was the “working class, coarse Essex accent” kind of person she claims to be, she wouldn’t be Mama. Working class Essex people don’t use “Mama”. You’d have the piss ripped out of you for having ideas above your station.
This does baffle me. I definitely don't get the full nuance of English accents, but to me she does sound generally Essex/Estuary and not particularly posh. Granted the only English people I can imagine saying "Mama" with a straight face are landed gentry pre-1930, so I may be approaching this a touch bluntly 😂

Reactions: 19
This does baffle me. I definitely don't get the full nuance of English accents, but to me she does sound generally Essex/Estuary and not particularly posh. Granted the only English people I can imagine saying "Mama" with a straight face are landed gentry pre-1930, so I may be approaching this a touch bluntly 😂

It's put on for the camera. When she's pallying up to people she sees as her equals or betters, it's her native accent of grammar school/not Essex at all.

Reactions: 26
or....the Spice Girls when performing their song

• Haha
Reactions: 22
How embarrassing?! I am no fan of bojo but this is not the way you wade into the game to change the course?!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I hate the way she promotes herself as somebody with no self control, who can't but help 'lose her rag' on live TV. She really thinks this is what makes her a good activist, isn't it? Actually, a good activist is somebody who prepares, lays down the facts calmly and reasonably, and doesn't gesticulate vaguely to the 'hundreds of messages' of hearsay and hyperbole. By all means, get angry on the picket line; get angry at the protest march! But on TV you just come across as a raving loony. And the worst thing is, her 'anger' doesn't even come across as genuine. She's just shaky and fake sounding 😫

• Heart
Reactions: 92
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.