Jack Monroe #134 Suffer the little squiggles, for I am The Poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I originally came across her on Facebook around the time she had given up her job/ was looking for work. IIRC she was trying to earn money by sewing/ crafting and umpteen people told her to just go on benefits for the sake of her son as it would be much less complicated in terms of claiming. She wouldn't listen and I remember the 'Mummy work' scenario. Of course that Facebook account disappeared!
It's almost as if the benefit system and welfare state she so furiously, fiercely and ferocious believes in isn't for people like her*

*middle-class classists, NOT tattooed lesbians.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
Morning ā˜€

She's been a busy bee last night hasn't she? That Man getting press attention has really pushed her buttons eh!

Reactions: 33
šŸ™‹ā€ā™€ļø Got to admit, feeling a bit like a hypocritical wanker, for being amazed and disturbed at how much time Jack spends on Twitter, when Iā€™ve been pretty much glued to Tattle for the last 3 days...I mean working on tattle for 20 hours a day. I am praying (Darren verse 12:4) she fucks off today so I can get some tit done.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 100
Goodness me sheā€™s something else.

I was lurking on the threads during DKL but I didnā€™t post. I also only watched a few clips rather than it live because I get second hand cringe (I canā€™t watch Dragons Den because of this) but that gif has had me HOOTING.

Anyway, I hope sheā€™s asleep. I also hope she learns from this that itā€™s a good idea to fully research before responding and also make that response a measured one. Like MR, JO, etc managed to do.

Reactions: 43
There's a squiggle under this post who has tweeted links to all the relevant council pages up and down the country. It's hilarious. About 30 of the responses are his.

Screenshot_20210115-065343_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.