Jack Monroe #134 Suffer the little squiggles, for I am The Poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also, why on earth does she have one airpod in when she's clearly reading?
She thinks it looks like one of those things people have in off of the telly when the producers speak instructions to the presenters.

Maybe.

ETA I read this back and I realise it doesn’t sound sarcastic, just that I can’t write properly. This week has obviously got to us all.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Yup get the kettle on, she’s still going. I measure my insomnia by whether @Puddy Muddle and @waffle maker come in whilst I’m still up (love you guys, but not insomnia)
She’s obsessed with this Vicky Tory now
Big surprise she is a Tory who has ££££ - Fancy!
Why is one Mackie jonroe worth more than starving kids? In fact why is she worth anything?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Kate G mentioned MR saying he’s better than the opposition. MP pays tribute to MR for bringing it to attention. Campaigners wrote to the PM in the last 24 hours, Jackie’s signature must be in invisible ink tehe 🤭

Interview well balanced speaking about evidence and the administrative ease w which they can issue vouchers. None of the dangerous smoke and mirrors “send to my DMs” panic generating self centring shite of Jack.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Tom Kerridge currently talking sense on bbc breakfast about free school meals

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
She could have just stuck with the thunderclap, tried to get it going again as some people were still using it yesterday but she had to insert herself into the new story instead.

Reactions: 36
it can be seen as ableist in that it looks like one is taking the piss out of people with learning disabilities and/or speech impediments
It can be seen as ableist, because it is ableist. It looks like one is taking the piss out of disabled people, because that is what is happening.

Sorry, I’m personally not accepting good intentions here. That’s the whole joke — listen to how stupid you sound, you sound like a stupid person, etc. I can understand not seeing the problem, though, because I didn’t for a long time and I frequently sound like a stupid person. Now when I see it I’m reminded of Trump mocking that disabled reporter.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I have managed to grunk my way through thread 133 as all the attatchments are back (thank you mods ❤) and came across this gem. Those geese had Jack's number. Well done Charlie and Geraldine. It's a bit Beatrix Potter, were Jemima puddle duck and Timothy Willie there too?
View attachment 384056
It reads as though Charlie and Geraldine were the ones in the dress. The mental image is ending me 🤣

• Haha
If there was one thing guaranteed to send jack to Def Con One it was THAT MAN getting involved and stealing her thunder. I love to see it.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I take offense in het using Gogglebox's name in vain.

(I admit that for years I was snobbish about the idea of watching people watch TV. And then I watched it and loved it 😂)
It's one of my favourite shows. Actually funny, warm (and sometimes brilliantly weird) people - what's not to love?

• Heart
  • Wow
It's one of my favourite shows. Actually funny, warm (and sometimes brilliantly weird) people - what's not to love?
duck really? What did she say pls? I turned it off and it’s now on an ad break 💔

ETA - it let me rewind (we don’t record it 😂) and I can’t see her? x

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She really wants to go to the champagne bar.

Also is nobody allowed to have a well paying job anymore? Must put that in the manifesto. Kids don't get a good education and well paid jobs if you do you're selfish.

The whole bleeping point of this whole thing is to get the government to fund either the school's or the council's with money too feed the children they are keeping off school due to the current circumstances. It is not a witch hunt. Also did they honestly leave her out of that working together thing..
Interesting

• Heart
Reactions: 34
duck really? What did she say pls? I turned it off and it’s now on an ad break 💔

ETA - it let me rewind (we don’t record it 😂) and I can’t see her? x
No, she wasn't sorry - it was meant to be a NOT on GMB, despite the trail for it she gave yest!

ETA that I can actually feel your disappointment through the screen!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
No, she wasn't sorry - it was meant to be a NOT on GMB, despite the trail for it she gave yest!

ETA that I can actually feel your disappointment through the screen!
Thankfully I hadn’t endured Piers for it but I thought I’d failed my surveillance mission! 😂

Tbf her being on any show before 11am is incredibly optimistic #dinosnooze

• Haha
Reactions: 33
After asking if people have seen any of this money - she’s studiously ignoring the squiggles who are saying that they HAVE had some support from their local councils. Some are making the point that it wasn’t specifically called ‘Corona virus winter grant’. They are pointing out that the info is there if people search for it and linking to council websites.

ETA just seen above - it seems one hero squig is doing the work and posting links to loads of councils

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
Not properly caught up yet but #Arkward that you have to be reminded about your own hashtag. Then amusing that you still have to explain what it means. 🙄

Please stop SHOUTING! I've got an ouchie head but, more importantly, it doesn't get anything done.

View attachment 384071

That cheeky little non existent toaster, popping out from behind Jack's left arm in the video nasty. 😁
It's a video nasty!
It's a carpet, farty!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.