Jack Monroe #134 Suffer the little squiggles, for I am The Poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well well well, look what we have here:

https://web.archive.org/web/2013020...-whistlestop-tour-of-how-to-fk-up-everything/

In the above link from May 2012, Jack mentions the following:
  • She talks about being in the public eye, meeting Ed Miliband and the difference her blog is making. She talks of being stopped in in the street by complimentary and supportive strangers.
  • She mentions leaving the fire service in November 2011. I assume she had 9 months maternity leave; does anyone know when her son was born?
  • In the spring of 2012, she had at least two jobs: one in a pub for about a month, which she left because the hours she needed to work would have affected her working tax credit and housing benefit;
  • And one in a coffee/art place for 12 days, before she was sacked from the job trial, for reasons unknown. She agonises over what these reasons might be, including her social awkwardness.
  • She mentions she's trying to live on £1 a day.
  • The job hunt continues.
  • Most importantly, she says this: "I won’t stop until I am in a stable job that fits around my son, to prove to myself and every other single mother out there that it is worth it. Our Government says that being in work pays. You only have to flick back a few posts or to any highlighed in red to see the hell that I have put myself through in order to attempt to believe that tired old phrase. I could stay off work, claim my Housing Benefit, Child Support, Child Tax Credit, Income Support and Council Tax Benefit but I’m not going to. My small boy, aged only two, knows ‘Mummy work’ and knows he goes to ‘Sammys house’ because ‘Mummy work.’ Mummy work. Mummy will work, son. Mummy will set you a good example and Mummy will bring home the bacon, and Mummy will not stop documenting her hell-in-a-handcart journey until she can pay all of her bills, including accumulated debts since November, and prove that there is an end in sight. If I stop here, I have been beaten by a system. I dislike being beaten by anything, but especially dislike being beaten by a system."

So she purposefully held off on going on benefits, out of pride. Reason #83 why her "poverty" was a choice.
Also, I'm pretty sure that at some point in 2012 she got a steady job writing for a local paper. So The Poverty was less than a year, with some periods of employment.
I originally came across her on Facebook around the time she had given up her job/ was looking for work. IIRC she was trying to earn money by sewing/ crafting and umpteen people told her to just go on benefits for the sake of her son as it would be much less complicated in terms of claiming. She wouldn't listen and I remember the 'Mummy work' scenario. Of course that Facebook account disappeared!

• Wow
Reactions: 58
I🥕think we are witnessing the beginning of the end. She’s acted too bonkers over the last few days that people will be thinking something is up. And she’s managed to upset some internet factions who will never be placated and will bring up that she’s a liar. She managed to simultaneously annoy both sides of the Labour Party in the momentum/progress faction AND offend Jewish people.

• Wow
Reactions: 53
Yup get the kettle on, she’s still going. I measure my insomnia by whether @Puddy Muddle and @waffle maker come in whilst I’m still up (love you guys, but not insomnia)
She’s obsessed with this Vicky Tory now
Big surprise she is a Tory who has ££££ - Fancy!
I’ll bet she’s earned not miles off of £145,000 this year herself. She’s had huge deals which have mostly consisted of them ticking a box, and her providing a crappy product from the comfort of her own massive home. Her sponsors have paid money for old rope, is Jack worth 350 kids? Is anyone worth 350 kids? No. That’s why that’s not how we measure things, Jack. Get the wooden essential calculator out.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
Yup get the kettle on, she’s still going. I measure my insomnia by whether @Puddy Muddle and @waffle maker come in whilst I’m still up (love you guys, but not insomnia)
She’s obsessed with this Vicky Tory now
Big surprise she is a Tory who has ££££ - Fancy!
So what is she suggesting then, just scrap the role that person does so the salary can be used for the children? It's always her way of arguing isn't it, as she can't seem to look any deeper. Pick out a politician, state how much they earn, and act all outraged. It's such basic thinking, and no better than the dramatics you'd get from a DM article. In fact you'd probably get better critical analysis from a DM article.

• Haha
Reactions: 59
Her 350 patreons give her min £5 a month tax free for her to voluntarily pay Caroline Whohashands to not work.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
So what is she suggesting then, just scrap the role that person does so the salary can be used for the children? It's always her way of arguing isn't it, as she can't seem to look any deeper. Pick out a politician, state how much they earn, and act all outraged. It's such basic thinking, and no better than the dramatics you'd get from a DM article. In fact you'd probably get better critical analysis from a DM article.
I think the post should be scrapped and Vicky Mate forced to hand over all her savings and assets to buy Jack her Forever Home and if there's any change left buy a couple of pov kids a Pokemon or whatever they're into these days.

This is bleeping glorious.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Good morning, night/morning hours cabal,
I was grunkaing when the attachments disappeared (which helped with the speed) and now I can't find the receipts showing she had meanwhile managed to offend parts of the Jewish community? What on earth has she done???!!!

Reactions: 20
I was grunkaing when the attachments disappeared (which helped with the speed) and now I can't find the receipts showing she had meanwhile managed to offend parts of the Jewish community? What on earth has she done???!!!
Yeah I've missed this too. She's chaosing too fast to keep up.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
What Jack doesn't know is that tomorrow there will be a knock at the door. On her doorstep will be a man from Sarfend Caaannncil holding a giant novelty cheque and hoping to secure the services of the People's Urchin to make some proper grub for the little kiddies. What the man from the Caaannncil doesn't know is that Jack howls and claws the carpet when she hears the door before curling up into a ball and rolling about like a wild marble. The sad little faces of the children when the realise the beautiful princess urchin Jack of farts won't be feeding them after all is sure to be heartbreaking.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 60
I *think* it is to do with her recent love and support of Corbyn, so this has annoyed some of the Jewish community due to the allegations of Corbyn's anti semitism.

Jack being excluded from that letter and JO taking her place is just bleeping brilliant.
She seriously can't keep claiming she is working with MR can she? When he literally never acknowledges her. Never. It is just getting so mortifying 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 70
She tried to appease the Corbyn supporters that were criticising her by sharing a ss of a cringey, apologetic DM she had sent him. Signed it off with "your comrade" etc. The anti Corbyn part of the left got cross, and she upset some of the Jewish community too as a result. So she managed to piss off two opposing groups of people in the end, with her flakiness and attempt to be universally liked.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
I have managed to grunk my way through thread 133 as all the attatchments are back (thank you mods ❤) and came across this gem. Those geese had Jack's number. Well done Charlie and Geraldine. It's a bit Beatrix Potter, were Jemima puddle duck and Timothy Willie there too?
Screenshot_20210114-230618_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.