Jack Monroe #134 Suffer the little squiggles, for I am The Poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she is now staying on Twitter and awake to try to keep on whatever bandwagon is going so she doesn’t miss out. She needs to go to bed, have a good sleep. Then reflect and go out and do some activism. Even though the food parcels are tit she could use her platform to help these parents to come up with ideas because complaining isn’t going to solve the immediate problem of parents not knowing how to make this food into meals for their children. I hope she reads this and I hope she does this.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
PLEASE don’t tag me directly BE KIND I was feeding children like Jesus would have wanted with potato smiles and fish fingers and beans
When you can feed 5000 children with 2 frozen fish out of your 15th Smeg freezer, and 5 loaves of Abel& Cole sourdough bread,I’ll be impressed.... 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Oh! I imagined it as cooked...toasted.
If I didn't have a Mars bar, or an apple... could I use a Turkish Delight and a kumquat?😀

NO, absolutely!!

My least fave thing in the world is Turkish delights and my brother got married in Cyprus a few years back. We were into this sweet shop and there were various little cubes of sweets. I asked what they were and the woman said they are ‘delights’

I wasn't very savvy on the whole turkey/Cyprus thing at this time so I decided to try one then had to stop myself boaking in the shop when I realised what was in my mouth

I was not delighted.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I just cannot believe she missed her own thunder clap. I mean, I can believe it, but.
She's an Avid Merrion/Dennis Pennis surely?!
Absolutely gobsmacked.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
She’s dumped thundercrap because it’s not making her any money - simple.
starving children - time to cash in, shake a tin, increase the patreons...

• Heart
Reactions: 57
You must be one of ‘themmuns’ 😉
I never heard of these, I did use to put mars bars in the fridge so I could slice them neatly to last longer. Might have to hide my St Bridget cross and try one :ROFLMAO:

Some weird sandwich combos come from NI -

so Jack does have a wee bit of NI afterall!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Attachment update, all images have been fixed in #134

#130 - #133 will be fixed tomorrow.

Tedious to do but in this thread the receipts are pretty important and wouldn't want any getting lost :)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 135
If anyone wants to immerse themselves Jack’s Ni cultural religious heritage please try a Mars bar and apple sandwich (it’s actually a guilty pleasure of mine) they used to serve them in the 90’s in the dunkin donuts in great victoria street- I think it is a centra now

TOP HATS. I haven't had these in years :love: (because I LEFT🔺)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
It's going to be interesting to see whether this is the start of her being denied the oxygen to take over part in the campaign. Personally, I suspect that the awful racist tweet using African American Vernacular English was the thing that started it (would have reminded people about the false claim that Hellmanns threatened her if she said anything to support BLM), then trying to steal Roadside Mum's image and story for commissions and, having shrieked, howled and slandered/libelled the people with the actual power to do something about the situation (and reminded the boss that she was the prick that said horrible things about his mate in the immediate aftermath of the death of their son), she then sealed the deal by trying to appear to be a Labour fan again.

But, IMO, it was mostly the inherent assumption of privilege to have her voice heard (and paid for) over and above other far more marginalised groups.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
In the mood for a grunka, which thread was it when she showed up here again? Thanks in advance kind fraus

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Did u ever have the coconut “cheesecake” things that contained no cheese but were coconut mixed with egg white on top of a raspberry jam pastry?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
All this excitement is great and all but I've got some slices of cheese butter and bread I haven't got a clue what to do with , help !!

• Haha
Reactions: 35
All this excitement is great and all but I've got some slices of cheese butter and bread I haven't got a clue what to do with , help !!
Easy. Blend up the bread, toast the butter and spread upon slices of softy soft pillowy cheese. Then bung it in a curry in the slow cooker for a month.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.