Jack Monroe #134 Suffer the little squiggles, for I am The Poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
8AFBE9EE-14B5-4B39-A7DD-77CDB26B292B.jpeg

With the benefit of hindsight and after being made aware of conventional wisdom Monroe’s personalised Christmas selfie, wearing her message inscribed t-shirt and sent to the Walliams and Oliver families, perhaps wasn’t her best idea..

6D83174F-B829-49F4-83E9-017B17B0B631.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I was going to write something a bit compassionate towards Jack and then saw that ss. She’s an asshole. Awww thanks for doing the little thunderclap while I was off being a superhero! duck off with the Christ complex on this one. Jfc I do not like her!!

• Haha
Reactions: 56
They sound amazing! My favourite uncle melts chopped up Mars bars in the microwave and pours it on vanilla ice cream. My teeth ache just thinking about it.
I’m going to share the recipe now before Jack claims it as her own.

White bread thinly spread with real butter (us country Protestants know farmers so have butter in abundance

Slice a royal gala apple really thinly and layer on the bread (personal choice but I would judge someone who served a Granny Smith)

Then thinly sliced Mars bar slivers then topped with the other slice.

Cut into triangles and serve with a massive industrial pot of tea.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
You should sell prints of these 😂
I would be delighted to sponsor that Patreon and rest assured I would never chase up my prints because I know @Alansbigplate is both BUSY and considerate of the terrible stress the Post Office is put under by entitled wankers expecting them to deliver letters and parcels.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
I was going to write something a bit compassionate towards Jack and then saw that ss. She’s an asshole. Awww thanks for doing the little thunderclap while I was off being a superhero! duck off with the Christ complex on this one. Jfc I do not like her!!
She's so up her own hole it's unreal :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
The last time that kindness matters hoody was wheeled out it was during the kitten debacle. Just sayin. Must be her crisis clothing

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 74

White bread thinly spread with real butter (us country Protestants know farmers so have butter in abundance

Slice a royal gala apple really thinly and layer on the bread (personal choice but I would judge someone who served a Granny Smith)

There is no way on this earth I could thinly slice a Mars Bar, I have no finesse clearly.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
How magnanimous of her to tweet her thanks to all the plebs for carrying on her selfless work this week, almost an hour late. She was, of course, BUSY on the totally unrelated (citation needed) issue of free school meal boxes, of which she has no experience because she’s bleeping minted.

I’m just really pleased that her lip filler looks lumpy as tit in that terrifying video. Nobody deserves dreadful cosmetic work more than someone who’s grifted the money for it while crying poor.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
I would be delighted to sponsor that Patreon and rest assured I would never chase up my prints because I know @Alansbigplate is both BUSY and considerate of the terrible stress the Post Office is put under by entitled wankers expecting them to deliver letters and parcels.
PLEASE don’t tag me directly BE KIND I was feeding children like Jesus would have wanted with potato smiles and fish fingers and beans

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
I think it has been bad for her overall. That she sued someone as loathsome as Hopkins gave it the fig leaf of striking back against racism and bigotry but it did no such thing and was never about that. For Jack it was an opportunity to have power over someone and I think it's a source of some misery for her that it didn't immediately cause everyone here to cower in terror when she threatened to sue us for laughing at her. Hopkins was in the process of destroying her own career anyway- she'd cost the Mail a fortune, the Sun let her go and a lot of people at LBC weren't happy about her being at the station so she was only one hateful comment off getting booted off air. Even the far right gig she got after being effectively no platformed in the mainstream media didn't work out. Not a single gig that Hopkins lost was influenced in any way by Monroe's action. Not one.

Jack seems to me to be entirely fuelled by a hatred and resentment that's forever looking for a target. All her campaigns have to have a bad guy, the issues are always secondary. All that case - her one big achievement has done is make a flawed human being much, much worse. It would have been better if it hadn't happened.
I agree with a lot of this. This was about power for her. The worst thing in the world to a narc is criticism, and the chance to destroy someone who criticised her - and who would also be considered a worthy target by the general public - was like all Jack's birthdays had come at once. She is most definitely fuellled by spite and hatred, and her need to have a personal, specific target/enemy for her "campaigns" (pile-ons).

Also agree that Katie was on her last legs career-wise, if it wasn't Jack it would have been something else that was the final straw.

Reading Jack's early blog and how comparatively sane she comes across has made me think that success in general has not been good for her. The early fame, adoration, validation of her constructed identity, and being treated as an expert allowed her ego to balloon to the size of a planet. Jack is what happens when a narc gets exactly what they want. It's never enough - as their egos grow so does their need for narc fuel. Now that she's not as prominent as she once was, she's desperate to regain what she had and has become more desperate with her attention seeking. Also her opinion of herself is extremely high, hence the quality of her writing dropping - she thinks everything she puts out is great. She probably sees her lack of English skills as expressive and creative prose.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Such a brazen cheek to say she has been busy working, when she was blatantly floating around Twitter at 8pm 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 45

Oh! I imagined it as cooked...toasted.
If I didn't have a Mars bar, or an apple... could I use a Turkish Delight and a kumquat?😀

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.