Jack Monroe #133 Neither a celebrity or a chef

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Like I said a few threads back, I only usually lurk on here and comment rarely but my God, her behaviour the last 42 hours has been disturbing! I find her ability to jump on the coattails of someone else’s campaign and then make it about her all from the comfort of her own home, astounding. I’m from Liverpool and a staunch red so it’s not in my genetic make up to compliment a Man Utd player but what Marcus Rashford has done these last months has been amazing. Then you’ve got this gobshite retweeting stuff and then somehow becoming the champion of the poor. She’s vile. She reckons she pays herself £23,000 a year? Well, that’s £5000 more than I get for actually getting off my arse and working every day and I’ve never had a rent payment bounce in my life so like a lot of you have said, it just stinks of poor money management and/or she’s lying. I’m in a similar situation to her aswell, one kid at Uni, one teenager at home so two mouths to feed in normal times but three at the moment because Uni’s haven’t gone back yet. I also work with families who are genuinely living in poverty, the fact she even thinks she’s close to going through what they’re going through is insulting. In the words of Jarvis Cocker, she thinks that ‘poor is cool’ when in actual fact, genuine poverty is heartbreaking to just witness, let alone go through.
I remember thinking at the time when she was slating Corbyn that of course she doesn’t want him in power. She needs the Tories to be in charge or she’ll lose her USP. Can’t be the people’s poverty princess if the man in charge has made it his business to get everyone out of poverty.

• Heart
Reactions: 107
Lol her rent. Id love to tweet her and @ del monte, the express, hellmans and anyone else she has done work with and ask why they arent paying her properly.

What a prick

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Like I said a few threads back, I only usually lurk on here and comment rarely but my God, her behaviour the last 42 hours has been disturbing! I find her ability to jump on the coattails of someone else’s campaign and then make it about her all from the comfort of her own home, astounding. I’m from Liverpool and a staunch red so it’s not in my genetic make up to compliment a Man Utd player but what Marcus Rashford has done these last months has been amazing. Then you’ve got this gobshite retweeting stuff and then somehow becoming the champion of the poor. She’s vile. She reckons she pays herself £23,000 a year? Well, that’s £5000 more than I get for actually getting off my arse and working every day and I’ve never had a rent payment bounce in my life so like a lot of you have said, it just stinks of poor money management and/or she’s lying. I’m in a similar situation to her aswell, one kid at Uni, one teenager at home so two mouths to feed in normal times but three at the moment because Uni’s haven’t gone back yet. I also work with families who are genuinely living in poverty, the fact she even thinks she’s close to going through what they’re going through is insulting. In the words of Jarvis Cocker, she thinks that ‘poor is cool’ when in actual fact, genuine poverty is heartbreaking to just witness, let alone go through.
I remember thinking at the time when she was slating Corbyn that of course she doesn’t want him in power. She needs the Tories to be in charge or she’ll lose her USP. Can’t be the people’s poverty princess if the man in charge has made it his business to get everyone out of poverty.
Jesus, what a brilliant post. Agree with her tactical voting to keep herself in work - may seem a fanciful idea and long winded way for her to go about things but, she's just so selfish and self involved that it's hard to imagine her thinking in any other way.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Is it me or is it weird to my your ex something so meaningful. I mean if they are back together then good for them but it's strange otherwise. What's wrong with a pair of slippers and a book.

Reactions: 14
I've only been here before to read the juicy thread where Jack stopped by, but had to pop back after reading their tweet this morning.

Is Jack actually claiming to have led the troops on this meal voucher U-turn? It very much sounds like it.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Is it me or is it weird to my your ex something so meaningful. I mean if they are back together then good for them but it's strange otherwise. What's wrong with a pair of slippers and a book.
Tweet is from Feb 2020 (I had the exact same WTF reaction on first read!).

Reactions: 17
Correct me if I’m wrong but Marcus Rashford has studiously ignored her and not referred to her at all regarding the food scandal , same with Tom Kerridge yet she states she’s going to be working with them in the near future.

Is she .....is she......lying again?

• Haha
Reactions: 69
She’ll be twiddling her thumbs now there’s no press interviews to insert herself into.

She’ll be having a ‘rona relapse some time soon.

Reactions: 31
Firstly strongly suspect roadside mum is savvy enough to have the measure of her and it’s a case of keeping your enemies close. Jack is clearly shooketh at the idea of an actual marginalised person getting HER media work so RM ought to be careful with any guidance / mentorship (lol) offered by Jack. Also v interesting that none of Jack’s big money corporate sponsors do repeat work with her, it’s as if they’re measuring results? Or just have eyes and ears?

Also re rent bounce, remember when they stormed Gadaffi’s mansion and found all that opulence? Jack’s landlady on eviction day with the 2 door £3k Smeg:

388459-14ea2d91d81dd60926ab35848e13734a.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 80
From my studies of her Twitter antics, I think when she says she is 'working with someone' she means tweeting them, or adding the charity (or whatever) to one of her lists. If she says 'working behind the scenes', she means she has sent them an [unsolicited?} email or DM. If someone likes her tweet she is their friend.

• Haha
Reactions: 68
WTAF IS GOING ON???
I go to bed and miss near enough a whole thread
Haven’t got time to grunk (because unlike Jack I do have actual IMPORTANT work to do) but pie jesus

also, as someone who would increasingly describe my politics as centrist please don’t associate me with Jack 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I'm tired. I could be completely wrong. Has RM engaged with JM since this blew up? Is she about to go 'Full Monroe'? Is this why JM can't switch off?

* I might have answered my own question. JM was VERY quick to jump on this. I sense an undercurrent of control. I wonder what dynamite is in the DMs?

View attachment 388359
there's so much shade there, Jack's going to have to turn the light on.

unless it's aimed at someone else who trying to steal her story and sell it to the highest bidder.

Reactions: 19
i've got into work and the system's down, so i legitimately can't do any work! now would be great time for a chaos.

also, i don't know about anyone else, but my landlord would definitely have something to say if my rent had "bounced" 6 months on the trot 🥴. she needs to come up with some better lies

Reactions: 39
The capitalistion thing has always read to me as "incoherent internet ranting" rather than anything relating to dis/ability, but I guess there's a history I don't know about?

Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.