Jack Monroe #133 Neither a celebrity or a chef

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is one of the thing that irritates me most about her - she treats being gay like cosplay, and also associates it with being chaotic. As though being gay isn't a totally normal thing.
Yes! Like in the past couple of days when she tried to make people think that her being gay meant she was at a disadvantage of being successful/asked to advise on things. This is her perception of homosexuality.

We know she likes to be in the minority, if she thinks being gay is a thing that holds you back then she's going to use that for her "woe is me" narrative. I'd like to see her championing the fact she's gay and not resorting to heteronormative roles when she's in a relationship (Mrs J etc).

Reactions: 41
I'm actually gay, so find it interesting that this could be another one of her personas and this article made me think it is a performance.

She is obviously attracted or has been attracted to men, this isn't incorrect to state.
I wasn't suggesting you were being homophobic. I'm gay, it's not relevant to what I was saying.
Best to keep away from stating something as fact that has no grounding and could be pursued as being libellous

ETA maybe have missed her saying she is attracted to men. I just think this is dodgey ground to speculate on

Reactions: 17
Also if our Laura literally is ours and sending smoke signals over on Twitter - where is the explosive column about all of this, please?! Podcast?! Netflix docuseries?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
But why does she want to sue everyone. No harm to her but I have seen worst stuff said about people think of trump and Johnston and not once have I seen them flounce and go oooh I'm telling.. they ignore and move on.

The only thing that feeds these stories is response because they can continue the narrative, if you ignore they run out of steam shut up and move on.

If it causes her reputation to suffer well I don't think its soely down to that, look at farage. People hate him yet people love him.

Reactions: 21
Sorry if this has already been mentioned but in those two screenshots to/from Jezza, the colours are different? In the message from him her text is white on blue, in the message to him the text is black on blue

• Wow
Reactions: 24
I wasn't suggesting you were being homophobic. I'm gay, it's not relevant to what I was saying.
Best to keep away from stating something as fact that has no grounding and could be pursued as being libellous

ETA maybe have missed her saying she is attracted to men. I just think this is dodgey ground to speculate on
But she's literally stated it in her own words: "They think that because I’m trans, I’m only attracted to very feminine women. Right now, it’s very masculine men, actually." Linky.

My edit: this isn't pulling apart her sexuality, any more than noticing the discrepancies in cat or toaster ownership is questioning cats or toasters. It's just an observation of yet another pointless inconsistency.

Mod edit: All, time to leave this discussion here. Do not derail the thread.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
She has said that the patreon pays all of “Admin and hand- owner” Caroline’s wage plus a third of her own.

I think the trick we’re all missing is that Jack Monroe is Privately Funded

ETA- I’m so tired from her! Is it me or is she cycling through highs and lows every few days since Xmas. LC has definitely fled.

Reactions: 38
But she's literally stated it in her own words: "They think that because I’m trans, I’m only attracted to very feminine women. Right now, it’s very masculine men, actually." Linky.
Like I 'ETA'd, I may have missed her saying that she is attracted to men. Thank you for linking it.
ETA...Still think pulling apart her gender identity and sexuality is unnecessary.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’m not a knowledgeable enough Frau but what was such a difficult time for her in 2017 when Jezza slid into her DM’s ?
Twitter did something mean? She had an ouchy eyebrow? The endless toil of her very existence? IT COULD HAVE BEEN ANYTHING.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Major cringe at the Corbyn DMs. Make sure you contact her via the correct email, comrade JC - if you use [email protected] it's just a subscription service that sends you daily emails letting you know whether or not she can afford butter yet.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
All I will say, we know how much of a vegan she is 🍳

“My veganism is a bit like my lesbianism: there’s always going to be an exception and it’s always worth it.”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Dear Jack,

Please just stop now. This is painful to watch and I have a feeling it is going to end badly. Those overnight tweets were truly awful.

Telling people to just be nice to you because of your rejection sensitive dysphoria doesn't cut it. It is not the way things work. If you put yourself into the public eye and take on subjects like politics then people are going to call you out on your beliefs, just look at the abuse Jeremy Corbyn got. Any campaigner on the left or right of the political spectrum is going to have their ideas and arguments ripped to shreds and mocked by others.

If you instigate pile ons of people (The Reece Mogg woman, Edwina Currie, David Walliams) then you cannot expect people to just be nice. Any one of those people could have their own mental health struggles behind the scenes.

If you tell everyone you are living in poverty and need to feed three people on £20 a week then people are going to notice the inconsistencies.

If you post publicly that you feed your own kid cheap white bread, spready cheese and carrot sandwiches with a packet of cheap maize snacks then you sound like a hypocrite.

You've already talked about the crisis team earlier this year, they deal with people who are either actively suicidal or psychotic. You need to step away from Twitter for the sake of your fragile mental health. If being criticised is so painful it sends you on a downward spiral then you need to take yourself out of that world.

Respond to the criticisms with some dignity or ignore altogether. Getting defensive and snarky is not a professional look. If you want to be taken seriously then you can't behave like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 91
This is REALLY interesting. I've been getting a vibe recently that she's not actually gay, I mean she could be bi but she's deffo not a "lezza". But I wonder how much of the lesbian persona is made up? I get the feeling that what she craves from a partner is someone who will look after her, what better than an older, successful woman? A surrogate mum, if you will. There is too much to unpack here...

She is deffo sexually attracted to men, and with women it's more of a hero worship thing, think Nigella (mum).
As a lesbian with potent mother issues, I feel slightly attacked but also seen :cry: Though Jack definitely gives off bi or straight-girl vibes, aside from the skinny butch look she has going on atm

One of the recent former Mr Jacks was a city boy, and I didn’t quite fit into the Made In Chelsea circle of women that flitted about like glamorous bluebottles. I’ll always remember one particular occasion, when a woman asked me what I did for a living. ‘I’m currently unemployed’, I said, to a now-silent table. All the listing of my previous employment didn’t save me; in the little black dress and champagne cocktail set, I was scummy single mummy, feeling as though I was only there for the novelty value. “Ooh, it’s a real live benefit claimant!” I imagined the ripple of fascination shooting around the table, and definitely caught a few looks and raised eyebrows, as conversation suddenly turned to the fact that ‘only people who pay tax should actually be allowed to vote.’

Probably the original iteration of the Dinner Party of Shame anecdote.
Please make the next thread title be 'scummy yummy single mummy' because it's been dancing around in my head for the last hour

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.