Jack Monroe #133 Neither a celebrity or a chef

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If this happened I would genuinely miss this thread, but it would be so worth it for Jack to be exposed as a fraud and no longer have a platform to rip people off.
I would like to think we could all move to an off topic Frauen and Herren thread where we chat shit there But @Veronicaaa is right. It wouldn't last long, we've seen this pattern too many times and it seems she hasn't changed much over the years.

Reactions: 32
Hmm, yes. And after reading the ss of LC’s insta on the subject I will never look at my innocent, childhood heroine Mary Poppins the same way again.

Still, to each his own I guess!

(ETA: oh yeah! The pink octopus mug that was carefully positioned in shots from all round the house!)

Last edited:
Reactions: 26
I would like to think we could all move to an off topic Frauen and Herren thread where we chat shit there But @Veronicaaa is right. It wouldn't last long, we've seen this pattern too many times and it seems she hasn't changed much over the years.
All this need to be centred in the public discourse, it would have to leak out of Jack somewhere. It's obviously a compulsion for her, people don't really change that much and Twitter is just the vehicle du jour. Like KH and the Donald, whether it's self-inflicted or imposed silence, they'll be back in one form or another.

Reactions: 21
In the words of American cosplay Jack, oh lordy!

Agree that it would not be a surprise if she goes silent today, I think we know her patterns by now. Unless she is actually sleeping now after her 42 hour shift.
She can't go silent, what about the thunderclap?!

Reactions: 32
Mary Poppins cosplay and squiggles hoping for Jack and Marcus to have children together is really making me want to vomit in my hands.
I really wish I’d sent Jack a photo of my rather splendid placenta under #lockdownlarder .

Reactions: 50
The way I see it, being poor and suffering for it is getting people into the headlines. And rightly so, people who are in need shouldn't suffer in silence and should be heard. J isn't in that situation any longer and it's been 10 years since she was, so her relevance to the situation is waning. So stating her rent wasn't paid (on time!) makes her appear poor and ergo relevant (again).

Reactions: 28
To be fair, anyone would dump an adenoidal whinge about THE POVERTY and MY STORY in favour of Showjumping Piglets.
every time I’m booked for something, I’m ill, and anything – like a TV opportunity – I treat as my last ever one because it’s maybe my swansong”

You don’t get that from a show jumping piglet do you.

I do love her attitude however.
It translates to me as “book me if you want but It’s likely I won’t turn up.”

maybe I’m just.... an adult and stuff

Reactions: 42
(It’s the weekend again for me) Just looked up The Cotswald Company to survey the sideboards and see if Tattle pops up if you google them (nope). The sideboards are average. I notice that you can buy them on HP for a small monthly payment..............

Reactions: 15
I really hope she doesn't use the experiences of Travellers as her latest bandwagon. You know, digging out a distant relative as one. I wouldn't put it past her tbh.

Reactions: 31
Well, ain’t you fancy! Piss and a sandwich to WC for ya?

Reactions: 21
It might be mean but I hope she is spending the morning reflecting on how she handles herself in sm.

I hope her agent called her and told her getting angry and shout makes her look bad!

I get the lefty squiggles were upsetting her, but like you do in any public sector job you deal with it in a calm concise way, not sling more mud at them.

Reactions: 24
I really hope she doesn't use the experiences of Travellers as her latest bandwagon. You know, digging out a distant relative as one. I wouldn't put it past her tbh.
She followed a whole load of Traveller accounts a couple of weeks* ago.

*May have been longer, it may just have been a couple of days ago - this is Jack time and we're all just living in it.

Reactions: 43
I've said before, I will be fuming if she does try and go anywhere near that bandwagon, but it will be easy to point out any lies and inconsistencies. The travelling community is fairly small and close-knit, even families that don't live anywhere near one another tend to know who each other are...

Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.