Jack Monroe #131 Mary Sloppins

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve grunked as quick as I can today after seeing an article on the southend Echo about this/Jack. They call her a chef, I presume she’ll correct that as she IS NOT A CHEF.

Can’t believe that tweet to Marcus and it’s a shame to see that squiggles are still blindly supporting her.

First time on her thread, so hello! Admittedly i do not know much about Jack, but ive just been reading through here....
I might be wrong, but she reminds me of some of the people i went to uni with.... Clearly middle class but desperately trying to be working class. Her book collection made me laugh too, as if she has ever read the Tony Benn book!!
I think im going to enjoy reading all the tea on Jack.
Hello!
You’ve got the basis of her correct there. She is a terrible person and these threads can be quite heavy because of the things she discusses. The cabal are kind, clever and hilarious though, if they weren’t Jacks threads would be too depressing. I’ve been on a Jack break for a bit and would recommend it when she gets a bit much.
Also If you haven’t read it - thread number 31 is an interesting read, Jack graces us with her presence!

• Haha
Reactions: 44
How does she square all her top end appliances with the poor little me schtick. stupid twit.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 38
I’m so tempted to tweet her and ask what knowledge she has of school run kitchens , their budget etc .

I won’t but I wish someone would .

Reactions: 29
bleeping hell. Kids aren’t getting a hot meal at home, does she not know the reason why.
Catering staff are usually the most vulnerable staff working in a school so lots are actually at home. Also as schools are all very full they have to feed those bleeping kids first!
On the few weeks that my daughter was in high school after new term started in Sept (in between periods of whole years isolating at home) the 'hot option' at lunchtime was a cheese and tomato panini - every single day. The logistics of seating and feeding 100+ teens in 20mins and observing social distancing made it nigh on impossible to provide much else by way of variety.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
View attachment 384990
Emma Kennedy weighing in now (don't think this has been posted already?).
Dear everyone in government, please don't...
This! Don't traumatise any other kids please by making them eat tinned slop. I have genuine concerns for her kid, he is a growing boy and the portions sizes are shocking. Mine would be phoning childline if I served up what he gets.
When he is old enough what's the bets he hot foots it round to his dad's, only stopping off for a dirty burger

Reactions: 18
I absolutely can’t keep up with the pace of these threads but have a look at this 👀
___995-abfd06bb32e0b4febdcd21707ec9fa16.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 103
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.