Jack Monroe #129 Jack, could we have a quick chat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh looko! A doggo!
All jokes aside he’s a bit gorgeous, I love him
He's a good old boy. Spends most days dinosaur napping, so I suppose he does have something in common with Jack after all 😂

I'd not noticed the utensil bunting, but it looks crap. She really doesn't give a monkey's about security does she?

• Heart
Reactions: 32
She didn’t go to school in the olden days, she went to a good school in the early 2000s. I was a year head then 🔺.

To permanently exclude children you involve parents, governors and the local authority.

if she was right before GCSEs they might have put her on early study leave. They would have told her parents, for safeguarding reasons- imagine if something had happened to her. And she stole a scalpel! Even as a dare that’s a really stupid thing to do. Stabbing of headmaster Peter Lawrence would be a fresh memory then.

She wasn’t permanently excluded as she is on record of having sat her 4.5 GCSES. She actually will have more GCSEs and is being a huge snob only counting the C plus grades. A GCSE is anything A- G. At that time the ‘average’ grade was a D. In struggling city schools where worked at that time maybe 40% of kids or less would get 5 A-C grades.
On a grunk so might have missed something but I always felt her insistence that she ‘only’ got 4.5 GCSEs was ‘coincidentally’ right beneath that golden target of achieving 5 A-Cs that was drilled into me at at school. I’d have been the year below her and also at a girls grammar (🔺) so similar educational context.

So near yet so far again Jack!! Thwarted by the ‘establishment’!

duck off.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
utensil bunting? what?

metal implements hanging above the back door ready to smack you on the head. it's like something from a cartoon!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
utensil bunting? what?

metal implements hanging above the back door ready to smack you on the head. it's like something from a cartoon!
It’s to deter those imaginary stalkers who leave doorstep gifts and who then might fancy a nosey at the Smeg.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I found this interview with Allegra which mentions her being expelled, but it’s a bit vague. It does say though that she still went back to do her exams. 🤔 (See 6th and 7th paragraphs).
The article is 15 years old so pre-Jack.
Gosh, I didn’t know that Allegra was married before Jack - to Susi Smithers from 2006 - 2012. I note that there’s a recipe for ‘F*** Me Dauphinoise’ in her first cookbook though! Jack is such a copycat with her ‘Come To Bed’ whatever it was! Parmigiana!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
I must strongly object! 😜 (although he's only half Ridgeback) The only things under threat from this boy are your knee caps, he loves to give them a sly lick as he walks past
View attachment 381073
Oh I'm sorry, he is adorable! I have to assume the other half is doing a lot of heavy lifting here as Ridgebacks usually terrify the crap out of me.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
It occurred to me that the fact that we are discussing her bijoux (rented) kitchen plays into her ‘stalker hell’ narrative.

She might use these witty comments to justify her move and wail about her privacy. Of course, she did her famous DKL cat brandishing performance from this same space - privacy, yeah, sure.

Reactions: 20
E0D11CA9-9E0D-44E7-9173-FC2C60FEF5B0.jpeg
A5B1D70E-0EF8-43D7-81E4-60291147BE24.jpeg

Interesting that she had the shot all ready for the first meal she could taste. And what the f would all of those things taste like together?!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 86
That just looks so ... unappetising. And for breakfast, too. A fine example of yucky food on posh plates still looking yucky.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
Please, please just have some bran flakes.

For once.

(are the orange bits in the egg uncooked yolks?)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
Salt and vinegar? At breakfast?

Traaazers? On a bird?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 59
Why on earth would you bother making all of that, if you didn't know if you would be able to taste it? Maybe start simple with a boiled egg or a tin of soup? Oh I know why, because she never lost her taste to begin with.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Her taste has returned! A Long COVID miracle!

She must have a job coming up.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.