Jack Monroe #129 Jack, could we have a quick chat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ya know the moment ...😁 when you snort or snigger at something and say ‘ oh, nothing’ when you’re asked what’s funny by the person sat across from you 😆.

Chronic and habitual lateness is unforgivable. OF COURSE she’s always late. People I have known who’ve made being late their thing are usually perfectly capable of being on time when it suits them.
People who are always late think their time is more important than anyone else’s.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
People who are always late think their time is more important than anyone else’s.
I would bet she's never missed a flight or other transport when it came to trips away (that were definitely not holidays!!)

Reactions: 30
From that article, she's mad, totally mad:

"I did write the Camerons a personal apology letter. It took me three days to write, because I wanted to get it right. I never received any acknowledgement. I never meant to cause them any upset.”

Yea, like they're reading the letter thinking "okay, she's slaughtered us and insulted our dead child for likes and engagement but, hey-ho, she said sorry so how about we draft a long letter to relieve her of her guilt and shame.." It's the arrogance, it's eternally fascinating.
Note how she is implying that she SHOULD have received an acknowledgment from the Camerons, because it took her such an effort (supposedly) to write. That they are somehow falling short in not acknowledging her.
If it took her 3 days to write, then it will have seemed like a very much belated “apology” - not to mention cynical, given that Sainsbury’s etc. were breathing down her neck. And that’s even without knowing what was actually in the “apology” letter. (Knowing how appallingly self-obsessed Jack can be, I dread to think.)
That’s pretty disgusting of her.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
Bicarbonate of soda and lemon juice are good for grout. Lemon juice is a well known homemade cleaning ingredient with bicarb as they react and whiten/ clean things.

Can she not ask her mum these things. I always go to my mum if I have something to and I am unsure how to clean it, because chances are my mum as done so or knows how to do it.

Reactions: 23
Must be cleaning up the grout on the tiles so she'll get her security deposit back before the big move! What story will she spin on it? Harassed out of her home? Can't afford it anymore? Too small? Gleeful pics like the ones after Hellman's Live where she'll finally announce she can afford her forever home?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Note how she is implying that she SHOULD have received an acknowledgment from the Camerons, because it took her such an effort (supposedly) to write. That they are somehow falling short in not acknowledging her.
If it took her 3 days to write, then it will have seemed like a very much belated “apology” - not to mention cynical, given that Sainsbury’s etc. were breathing down her neck. And that’s even without knowing what was actually in the “apology” letter. (Knowing how appallingly self-obsessed Jack can be, I dread to think.)
oh she is disgusting. Expecting them to acknowledge or accept her crappy late apology shows how skewed her view of the world actually is. Just because she decided to say sorry doesn’t mean any of the damage she did with her hurtful words was undone. I’m not surprised they ignored her

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I did A Level Biology back in the late 90s, and the one and only time we were given scalpels was to dissect lamb hearts. Definitely didn’t do anything like that in secondary school, but it was a particularly rough school, so scalpels would have been exceptionally risky 😄

But Jack went to a grammar school so I can well imagine they were allowed to wield scalpels at a younger age.
This reminds me - when I was at primary school in the 70’s, our classroom had one of those enormous paper guillotines in the corner (like in the pic), completely unprotected. Amazing there were no accidents, with a class of 8-year-olds running amok.
(Although there were a few mishaps with the rusty old climbing frame in the tarmac playground, which was unsupervised).
But that was the 70’s. Jack’s talking shite.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Dear Dave and Sam, I wrote you but you still ain’t calling, I left my cell, my pager and the crappy bungalow at the bottom....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
Must be cleaning up the grout on the tiles so she'll get her security deposit back before the big move! What story will she spin on it? Harassed out of her home? Can't afford it anymore? Too small? Gleeful pics like the ones after Hellman's Live where she'll finally announce she can afford her forever home?
If she's moving she'll have to remove that bleeping awful shed wallpaper, too.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
What actually happened. Jack at dinner party with Allegra, starts showing off. Confidentially states her intention to write a political piece that will need a huge amount of contextual historical and political knowledge.

Making polite small talk, a guest - who doesn't know Jack's origins story -says. Is that what you studied at university.

Followed by an embarrassing silence..
Interestingly, I found this info about Louisa, who apparently does talks for schools. In particular, it says: “She did not attend university and has few formal qualifications.”
Maybe Jack has a bit of a chip on her shoulder, because Louisa is a living example of the fact that you don’t necessarily need all the qualifications to be successful - whereas Jack likes to blame this for her failure to progress.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
God can you imagine the contents of that letter. The first 2000 words would have been about The Poverty, the next 1000 about how she is a mother herself and the next 10 would be the apology. It was probably intercepted by security and placed in the "possible dangers" file unseen by either Cameron.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I see this thing about her moving soon repeated a lot. Just to clarify - this is speculation based on one line on a property page, right? Or did someone stumble across something more concrete, and I missed it?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.