Jack Monroe #129 Jack, could we have a quick chat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A now deleted tweet. Ffs does she have to make every single political situation or current events about her?!
Modern day Nostradamus, innit.

Edit: also, peerless dinner party chat, Jack! You must be a blast to be around!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
A now deleted tweet. Ffs does she have to make every single political situation or current events about her?!
Omg not the Nazi dinner party anecdote again. She's fleshed this one out a bit more though. She is like Father Ted with his grudge list. Which reminds me, will she be asking Twit Twit Twitter what everyone's favourite humming noise is?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
How does she manage these hours on Twitter? No wonder she has no time to finish books or post slop recipe cards.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
OMG, she's such a shameless dick.

So many people have warned about Trump (and the rise of the Tea Party loonies the decade earlier), as if that's an original idea. But Iill smol pixie Jack wants to be congratulated for the idea of visiting a concentration camp. duck her for trying to make a visit to Auschwitz about her. What a narcissistic bleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
OMG, she's such a dick.

So many people have warned about Trump (and the rise of the Tea Party loonies three decade earlier), but Iill smol pixie Jack wants to be congratulated for the idea of visiting a concentration camp. duck her for trying to make a visit to Auschwitz about her. What a narcissistic bleep.
It’s aaaaaalll about the bandwagon with her.

Reactions: 30
Worse than 'hot take Jack' is 'I would have totally written a hot take, had it not been for those pesky media people discouraging me' Jack.

(And let's not forget, nobody has had it worse than her, she truly is an inspirational, against the odds, working class hero*)

*in her own fantasy

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 53
I get really irritated with her "it's autism" and "it's ADHD" followed by some mahoosive stereotypical symptom. I have ADHD and my only major struggle is with my hearing (I struggle to hear multiple sounds). My son is autistic and these stereotypes make it so difficult for us because people won't accept his diagnosis as he doesn't fit in that autistic box. The more these stereotypes are promoted the more difficult it is for those with autism to get the support they need.
duck off, duck off, duck off.

Not everything is a sign of autism, she doesn't even have an autistic brain.

I'm autistic and have never pondered when afternoon ends, even if I had it wouldn't be because I am autistic.

Of all the bullshit she spouts the autism stuff annoys me the most. Us autistic women have to fight to be supported and not be stereotyped and this type of rubbish just makes it harder.

Teenager messing around with a knife in school is grounds for immediate suspension, not something to boast about on Twitter, that is if it even happened since I'm sure schools have any scalpels safely locked away. I could also see carrying a knife being reported to the police.

Of course, chances are it never have happened otherwise it would have been mentioned before.
The autism stuff drives me mad too. Firstly if wondering about times of the day was my autistic son's biggest problem I'd be over the moon. Secondly the stereotypes around autism are usually perpetuated by self diagnosed celebs. I know she states she was diagnosed, but her autistic experience is documented like something out of a poorly researched book. These stereotypes make it hard for other people to accept people are autistic unless they display an almost artificial amount of stereotypical symptoms.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
Sure, sure. I imagine it was absolutely the policy of schools in Southend to leave up to the child who had been expelled the job of telling a parent that their child had been expelled. There are absolutely no holes in this story. None at all.
This is *brilliant*, just absolutely, classic Monroe - has told an absolutely huge lie, a bleeping whopper, but she knows that it can't be in any way corroborated by her family so what to do......tell another whopper by way of explanation! beautiful!

She is of course super calculated and clever with her lies, she knows no one will check with the school and that the school would be unlikely to give details of their students away so she can lie about it/them with wild abandon, they're an easy target. Its just the pesky family who stand in the way, so a good job she's totally shameless and doesn't think twice about lying through her back teeth to and about them - the absolutely priceless thing would be to see her parents reading, for the first time, that 16/17 years ago they're fantasist daughter was apparently expelled from school and the school didn't think to call them at any point, it didn't show up in any letter or record and no sibling or friend of the family thought to mention it either - imagine reading this bollocks and thinking ''haha, THAT didn't happen...'' but not being able, in good conscience, to say anything for fear of embarrassing your pathological liar daughter and alienating her and her son from you. You have to wonder if they just read it with a bowl of popcorn, laughing, like us...

And about the PRU: *another* little roll she has 'on the quiet', perhaps we need to start compiling a list just to keep up - so far we have government school food policy mastermind, Rashford career mastermind, PRU stalwart and a few more that I quite frankly know i'm missing but can't remember.. but it does seem strange, to a simple man like me, that someone who was ahem, 'expelled' from school with nearly no grades would assume that a teaching career would be attainable or that the teaching profession would even want her... not that it matters, there is precisely zero chance of it ever happening because, as ever, she's talking straight out of her arse.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 84
She describes her school days like something out of the sixties. I'm older than her and I remember my school was far more modern than she describes. And I went to a faith school so I suspect the comps were even more modern.

Reactions: 43
Edit: it would be interesting though to hear back from the school, thinking about it. She made an allegation there that could be considered a serious one - namely that a self-harming child who attempted to steal a scalpel, apparently to continue self-harming, was 'ceremoniously (whatever that means) expelled' without any contact with her parents rather than being offered support. That surely can't be good. The school is Westcliff High School for girls and, if this truly did happen, they would have a lo to answer for. Perhaps they should be asked for comment about this dereliction of duty...

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Saving some receipts for the archives as some stuff already deleted this morning.

View attachment 379523
View attachment 379524
View attachment 379526
What the actual?? I get the vibe she can’t be bothered with her own kid let alone 30+ other kids.

And she does know she’ll have to be there early in the morning every day of term? And she’ll have a lot of work to do outside school hours? There will be parents questioning her as well as having to answer to people? And ALLLLLLL the illnesses and conditions, is she going to call in sick and then dick about on Twitter?

The arrogance of her to assume she could get a teaching job when “all this” finishes. It’s an insult to teachers who train hard and work hard (now more than ever). I used to want to be a teacher but when I went to secondary school I changed my mind because I didn’t and still don’t think I could do it.

• Heart
Reactions: 87
It will be public record who was Head of Year 11 at her old school that time, so she should be very careful about these allegations made on Twitter.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.