Jack Monroe #129 Jack, could we have a quick chat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

The best thing is not to give it any attention and starve it of oxygen. Not the first time I’ve said this today funnily enough
This. Mumsnet is best ignored. The thread there will just be full of people moaning that they got banned because they weren't allowed to be disruptive, unpleasant and rude towards tattlers - that's what Mumsnet is for!

There's a thread on tattle about the fame hungry owner who, similarly to jack, started begging for money to keep afloat right at the start of covid, and still is now 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Why does she blend bechamel ingredients? I just do not get it! Can't she make it the normal way???? (no)

Also not everyone can afford a bloody blender!
No, you misunderstand. Everyone can afford a blender. It’s can openers they can’t afford.

• Haha
Reactions: 65
This. Mumsnet is best ignored. The thread there will just be full of people moaning that they got banned because they weren't allowed to be disruptive, unpleasant and rude towards tattlers - that's what Mumsnet is for!

There's a thread on tattle about the fame hungry owner who, similarly to jack, started begging for money to keep afloat right at the start of covid, and still is now 😆
Not to be OT but I was actually close to tears regarding a couple of threads on there about teachers. Keep going back on there though like an actual masochist. Need to get the website blocked from my phone.

Feel like there can be differences of opinion on here without people resorting to being absolutely vile.

We can all agree that Jack's a bleep though.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 61
I have colleagues who say “I’m a bit OCD” when they mean they’re fussy (there’s nothing wrong with being neat, tidy and particular). When , on the odd occasion, I’ve said they don’t have OCD ( they’re fussy) and that it’s a serious debilitating condition they look at me like I’m being a nasty cow.
Absolute pet hate. I was incredibly ill with OCD a few years ago and it was horrendous. Completely paralysing. I have to bite my lip whenever anyone makes a throwaway “I’m a bit OCD because they like “tidying”. (My house is incredibly untidy!)

• Heart
Reactions: 58
I'm on a calorie counting website ( not myfitnesspal), and it's very like mumsnet, in that if someone asks a reasonable question, they get shot down in flames with replies like "read the home page like everyone else', and they don't like new members. So cliquey.
Yet another reason I love these threads
wlr?

Might be too short.

Reactions: 10
Absolute pet hate. I was incredibly ill with OCD a few years ago and it was horrendous. Completely paralysing. I have to bite my lip whenever anyone makes a throwaway “I’m a bit OCD because they like “tidying”. (My house is incredibly untidy!)
I use it to describe my mum's cleaning issues. She angry cleans and will have complete meltdowns and tantrums about the house. Christmas is stressful because everything has to be kept perfect or you risk an explosion.

I use it because I think it's a term people know that best describes this specific facet of my mum's behaviour (I think in general she's on the narc spectrum and she also has a lot of paranoia problems.)

• Heart
Reactions: 22
This. Isn't. Autism!
It's not cute or clever, and why put it with Thunderclap emojis? Just looks like you're taking the piss.
This and all the ADHD/ND stuff makes me think she's getting in an early pitch as a mental health expert...available for post pandemic work. (Now that really is a nightmare!)

As for Linda's sausages: Used to be the only ones we bought but they went very chewy and fatty about 10 years ago. Quorn for me now. Sometimes I peel the skin off and and eat them raw. Probably TMI. :)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
So here she not only claims full credit for the idea BUT ALSO gives an Oscar acceptance type speech thanking those who have inspired her.
WTF?
Jack, have you forgotten what this “campaign” is supposed to be about? Pay rises for NHS workers etc., no? When that happens, THAT is the time to give your fulsome thanks.
But as usual you have centred yourself and this tweet reveals that your REAL aim is to get yourself as much credit and as many mentions as possible.

You are certainly no Marcus Rashford, lady.

Don’t you have to raise a deposit to stand as an map? Maybe she discovered she couldn’t do a Kickstarter, and she bailed?
I think the actual Kickstarter she did for her book might actually have been the issue here. Standing as an MP, she would have got PLENTY of questions about why she was ripping people off. I think the “death threats” were massively exaggerated, if they existed at all.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
That...thing looks like what non-vegans think vegan food is: a big turdy lump of stodge full of weird-sounding faux ingredients (no horse spunk? Use Phony Pony brand cashew spunk instead, yum!).

I see so many pictures of interesting-looking vegan dishes with (whisper it) colour and texture involved. Was it that hard to find a cook to make one?

PS Jack, learn to spell basic culinary terms please.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Eurgh if I didn’t suffer with Trypophobia before, I definitely do now after seeing that photo of her latest ‘creation’! 🤮

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
No one gives a duck about Jack on Twitter tonight cos she’s poorly timed this announcement to collide with Trump being permanently banned from the platform. More of a chunder crap than a 🌩 👏🏼

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Linda’s sausages rule, the very antithesis of Brenda’s bangers.
They just changed the recipe -again

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Solidarity!!! Been there. Without sounding dramatic, it’s a horrific illness. I hope you’re doing well now. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 26
So she had that Twitter meltdown about her lack of support the other night in full knowledge that she had ANOTHER big-name brand collaboration in the pipeline? Also can't believe she's reused the horse jism """"bechamel"""" method that failed dismally on live TV 🐴🥛

Wonder what the oracle has to say about this?

Screenshot_20210109_002020.jpg

Oh, and

Screenshot_20210109_002446.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 92
Finishing my Grunka and laughing like crazy about Slopbot:
"...and the bot from Mel Donte he say 'fruit so fresht truly the besht'."

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.