Jack Monroe #129 Jack, could we have a quick chat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It truly amazes me the lengths she will go to inject herself into a story. Not to 🔺 but I was diagnosed with some issues as a teen and one of my main problems was compulsive lying to the point where I genuinely could not tell fact from fiction. Teen me would be so impressed with Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Thank you for your service to the screenshots. Sometimes I think I’ve dreamed tweets up in my fevered imagination until I check your tireless records.
Thank space you but I was blissfully unaware of this latest nonsense. Annoying because I was up briefly but assumed she’d crashed out after her great evening poll fizzled out. High five to the night shift. 🙏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Making up for not going to sixth form by having sixth former takes on everything for ever.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
She just doesn't know how to cook, does she. There's reasons becamel is made the way it is.

I did spot the 'dinky clove of garlic' has made it's way into the recipe ("4 fat cloves of garlic or 6 dinky ones").
Jumping ahead so sorry if this has been pointed out, but while she lists garlic in the ingredients, she never actually tells you what to do with it in the recipe. It’s just forgotten about.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
Jumping ahead so sorry if this has been pointed out, but while she lists garlic in the ingredients, she never actually tells you what to do with it in the recipe. It’s just forgotten about.
It’s safe to assume it’s bleeping obliterated in the nutribullet dear heart ❤

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Are there any depths to which this inveterate illywhacker won’t sink? She’s deranged. I actually prefer Trump: at least he doesn’t delete the lies and the hate he tweets, just brazens it out. She pretends that she’s fragile and noble and damaged but she’s just a bleeping incurable liar.
They're both grifters, just on different sides of the aisle. You'd think they'd see a kinship with him!

Reactions: 27
She always goes on about her lack of grades, but I know plenty of people who have gone back to study as adults. One never even did exams the first time around, and went on to do a PhD in his late 30s. There's plenty of study opportunities out there if you want to really go for it. I've got an entirely useless degree, there's nothing but my own fear and nonsense stopping me going back and doing something more useful. Not that she's at all suitable for teaching, especially in a PRU!

• Heart
Reactions: 53
She must be thrilled with Linda McCartney because while Veganuary don’t want her using their hashtag, I doubt they’re going to want to risk saying that to the Linda McCartney people. It’s a far better collab partner than I thought she’d have.
Why don’t veganuary want her using their hashtag? Sorry I struggle to keep up so this may have been covered

Reactions: 16
It truly amazes me the lengths she will go to inject herself into a story. Not to 🔺 but I was diagnosed with some issues as a teen and one of my main problems was compulsive lying to the point where I genuinely could not tell fact from fiction. Teen me would be so impressed with Jack.
Fascinating comment, have wondered if this might be the case for monroe - that she just doesn't know anymore. Is it okay to ask; what did it feel like at the time, mid-lie? what would you say if you were caught telling a lie/did it come as a shock seeing as you believed it to be true? Does it feel weird now looking back on it? and how did you break the habit? Thanks...

• Heart
Reactions: 36
@traumatised sideboard dear heart, she's a writer who can't write because she's ND/ADHD/a cheeky scamp with 4.5 GCSEs/[insert reason here]

Now duck off x

Ps in relation to "are you being incredibly pedantic" , yes absolutely x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Fascinating comment, have wondered if this might be the case for monroe - that she just doesn't know anymore. Is it okay to ask; what did it feel like at the time, mid-lie? what would you say if you were caught telling a lie/did it come as a shock seeing as you believed it to be true? Does it feel weird now looking back on it? and how did you break the habit? Thanks...
Fine to ask, but it's honestly hard to remember concrete thought processes from back then. I used to watch a lot of soaps as a teen and also generally had an overactive imagination so I felt things so deeply, I sort of embodied whatever story I wanted to spin/narrative I wanted to tell. Sometimes being caught in an outright lie was a shock to the system but mostly I'd just deflect or double down. I still do it sometimes, where I retell a lie that I've told myself/others for years and only realise later that it was constructed/not the truth. I think the important thing was that a lot of my lies were always based in half-truths which is why I wonder if monroe bases some of their lies off of things happening to kids their parents fostered (like maybe a foster was expelled). Also, tons and tons of therapy went into this, but honestly, I had SO much trouble locating good ones because so many did not want to deal with an outright lying patient/didn't know how to handle it. And it took me realising I didn't remember the truth about anything in my life to want to figure out what was wrong. I am sure there are people who never come to that realisation because it involves self-awareness on the scale they literally may be incapable of.

Sorry for the long response!

• Heart
Reactions: 80
Another deletion but who can be arsed with it all.
Her suggestion that the rise of the far right had passed these people by, people that work in the news and journalism, is laughable. It has been reported on since the late 80's.

Her chip on her shoulder about her lack of educational achievement is so big, she must have to stand at an angle to balance it out. Why does she not do anything about it, if it bothers her so much? I know of many, many, people, that chose to return to education after their children went to school.

My best friend left school at 16 to be a hairdresser, left her job when she had kids in her 30s. She left school with no qualifications at all, not a one, not even a single GCSE. She returned to education after her kids started school and finally finished university with a degree last year at the age of 50. I am so proud of her, as are her children. She did this while working to support her family. Then Jack gets an honourary doctorate without any work, and actually calls herself doctor! It is an insult.

Education doesn't have to end because you flunk a few GCSEs, lifelong learning is a thing. She just doesn't have the drive or determination to actually do the work needed to obtain qualifications. It is why her idea of becoming a teacher and working in a PRU is just all pie in the sky talk. Jack is just so lazy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
Imagine her being a primary teacher! What would the kids do when she took her hours’ long naps?
Parents evening
Sorry child’s parent/parents I had a chaos, someone knocked on the classroom door and I hid under the desk howling and clawing the floor, eighteen slow cooker pots of slop were on the go that needed watching and my A-Z of ailments which the children were not remotely interested in, or is that my maverick autism brain that is making me think that, and that is the reason why your son/daughter has only written their name on their book this term and done no work. Y’all have no problem with that do you? If you do you are big big bullies! Now duck off!

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Exactly! She’s constructed the dismissal around her due to disdain for her education. When in fact it was probably such a tired hotchpotch of convoluted understanding and regurgitated tweets that they really didn’t want to engage with such drivel?!

Reactions: 27
Does anybody think these private school Oxbridge news people just thought that her scampering off to bleeping AUSCHWITZ to scribble in one of her little notebooks about the rise of the far-right was ridiculous, not the idea that it was happening.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
wlr?

Might be too short.
Yes. I love the actual site, and have been a member for 14 years...but it's always the same people dominating the forum and ignoring anyone who isn't in the "gang".

I have never posted on the forum!

To keep things on topic:. Jack's a twit etc etc

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.