Jack Monroe #129 Jack, could we have a quick chat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sigh, a thread in AIBU about tattle. I think most of them thing we are unreasonable for existing. It was suggested that someone here was posting over there to lure mn’ers over. No thanks.
I am tempted to post “netmums is to mumsnet as mumsnet is to tattle”
Haha,..they love us over there.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Sigh, a thread in AIBU about tattle. I think most of them thing we are unreasonable for existing. It was suggested that someone here was posting over there to lure mn’ers over. No thanks.
I am tempted to post “netmums is to mumsnet as mumsnet is to tattle”
The best thing is not to give it any attention and starve it of oxygen. Not the first time I’ve said this today funnily enough

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
You mean you weren’t worrying about what time the evening starts when you were 2 years old?!
She might have been ACTUALLY 2 years old, but based on her musical, culinary and literary tastes she was pretending to be anything between 10 and 50 years old.

So, yes, thinking about when afternoon ends and evening starts could have taken up some of her mental energy.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I'm on a calorie counting website ( not myfitnesspal), and it's very like mumsnet, in that if someone asks a reasonable question, they get shot down in flames with replies like "read the home page like everyone else', and they don't like new members. So cliquey.
Yet another reason I love these threads

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
JFC .... why is EVERY question she has because she’s “””autistic”” ..... like NON AUSTIC FOLKS PONDER STUFF TOO YOU COMPLETE A-HOLE

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Hey you guys, sometimes I'm happy and sometimes I'm sad. Do you think it's because I'm bipolar or because I experience emotions like all human beings?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 100
If it shows the street, then she's in the large front bedroom. A week or so ago, she'd moved into one of the other bedrooms (both at the back of the house) and given the big room to SB, or so she said.
Why is she so obsessed with moving everything around all the time?

To be added to my list of 'why' questions.

Why does everything have to be soft?
Why does everything have to have lemon?
Why is everything always on the turn?
Why always eggs?

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Why is she so obsessed with moving everything around all the time?

To be added to my list of 'why' questions.

Why does everything have to be soft?
Why does everything have to have lemon?
Why is everything always on the turn?
Why always eggs?
You seem curious. According to Jack, that's a sign of autism.

/s

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Marvellous, she's making sure to telegraph all her ailments to her uninitiated new followers, presumably so that when she does something reprehensible later on the squiggles will let it slide (or even leap to her defence) because she's SPECIAL.

The copy for that recipe is atrocious. She used 'usually' in three consecutive sentences in the first paragraph, was thesaurus.com out of action while she was writing this? 'Mozzarella' (in the ingredients list) and 'béchamel' are both spelt wrong. Don't worry though, our old friends from the nightmare-inducing DKL lasagne have made a triumphant return: black tea in place of red wine and a worrying white sauce that will definitely thicken. No horses involved this time, it's fully vegan. 'Firepower' is not the same as 'heat' either. Maybe I'm just incredibly pedantic but if someone calls themselves a writer I do rather expect them to be able to write.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
JFC .... why is EVERY question she has because she’s “””autistic”” ..... like NON AUSTIC FOLKS PONDER STUFF TOO YOU COMPLETE A-HOLE
"Is it an ADHD/ND thing to 'think'? My maverick brain just comes up with all of these 'thoughts'. Todays example is 'Put canned pears in a vegan Irish stew'"

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I've watched 7 episodes of the second series of Staged already. Saving the final one for tomorrow. Love you Michael 💟😂
omg i've never heard of this and will now be watching immediately. Genuinely feel sad that Michael sheen isn't my husband sometimes (no offence mr blurst)

i'm also aware i've probably missed some more embarrassing jack behaviour so she's a bleep etc etc

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Marvellous, she's making sure to telegraph all her ailments to her uninitiated new followers, presumably so that when she does something reprehensible later on the squiggles will let it slide (or even leap to her defence) because she's SPECIAL.

The copy for that recipe is atrocious. She used 'usually' in three consecutive sentences in the first paragraph, was thesaurus.com out of action while she was writing this? 'Mozzarella' (in the ingredients list) and 'béchamel' are both spelt wrong. Don't worry though, our old friends from the nightmare-inducing DKL lasagne have made a triumphant return: black tea in place of red wine and a worrying white sauce that will definitely thicken. No horses involved this time, it's fully vegan. 'Firepower' is not the same as 'heat' either. Maybe I'm just incredibly pedantic but if someone calls themselves a writer I do rather expect them to be able to write.
Squiggles have pointed out an error on the recipe where she mixes up the pasta and passata (fb).

Darling Jack blames brain fog from covid.

Mum jumps in and rescues Jack but completely misses the point and starts going on about vegemince.

I would have settled for some custard in that pasta dish tbh.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.