Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

waffle maker

VIP Member
oh my god. ‘a quick chat’- that’s what you say when someone is gonna get done. I am speaking as someone who has been on both sides of a quick ring.

Screenshot here for anyone who doesn't have Twitter (I assume I don't need to squiggle her as she's her agent and not a random member of the public, but happy to be corrected if people disagree):
View attachment 376189

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80

ChickenPorridge

VIP Member
Are we supposed to believe that the head of news at channel 4 is so skint and on the bones of her arse that she's having to live with her ex-Jack Monroe- free of charge? Oh sorry, I shouldn't be commenting on this as it's none of my business! Only for the eyes of 290k Twitter followers 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80

Deej

How can she weight train and recover from long COVID at the same time? A professional liar needs to have a better memory!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 79
The £23k pa tweet will be first to go, it’s so ridiculous there’s a risk actual blue tickers or publishing industry people may reply like wtf.

Also if a £7k * 2 advance plus royalties isn’t adequate for the work you put into the books then they’re not a viable business? Either re negotiate or stop? There are only so many ways to incinerate food the world will be okay with the first six hun

• Haha
  • Heart
Bored of saying it....

not.a.single.parent

co-parent. It’s really unfair on (mostly) mothers doing it mostly or entirely on their own. I have friends who have never had a single penny from the dads, nor a break. It really enrages me.

• Heart

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
Jack blowing the roof off the shitty bungalow tonight “stop getting THUNDERCLAP WRONG!!”

• Haha
Reactions: 78

MancBee

VIP Member
If Louisa BB can't contribute financially even though she is a highly paid Head of News at Channel 4, what is stopping her doing some cleaning, some clothes washing, some of the household chores, entertain her son, give her emotional support? Though God forbid they venture into the kitchen to cook. Jack has made sure that everyone knows that she is the only one capable of making a meal.

What is the point of having Louisa a BB there if it isn't for help, assistance, emotional/financial/physical support?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

Bumbear

Yep. Sorry to keep tagging @Bumbear but she calculated over £100k had been taken in dividends, the fact her accounts are showing a deficit suggests she actually over took dividends too which is v frowned upon. She may only take £23k p/a as a PAYE style salary but she’s got a lot more to play with 🤷🏻‍♀️
Morning all - sorry I just could not deal with this last night! It sent me into an absolute rage (on top of what is happening in the US) and I had to go into a dark corner with a flannel over my head.

What I had calculated from the 2018/19 accounts is that around £104k had been removed from the business bank account (after I had allowed £25k for the pay / tax of the second employee from the business, whom we assume is Caroline). We cannot tell from the accounts exactly how it was paid out - these are micro accounts so they don't show a director's dividend amount on the paperwork.

If she is saying she doesn't pay herself a dividend, then she could have taken the whole lot out potentially as PAYE (taxed at source in the business bank account) of which she then allocated £23k to live on (her version of the living wage), and saved the rest into a savings personal account.

Doing it via PAYE she would take home after tax around £68k. After paying herself £23k that leaves £45k which has gone somewhere.

It's perfectly possible she could have done this, but not what an accountant would recommend, as it's less tax efficient overall. I do have some friends who are contractors but choose to pay themselves via PAYE (after charging clients a day rate) because they are worried about owing tax on dividends etc and this way they know they've paid tax in full up front. We know Jack has said she struggles with managing her money, so maybe she also is concerned about this (in that case don't empty out the business bank account to the point where you can't pay your corporation tax bill)!

She keeps referring to money put aside for the forever house so it could be that the remaining, larger sum (£45k) could be squirrelled away in a personal, savings account for the deposit.

What doesn't make sense though is the rental cost of the bungalow (approx £2k per month) which she is now paying by herself - that doesn't add up on £23k a year to live on. And that's before bills and living expenses, unless she's getting a significant discount on the rental cost.

Anyway, HTH, got to dash to work. Love to all. xxx

Last edited:
  • Heart

Gentlemensrelish

Chatty Member
Screenshot_20210106-201435__01.jpg

She's so disingenuous. She didn't miss a tax return 'one year' which makes it sound like she missed one in 1993 and has filed perfectly ever since. She missed 18/19 from which a reasonable conclusion as to earnings could be drawn.

• Heart
Reactions: 77

colouredlines

VIP Member
So in 24 hours she's gone from:

* asking Rish mate for financial support for herself because she is #ExcludedUK and loading the washing machine is tough

* backtracking, announcing she doesn't need financial support, but still tagging Rish mate to ask him for...something? Emotional support? Doggos? I don't follow UK politics too closely so I'm not sure if the current Chancellor of the Exchequer is really a "inbox me hun, my DMs are always open x" type.

* selflessly asking Rish mate to save the NHS with #JackMonroesThunderclapForCarersByJackMonroe

I feel quite teary actually. This is the most progress she's made since we started watching her!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76

ChickenPorridge

VIP Member
Covid19 superspreader who went to A&E with fake black eye during a pandemic? Is that the one who founded Thundercrap?

• Haha
  • Heart

crystaleyesd

VIP Member
Oooft I dare someone to tell Jack that there's another trending hashtag #cashnotclaps that might be better suited and less confusing than her effort? Of course, she'd have to relinquish her 'founder' status... but if it's all about the action and outcome then surely she won't mind? 😇

• Haha
  • Heart

AdultHumanFemale

The ThunderClap thing is like a bad joke. If you have to explain it, it wasn't that great in the first place.

Also got to love how quickly she has jumped on this to make it hers. God forbid she let an opportunity pass before she can put her grubby fingerprints over it.

However, it is rather remarkable how quickly she has recovered from her depressive episode yesterday. If only the rest of us stuck in dark haunting holes of our depression could just retweet our way back to emotionally balanced and functioning normality.

#Dickhead.

• Heart
  • Sad

Boogs

VIP Member
I have been feeling for Louisa and understanding how hard it can be to break away from someone so manipulative, especially when there is a kid involved. I ended a relationship with someone a couple of months ago who was struggling with her mental health and quite frankly at times it felt like she was making my life hell and torturing me but I kept getting pulled back in as I wanted to believe that she could make the changes that she needs to and I felt tied because of her kid. You could say that at times looking at Jack it was a ‘hard relate’. I just don’t know how Louisa could look at the crap that she is posting tonight and not run for the hills. If you read this Louisa you’re an intelligent woman and you are not responsible for this awful woman. Get out and get out now before she damages you more than I suspect that she already has.

• Heart
Reactions: 75

MancBee

VIP Member
MPS don’t give a fuck about letters from people who don’t vote for them. My Tory MP had a fair few letters and emails from me back in the days of anti austerity. You just get a copy/ paste reply. Similarly hashtags are a bit ‘save 6music! In 2012!’.

write your book Jack and help your poor son with his home learning!

did the daily recipe hashtag thing happen yesterday?
To be honest, MP's don't give a fuck about letters whether you vote for them or not. As a lifelong Labour voter, I wrote to my MP about a local issue. I received a reply from her assistant which basically said "I know, it's not good is it?".

My MP in Salford (Rebecca Long Bailey) doesn't have to worry about being re elected, so complacency regarding constituency matters is very high.

The Thunderclap idea is more likely to be counterproductive, as it will irritate the very MP's you are trying to win over. Clogging someones Twitter/email/post will get a similar response to Jack's explanation of her thunderclap hashtag. It will be a standard brush off reply.

Conservatives have a huge majority, and 4 years until next election. Labour, without the support of the SN haven't a cat in hells chance of getting in at the next election. SN will not give their support unless they get an independence referendum, which they will win. Once Scotland gains independence Labour would be in a terrible situation, without a realistic chance of power.

The country is fucked for many years ahead. No stupid hashtag or tweeting will change that.

I'm on one again......where's that soapbox I left lying about?😂

ETA I swore twice in that diatribe, you lot are having an effect on me. 😬

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 75

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
I should be offended by her acting like a 23k salary is a pittance.
I’m older than her, work harder than her (not that that says much LOL), and despite 🔺working for Big Admin, earn less than her. But it doesn’t get to me.
I‘ve had times when it’s all got a bit much (who hasn’t), I swear I’ve got so much more that I could complain about than her (again, who hasn’t).
But honestly, I’ve got so much love in my life, friends, family, that sometimes feel like I’m the luckiest woman alive. It’s cheesy but I don’t care, it’s true.
Jack you might as well be a millionaire but I know that me, and all the other “ghouls” here have so much more perspective, empathy and humour than you’ll ever understand. Now fuck off! X

ETA. I fucking RENT too! And I’m that unbothered by it I literally forgot! 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 74