Jack Monroe #128 Just eat the custard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think what she'll do is never mention it again - and go a bit quiet on twitter for a while, because if her agent doesn't tell her to do that, she's not much of an agent really.
Yeah I think this too. She will return with pics of Cooper to distract is all. I mean who can resist a gorgeous floofy catto?

Reactions: 33
Now I know that the 'crying' photo is a performance the most upsetting thing I find about it is imagining that itchy wool from the jumper around my neck.
I'd have clawed it raw.
I choose clothes by feel.
That would have to be the softest of soft wool. Cashmere or something equally expensive!
I'd want one made out of softy softy soft pillowy softy soft white bread with pockets made of cheap wet ham

• Haha
Reactions: 31
She's like a naughty little scamp of a child who annoys the other kids, then when they get a telling off, bursts into tears and thinks all is forgotten. Maybe she's just tired and needs a nap.

Which reminds me...I had my username MONTHS before she had her dinosaur snores!! She's all up in my Jurassic Niche!

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Some of this has been said but I've had to Grunka - bad afternoon at work! That's salaried work Jack, stayed here 22 years through thick and thin. Longish post alert so do scroll down.
£1.19 for a Pot Noodle? You've been done there, and supermarkets like Asda that you visited the other day don't usually take flash marked goods. They come from cash and carry places like Booker, even Costco. Me, the junk food expert would not pay more than 75p for a poodle of any flavour. Corner shop purchase for a picture opportunity.

Housemates. I've lived in many shared houses and had lodgers / housemates since owning a house. All of them have paid something. Food, money, even toilet roll depending on the duration of stay. Only exception is the current one - but she's a cat.

The comments on SBs dad. Wow. You've said he is works at Greggs. And he is a great co-parent. I saw my dad 3-4 times a year, no overnight stays. I class my mum as a single parent. Not sure it applies to Jack in quite the same way. Commenting on his job and other children is pathetic.

Tax / furlough / grants. Not sure on exact details but reads as rubbish. Earlier this year she chose to pay the assistant now it's legally obligated? No. You can't change your mind.

End rant!
Yes to every single point!
On a grunka, so might be late to introduce new aspects...but...I actually do not believe any of the BB not contributing bit. Apart from BB being a Brexit tin hamburgler, she does not (from a distance and without personally knowing her) as somebody who takes advantage of a mum with a child who is on significantly less money (or maybe there isn't less money😆). I don't believe for one second that JM would be in an arrangement in which she has to also provide for the other person or in which she does not profit.
Diet: so two people who have suffered from Covid19 are living off pot noodle and soups?? My arse!!! They have the money but choose to live off the worst diet ever, which is not even cheap.

If I had a limited company with me being the employee, I could also pay myself a minimum wage and then cry about how my boss/company lol, is paying me a tit salary. Nice trick. FFS, why am I spending any amount of time on her...?

Zero waste Jack doing cleaning products...she just follows the recommended and predictable influencer path..I know the formats inside out.. (completed it, mate)

Edit:eek:n a small grunka, just realising that there was not one original and new thought to contribute but I guess it always helps if there are more people who are on the same page. And her language: if I as someone whose first language is not English sees red flags in regards how she phrases things, you never have to doubt yourself in that she is doing another manipulation! Even I could make myself so clear to not send the ambivalent messages she is sending. But anyone could- just don't bloody lie!!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Yeah I think this too. She will return with pics of Cooper to distract is all. I mean who can resist a gorgeous floofy catto?
Me. Even though I have a fluffy cat who is very pretty and thick as a barn door, I get the 'Oh, how adorable' response from cats who look like cats, not cats who look like a larger version of their own tumbleweeds - and preferably ones that are very talkative. Same way there are only certain breeds of dog not the deranged mutants with the inability to breathe or how their brain reach its natural size without their skull exploding that get me. Essentially, hounds and some pastoral breeds. My ideal house would be one with a small tribe of generic shouty black cats, a token Meezer and Beagles. Of course, I wouldn't be able to wear either black or white clothes due to the fur all over the place, but I'd never be short of conversation.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I’m still catching up so i apologise if this has been brought up but it feels like she’s Just discovered the “excludedUK” peeps and it’s just the latest bandwagon for her to jump on.

Most of the excluded folk are those who work in businesses that are currently not able to operate under restrictions and therefore haven’t been able to earn anything- or people who recently became self employed and some new starting employees who can’t access gov help/funding.

As far as I can tell, it appears she has worked THROUGHOUT this entire pandemic, she *might* have earned less than usual, but she has DEFINITELY done work and got paid, that’s the beauty of the nature of her work.
I think the general point amongst the excluded folk is that their situations have rendered them completely excluded from help and/or excluded from being able to work and earn ANYTHING.

I appreciate everyone’s situations are slightly different but just going off what jack has LITERALLY TOLD US, she is still able to earn a wage and stay afloat, so i would certainly not put her in the category she is trying to claim solidarity with.

Edited to add:
A family member of mine in is part of “excludedUK” as she went self employed just before the pandemic kicked off, works in the hair and beauty industry so has not been able to earn anything or claim any help when the salons etc have been closed.
I know there are different situations, but that’s what my understanding of what excludedUK is, not just someone who is doing slightly less tit cooking than usual 🥴

She's replied to his two-day old tweet.

View attachment 375974

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Me. Even though I have a fluffy cat who is very pretty and thick as a barn door, I get the 'Oh, how adorable' response from cats who look like cats, not cats who look like a larger version of their own tumbleweeds - and preferably ones that are very talkative. Same way there are only certain breeds of dog not the deranged mutants with the inability to breathe or how their brain reach its natural size without their skull exploding that get me. Essentially, hounds and some pastoral breeds. My ideal house would be one with a small tribe of generic shouty black cats, a token Meezer and Beagles. Of course, I wouldn't be able to wear either black or white clothes due to the fur all over the place, but I'd never be short of conversation.
I have some sort of Foxhound/Beagle/Harrier mix and he is the gobbiest prick.
Genuinely answers me back when told, 'No!'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
She's like a naughty little scamp of a child who annoys the other kids, then when they get a telling off, bursts into tears and thinks all is forgotten. Maybe she's just tired and needs a nap.

Which reminds me...I had my username MONTHS before she had her dinosaur snores!! She's all up in my Jurassic Niche!
I always assumed your username is a reference to Dinosaur Jr? Correct?!

Also for some reason normcore Jack in a regular woollen jumper and jeans gives me the creeps, something about it isn't quite right

• Haha
Reactions: 34

Also for some reason normcore Jack in a regular woollen jumper and jeans gives me the creeps, something about it isn't quite right
It's like another costume she's chosen for her performance. Definitely preferable to the sideboard outfit, but agree it seems somehow off

Reactions: 22

YES!!!!! yes it is!!! I love them!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Saw this on Insta and realised it’s the kind of book that Jack could be involved with if she wasn’t so involved with herself.

5EF54AFD-039A-4DE2-B0E4-F868297B4D87.jpeg

3C54F0B5-5FA2-4638-AC6E-C1A5C2623A01.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I’m still catching up so i apologise if this has been brought up but it feels like she’s Just discovered the “excludedUK” peeps and it’s just the latest bandwagon for her to jump on.

Most of the excluded folk are those who work in businesses that are currently not able to operate under restrictions and therefore haven’t been able to earn anything- or people who recently became self employed and some new starting employees who can’t access gov help/funding.

As far as I can tell, it appears she has worked THROUGHOUT this entire pandemic, she *might* have earned less than usual, but she has DEFINITELY done work and got paid, that’s the beauty of the nature of her work.
I think the general point amongst the excluded folk is that their situations have rendered them completely excluded from help and/or excluded from being able to work and earn ANYTHING.

I appreciate everyone’s situations are slightly different but just going off what jack has LITERALLY TOLD US, she is still able to earn a wage and stay afloat, so i would certainly not put her in the category she is trying to claim solidarity with.

Edited to add:
A family member of mine in is part of “excludedUK” as she went self employed just before the pandemic kicked off, works in the hair and beauty industry so has not been able to earn anything or claim any help when the salons etc have been closed.
I know there are different situations, but that’s what my understanding of what excludedUK is, not just someone who is doing slightly less tit cooking than usual 🥴
Could Jack tell us how many people who are on legacy benefits like income support ect did not receive the £20 a week rise that those on universal credit ? Already they have missed out on around a grand ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 25
Now I know that the 'crying' photo is a performance the most upsetting thing I find about it is imagining that itchy wool from the jumper around my neck.
I'd have clawed it raw.
I choose clothes by feel.
That would have to be the softest of soft wool. Cashmere or something equally expensive!
Honestly surprised she hasn't knitted herself a jump out of softly soft soft soft scrambled egg and lentils or the softiest soft soft white soft bread.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.