Jack Monroe #127 No-spend year

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get a horrible feeling she is absolutely loving this tit. Makes her feel important.
Today has been a good day for her - inserting herself into Twitter spats (whilst pretending to be the voice of reason šŸ˜‚) and the prospect of St Jack of the Unholy Slop single handedly advising people what to do with a half sucked Opal Fruit and and packet of Wotsits.
When I had a feral toddler of my own (and bloody hell, I miss those days), the usual method of dealing with those was to squish them into my hands with a dressing of dribble whilst she pelted off to ascend the tallest, scariest looking slide populated by the tallest, scariest looking lads sitting on the top of it with their cans of cheap lager. They always helped her, even when she informed them she was three years old and perfectly big enough to do it without their help. (Yes, she did really talk like that - I blame my reading her everything AA Milne did, as I'd grabbed a box set for Ā£2 from the charity shop which, along with a decrepit copy of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass that used to be my sister's and my High School prize for literature (a book of animal verse) and Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats, seemed to turn me into a reincarnation of my (terribly posh) Grandmother the moment I opened my mouth.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Big hugs to all of you who are affected by this new lockdown.

I have my bingo card ready for tomorrow:

View attachment 372031
ā€œGet to duckā€ šŸ¤£

Seriously though, thank gawd for the humour here. Jack acting like this is her moment, sheā€™s so busy, everyoneā€™s asking for her expert opinion, and barely hiding the fact that sheā€˜s loving this, is one of my least favourite Jacks.
Iā€™d call her a bleep but she lacks the warmth and depth.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
View attachment 372037
Coz you is so working class, innit?

(I donā€™t either. Overnights?)

One is compulsorily registered by Ofsted and you can claim help with childcare costs if you are poor whilst in their own home, the other one will have qualifications, but not required to have registration (it's an option), working in your home. Oh, and the former is a self employed person you sign a business contract with, the other is your employee that you sign an employment contract with. More or less. An Au Pair would make more sense for her, as there are definitely spare rooms and they're cheap. If she had the kid often enough, that would be.

• Wow
Reactions: 27
nannies work at your home / only look after your kid(s) and childminders work from their own home usually with multiple children? that would be my
guess?!

Does a 10 year old need a nanny or a childminder tho
I think sheā€™s just invented her friend to try to scaremonger, not that sheā€™s considering one for SB. The same with her sisters ā€œexamsā€ - trying to cover all possible routes of outrage.

Reactions: 35
Isnā€™t lockdown larder redundant if people can still get to the supermarket and most foods shouldnā€™t run out this time as theyā€™ll put limits on pasta etc to stop panic buying. Iā€™m not sure who lockdown larder is meant to help?

Reactions: 50
Isnā€™t lockdown larder redundant if people can still get to the supermarket and most foods shouldnā€™t run out this time as theyā€™ll put limits on pasta etc to stop panic buying. Iā€™m not sure who lockdown larder is meant to help?
It never helped anyone anyway.

I'm more upset by lockdown larder than actually lockdown at this stage. (The stage is post-wine).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
OH duck OFF YOU UTTER bleep!!!

She is seriously pissing me off

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Big hugs to all of you who are affected by this new lockdown.

I have my bingo card ready for tomorrow:

View attachment 372031
I feel like you will need extra Del monte bingo squares...... if they want to get their moneyā€™s worth they will set up a few alt accounts with various ā€œIā€™ve found a can of delmonte pineapple rings/ mandarin segments/ potatoes , what can I doā€

To which the reply will obviously be BUNG IT IN A CURRY

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.