Jack Monroe #127 No-spend year

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They are asking for suggestions already, talking to each other, and suggesting recipes. I am sure that this is not how its supposed to work. My favorite question so far - 'I've this tin of beans but no can opener'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
The irony is that it's people like Jack that's led to this lockdown. For someone who has made it her "niche" to work from home, she sure spends her time literally anywhere but there.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
I dislike her so very much tonight. More than ever. The two faced sanctimonious preaching liar.

How can she stand on her soapbox sofa when she's played her own part in breaking restrictions?

Arse

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
The irony is that it's people like Jack that's led to this lockdown. For someone who has made it her "niche" to work from home, she sure spends her time literally anywhere but there.
She didnt need to go and cook with Rashford or go to Edinburgh or do photoshoots. She could have either done them from home (BB must be capable of holding a camera even if she cant boil an egg) or gone without.

NB and not to be too detailed but I work in an essential role where I'm normally expected to travel around the UK and EU a few times a year. Technically the travel could have gone ahead but I chose to cancel it. Those meetings are now all online or by phone. Very easy and honestly preferable in most cases.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
Surely her childminder friend would know this more than someone who “rinses baked beans for a living”? My friend is a childminder and is so clued up on everything. I’d be concerned she’s asking Jack... who is then asking Twitter.

Edit: after seeing you fraus replies I’m guessing this isn’t an official childminder of sorts and Jack just wants to check someone can still look after her kid while she dino naps.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 87
I get a horrible feeling she is absolutely loving this tit. Makes her feel important.
Today has been a good day for her - inserting herself into Twitter spats (whilst pretending to be the voice of reason 😂) and the prospect of St Jack of the Unholy Slop single handedly advising people what to do with a half sucked Opal Fruit and and packet of Wotsits.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
Sorry, I hope I’m not derailing but she’s mentioned her sibling (tenuous link incoming)

It’s bothered me for a long time that as foster carers, her parents would of been privy to all the latest training on child development, behaviour strategies, how real adhd and spectrum disorders are. How not to label behaviour as just naughty but look at the reasons / difficulties a child was having socially / academically and so on.

But she states that they found out she was autistic or was it she had adhd as a child but her foster caring trained parents dismissed it out of hand. No follow up, no falling back on the ongoing training to help their own biological child. It just doesn’t ring true or if it does then as foster carers you could assume that they could have failed in their duty of care to support vulnerable children coming into their home.

I’m sorry if it’s spectacularly off track but it’s been niggling me for ages and these threads tend to move at pace. I’ve read a lot of fostering memoirs and they’ve always accessed and jumped through hoops to support the children they’ve cared for that I find it impossible to believe her parents as foster carers wouldn’t of done the same for jack (their biological child)
I agree with your points. The problem is that JM lies about everything and is very good at being vague and twisting her story.

Reactions: 34
Being called a bean rinser has annoyed her, hasn’t it.
I think that was an extremely well placed and deserved jab to the plexus at the time that She Left.

Pity She didn't hold on to that rage in the face of the hoovering, I'm-So-Ickle-And-Fragile-Look-At-My-Really-Not-Facetuned-To-duck-Photos and suchlike. But it often takes a number of attempts to leave when somebody is being coerced and manipulated.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Big hugs to all of you who are affected by this new lockdown.

I have my bingo card ready for tomorrow:

20210104_215605.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 133
Laura Waddell deactivates her SM accounts every weekend.
You mean that she actually prioritises her partner, children and extended family over living on SM? Wow, that concept must be mind-blowing for Jack

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.