Jack Monroe #126 Dangling her fl*ps over a Cotswold sideboard like none of it matters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s the Go Henry account that costs equivalent of two packets of butter £2.99 a month. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I know there’s no point applying logic at this point but she’d be better off googling mindful consumption & trying to gain some ground in recovery (which will help prevent other ways of “acting out” eg hoarding) than attempting a ridiculous no spend year.

How can someone just buy so much tit with no consideration for where it fits in their life / the product’s lifecycle? I can’t believe it’s all tat that she couldn’t donate or eBay rather than chuck in the skip?

Tbh I’m still in shock anyone would require a skip if they weren’t doing serious building work...

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I always wondered if she was annoyed that she didn’t have the “Oranges are not the Only Fruit” upbringing and from the sounds of it she’s managed to achieve it via a grandmother. Interesting.
Yes a year of no spend, reasons unclear, cue moaning about not being able to buy this or that. If challenged on her earnings she can say it’s not poverty it’s eco/for a book/whatever and so, needless to say, she will have the last laugh.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
I have tried to listen to that podcast, it just comes over as fantasy. It just doesn't appear to be a believable representation of the real life Jack had at the time. The Grandma appears to be living in the 1940's, Jack seems to be a 50 year old living in a 20 something body, and all the other characters seem to be props to prove what a wonderful person Jack truly is. Nothing sounds as if it is even loosely based in truth. Her portrayal of everyone in that podcast is just so cliched, everyone conforming to a stereotype not seen outside a 60's kitchen sink drama.

It is like Jack wants to portray her life as someone born in the 1960's when having a baby out of wedlock was the worst thing that could happen to a woman. In fact, the "drama documentary" of Jack's life sounds more like Cathy Come Home, or A Taste of Honey. Don't forget, this played out in 2010, Gay characters were everywhere on TV, even in soap operas, tattoos were de rigour. There was even a trans character in Corry for goodness sake.

Yes there was, and still is, prejudice, that will never change. However the way Jack paints the picture, everyone was against her. It just doesn't ring true, like most things in her life.

ETA, during my younger years, assisting on the phone lines at CHE (campaign for homosexual equality in the 60's and 70's) I heard terrible stories of how families reacted when told they were gay. Real true stories of abuse, disowning, attempts at curing them. You could tell that these stories were true, it has given me the ability to sniff out imposters, when someone was saying things just to "fit in". My senses sniffed Jack out years ago.
After forensic triple testing my theory I am close to coming to the conclusion that the only reality is the fantasy when it comes to JM. And people must see this but while we would run a mile in real life encountering a person like her (I have with others), people who are close relatives or have romantically been sucked in somehow have accepted that she is like that and that it can't be changed. And they have made a decision to not cut ties. This really is the only explanation I have got.

I also had to giggle reading your review.

Reactions: 22
If Heinz beans were paying her it would be a very different story. Non branded beans. Fucks sake.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I know there’s no point applying logic at this point but she’d be better off googling mindful consumption & trying to gain some ground in recovery (which will help prevent other ways of “acting out” eg hoarding) than attempting a ridiculous no spend year.

How can someone just buy so much tit with no consideration for where it fits in their life / the product’s lifecycle? I can’t believe it’s all tat that she couldn’t donate or eBay rather than chuck in the skip?

Tbh I’m still in shock anyone would require a skip if they weren’t doing serious building work...
We had our skip to clear out the (RENTED) house 😂 5 years of stuff to clear out. Im not a hoarder, but my mum & oh are so we end up storing things or keeping stuff 'just incase' 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Tin opener Jack is almost as bad as tanks Jack :sleep:

Also - my eyes just rolled out of my head at this

Screenshot 2021-01-03 at 3.57.31 pm.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 89
Who are these "people" she refers to? The blue ticker people she is used to cosying up to at the Groucho? I mix with all types of people, from all classes and all backgrounds and all ages, not one would be surprised that some cans don't have ring pulls.
I was always pleasantly surprised to find a ring pull on a can. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 37
And I’ve caught up. Finally!!

Jack is a knob end, you lot are wonderful, and I thank you for getting me through the last few crappy days. The CONVID-19 stuff has been particularly great.

I look forward to all the chaos we’re in for over the next (no spend) year.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I can't believe the amount of tweets she deletes . Confession time , I posted on another thread and re reading it it does come across judgy and bit of a arse to be honest . I did apologize for how I came across think was bit overwhelmed and overemotional with everything .I think most people post stuff and then gave a cringe after I was pretty vague in my post whereas if I had been more event specific I wouldn't have upset people ☹
Was it about those Counting Crows?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.