Jack Monroe #126 Dangling her fl*ps over a Cotswold sideboard like none of it matters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Modern budget cooking is googling budget recipes, watching budget influencers who know their tit like Miguel Barclay and rinsing BBC Good Food... in order to make filling, nutritious and edible looking food.

Rinsing baked beans and grating corned beef it ain't...

• Haha
Reactions: 26
#You're the light, you're the light when close my eyes...I'm colourbliiiiinnnd#

Thanks fruas. Now having to explain why on earth I'm singing Darius Danesh 😬 Wasn't even aware that I knew the words. But yes, there they all are taking up valuable brain space.
Still disappointed Darius wasn’t the tall man she was wearing the 6” heels and dancing around with 😤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
She had NO-VID.
Next thread title!

I was sure the tattoos were all pre-poverty/child. I’m sure that’s what the story was that she had a good income and was working and that’s what she spent her money on.
so she made some money post ‘poverty’ and spent it on them rather than better accommodation.
I actually dislike them. I’m not a tattoo fan, I see the odd one I like and works. I think hers are very heavy and don’t suit her frame at all. I wonder if she’s had them put on very quickly.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Next thread title!

I was sure the tattoos were all pre-poverty/child. I’m sure that’s what the story was that she had a good income and was working and that’s what she spent her money on.
so she made some money post ‘poverty’ and spent it on them rather than better accommodation.
I actually dislike them. I’m not a tattoo fan, I see the odd one I like and works. I think hers are very heavy and don’t suit her frame at all. I wonder if she’s had them put on very quickly.
She has real problems with impulse control so I imagine she went to the first place she found that could/would do it right then when she had the idea for them. I love tattoos generally but hers don’t look particularly well done or like there’s been any real thought out in on placement.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Tattoos are such a personal thing. For me, I want 'art' inked onto me.
Those of hers I can see, I wouldn't want under a magnet on my fridge.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Just read that blind date and tbh it read exactly like a JM story. Thanks the guardian, I hated it 😂 will wait & see if this guyliner provides entertainment via a biting takedown (edit for clarity - the fact it was blatantly exaggerated/fake and done in an attempt to make up a 'quirky' adventure was why I hated it. Have now read 'knickers at a house party' one and agree that one is fab they both sound so fun!)

I love that the list hasn't raised any eyebrows or commentary from your dad 😂 presumably was just like "wow kachoochoo has a lot to do this month" and didn't even ponder what 50 shades of beige was

Alternative theory: Kachoocho's dad is on a grunka from thread 1, he'll be a Herr by next January 😂

ETA: thanks for the shining gif (if only she had her black eye we'd call it "the shiner") @Alansbigplate I'll never sleep again 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
I don't understand a lot of the tattoo talk. I like having tattoos done and no doubt people may think that my big lotus flowers on my lower back with my girls' initials, daft ladybird on my arse, line of names on my inner arm and left arm cuff and lacy sleeve aren't edgy, alternative or original. They are just my tattoos, I don't need to justify or explain them or why I had them done. I think that Jack's are a bit messy but nothing more.
I don't think anyone here is against tattoos or thinks they need to be some special artistic statement. I like them! I don't even think Jack's are bad, although there's the vibe that she wanted the look of being tattooed, rather than the tattoos themselves. It's just they contradict her pov cosplay, acting like she had to flog used light bulbs and little dinosaur toys, while sporting tatts that must have cost thousands. Although I may have been wrong about the timeline, and she got at least some of them after The Poverty.

Reactions: 23
Jack the world has forgotten you had serious long covid for 2 weeks, it’s safe to come back and give us chaos, we miss you hun 😭

Wondering if we’ll get more crappy tweets about Louisa Compton (head of ch4 news) in the early hours now she’s passively aggressively liking tweets about exes
So has SHE LEFT again?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Long Covid was THEN this week is NOW
There is an annoying theme with poor people who have expensive things (including children) that they fail to “take responsibility” for their choices but it’s really just a way to be smug, superior and punch down. “Shouldn’t have kids if you can’t afford them!” or “could have bought a house with what you spent on booze/fags/tattoos/ avocado toast”. Weirdly this is one type of argument where Jack’s “that was then, this is NOW” is useful. Things change. Hindsight is 2020. Society is still basically Victorian in its values and the poor must just be stupid or morally bankrupt because that’s what makes them different and things must stay that way otherwise we could all end up as poors 😱
thank you for attending my TED talk
🥕

• Heart
Reactions: 54
You’re a liar dear heart, whomst amongst us couldn’t resist another sponsored slop fest? A John Lewis triangulation moment? Another Nike dino clomper with wall climbing suction pads? Another train related drama?

... a detailed history of British tanks? James Bond thereom? More pics of the same bleeping cat? Maybe you’ve got a point 😉😂

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Only when he's at his Dad's, which tbf is most of the time. When he's with Jack she makes him eat bollocky sausages with zero goodness in them. Very few veggies/fruit. Lots of low welfare chicken. All blended into slop. Oh, and of course, pesto made from gone-off salad.

The cat on the other hand is not included in the budget nonsense and is fed quite high quality cat food.
Again, I am ,maybe naively, hoping that this is not the full picture but then, if she fed him really good food she would show it off, wouldn't she? Whatever she does, giving him good food or pretending to have him eat bad ingredient slop, both is bad, although I would prefer the latter for his sake.

Reactions: 14
There is an annoying theme with poor people who have expensive things (including children) that they fail to “take responsibility” for their choices but it’s really just a way to be smug, superior and punch down. “Shouldn’t have kids if you can’t afford them!” or “could have bought a house with what you spent on booze/fags/tattoos/ avocado toast”. Weirdly this is one type of argument where Jack’s “that was then, this is NOW” is useful. Things change. Hindsight is 2020. Society is still basically Victorian in its values and the poor must just be stupid or morally bankrupt because that’s what makes them different and things must stay that way otherwise we could all end up as poors 😱
🥕
No one's saying that Jack didn't deserve tattoos because she was poor. I'm saying that she wasn't actually poor, and the expensive tattoos are a small piece of circumstantial evidence of that.

Reactions: 15
🥕
see that’s what I thought it was. I thought the tattoos were pre ‘the poverty’ on the fire service wage, so she would go on about how she couldn’t sell them. I’m almost sure she has used that as a comeback to people saying to she shouldn’t have them when she has ‘the poverty’ (I’m always calling it that now).
but it wasn’t. It was after....

weird....

Reactions: 13
She seems to have some tattoos before The Poverty and some after 🤷🏼‍♀️
I’m more annoyed about the obvious lip filler or the sleeper train to Dishoom (Edinburgh branch) during the time that 350+ paternoster🥕 patreons are sending monthly payments and some poor squiggles on benefits are sending her £20 from the winter fuel allowance or posting her shopping trolleys

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.