Jack Monroe #123 CAROLE MALONE IS AWAY

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was just wondering the other day if people still use those microfiche (?) things like in the movies 🤔
Library frau here! We still receive microfiches for certain publications, and do have an archive of a lot of older papers but they are a nightmare because the microfiche reader is always blowing a bulb.

Very..."Inspector Morse". Or in Jack's case:. Inspector Horse (spunk).

Oh those were the days....the heady days of jizzagne

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Sounds like some drunk lady manhandled her at the park

I had a drunk lady fall on top of me on a coach once.

Need to write my childhood trauma novel surrounding it.
My son and I were ambushed by a very drunk OAP on a bus on a lads jolly. The only reason we are not traumatised for life was his friends entirely reasonable apology- don't worry about him he's from Lancashire. Obviously this apology only makes sense in God's own county

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Thanks so much for the support everyone, it made me feel a lot better. I’ve got my son home and he doesn’t even seem to realise there was an issue which is great. Things had been building for a while and he was insisting on taking him for a family Christmas lunch he previously said didn’t matter. I ended up changing my family’s plans for this and invited him in before they left and gave him and his older daughter Christmas gifts only to be texted later that afternoon how much he hates me and I wouldn’t be getting my son back the next day like we had arranged. Sorry I can’t seem to do a spoiler off topic thingy on my phone!! He has my son quite a bit but has never taken any responsibility for school, activities, friends, medical, but is very demanding about his “rights as a father”. We also have a younger child which makes it even more stressful. I know it will be extremely difficult but I will need to start formal arrangements to cover myself if something like this happens again and set clear boundaries. Sorry for rambling and thanks again for the support.
Anyway I really for the life of me can’t understand the Jack/Louisa thing. Any fraus with an interest in psychoanalysis? We know Jack has extreme parental issues but why would a successful news producer put her career at risk and look the other way in the face of so many obvious, dangerous lies?
I’m doing an MSc in Psychology and have no idea either. It’s definitely not rational behaviour.

Reactions: 35
I was just wondering the other day if people still use those microfiche (?) things like in the movies 🤔
Some places still have them, but it's quite rare to need them as it's usually old, old stuff that hasn't been scanned in yet. Also, they are such a pain to use. They are tempramental and overheat a lot, and despite the fact they're supposed to last for decades, the quality was usually rubbish. But I still liked using them, as I felt like an old-fashioned private investigator.

Reactions: 25
Her mother posted this two years ago under a story describing how a woman grabbed a girl's arm in a playground and shouted at the girl's mum that the girl was her daughter.

View attachment 361556

It's hardly kidnapped and bundled into a dirty white van under the pretext of seeing some puppies, is it?

Horrible for her mother, yes, but nothing remotely like what she was alluding to.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Yes, I'm sure it's really scary for her mum, but JM presumably can't even remember it. A friend had a similar creepy experience with her son when he was 3. He doesn't remember at all because the adult involved was nice to him and just wanted to 'show him some puppies'. No trauma because from the child's perspective nothing happened.
Harry, I’m in awe of your detective skills! It does sound scary for her mum, but I think the only way it would be scary for her is if her mum is similarly given to drama and has repeated it relentlessly ever since.

Maybe triangulating but I had a friend who was terrified of water because her mum constantly repeated a story of how she’d “nearly drowned” at 2/3ish, which she didn’t remember - only to later find out from an aunt that had also been there that she’d tripped in some tiny incoming waves and no near drowning occurred.

However as it’s Jack, I’m certain we’d have heard about it before if that was the case.

• Wow
Reactions: 32
Her 'post-viral fatigue' is her golden ticket to ensure she doesn't have to fulfil Patreon subscriptions either.
And when the complaints eventually start coming thick and fast she’ll claim victimhood and try to make the complainants feel bad.

• Angry
Reactions: 35
Read the room, thousands of people are no longer able to do their jobs because they have no jobs now!!

And I thought the thread took a turn yesterday!

Again, surprised the abduction wouldn't have had an effect on the fostering. Surprised it hasn't been mentioned already.

Fuming at her absolute bullshit timeline/long covid/three weeks/wagon trainers/photoshoots etc.

Anyway, in more amusing news when Mr IW read the dream tweet out our 6 year old asked what we were talking about. We answered, "Oh, just that woman again who annoys mummy and daddy".

And 6yo said..

"Oh, the one who acts like a child by writing everything she got for Christmas down? Who even does that? Why is she behaving like a child? Even I didn't write a list of what I got and I am a child".

(This sounds absolutely made up but I swear my child said those exact words!!)
Sorry Incy. I don’t believe you. Small children don’t speak like that. Now if you had said “oh mother, father the one who is terribly vexing? Golly gosh what utter larks. I shall retire to my rumpus room” it would’ve been more believable.

• Haha
Reactions: 64
Sorry Incy. I don’t believe you. Small children don’t speak like that. Now if you had said “oh mother, father the one who is terribly vexing? Golly gosh what utter larks. I shall retire to my rumpus room” it would’ve been more believable.
“before I retire, may I just have one more of your lard coated pilchards, Mama? They’re the best ever”

• Haha
Reactions: 67
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.