Jack Monroe #122 You don’t batch tweet when you’ve got a 106 fever

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is there any point in peeling potatoes if you’re going to pulverise the lot anyway? The skin could be the metaphorical chocolate chip in the slop...

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Maybe I am alone here but if I was ill there is no way my family would be getting Christmas dinner made by me. If I absolutely had to cook (ie there were no other adults within a hundred miles radius and no restaurants doing deliveries) it would be fresh fish from the delivery that's just been received, and it would be simple and lovely. I know she's lying but I can't stand people who martyr themselves like this and then blame everyone else.

ETA: she's obviously fine so she needs to STFU and stop the cringey performative martyrdom.
Exactly. Nothing worse than someone who volunteers to do something then starts passive-aggressively moaning about the hardship. Plus, you just know her loathsome narc self would throw an almighty tantrum if anyone else tried to step into her role of "the cook" and she'd be the sous-chef from hell, criticising their efforts every step of the way. If I was BB I'd tell her to duck herself and order myself a takeaway tomorrow.

If she really is feeling the effects of the "alleged" Covid and doesn't feel up to doing a full Christmas dinner, maybe she would have been better reserving her energy over the past couple of days instead of pointless trifle making and fish arranging.

Reactions: 34
I just have the mental pic of her stood over him, while he’s doing a perfectly fine job peeling, criticising his every move and complaining he’s not doing it in a way to conducive to photographs... until he tells her to F off and peel her own potatoes.
Don't forget that in the very, very near future, if somebody says they've cancelled Christmas and called him bleeping incompetent/so bloody useless and why does she always have to do all the work with no gratitude, a surly youth will respond with 'Great. I've texted Dad and he's on his way to pick me up. I'll have Christmas there.'

It's a bleeping dangerous game when there is another parent involved and impending puberty.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I know we’ve moved on but I had to get off my chest (*again*) how much she annoys me with the alcoholism chat. I’m grateful that I’ve been sober for a wee while now but I’m still an alcoholic, just one who is in recovery/non-practicing. I don’t think she realises how her words can be perceived - to me by saying she’s an “ex-alcoholic” gives off the impression she is cured, and she certainly isn’t if she relapsed a few months ago.

I know this is quite a contentious subject but I feel I can speak about it because she has volunteered before she’s in AA, therefore I think it allows others to counter that.

It’s a tough time of year for many, many people and a lot of alcoholics struggle - not always wanting to drink but emotionally. I just wish she would use her platform to support, encourage and keep people on the right road. Sadly, if it doesn’t benefit her then she’s not interested.

• Heart
Reactions: 82
disingenuous little cnut.

View attachment 359025
Well why ask if others have? She was clearly thinking it even if she hadn't actually threatened canceling Christmas.

This is a perfect example of how she is clever with words, always implying, never being explicit. She is like a surly teenager trying to outwit a parent.

She is a thoroughly dislikeable person. No wonder there is no evidence of real life friends and her relationships fail.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
View attachment 359041
So 49m ago when squiggle agrees with her she definitely implies those words have exited her face hole, but 12m later when a different squiggle disagrees she hasn't actually done it.

Someone has changed their tune.

1608837881020.png

At least Kirsty is capturing the spirit of Christmas that any Mother of a young child would naturally have. Happy Christmas, Kirst - looking forward to 2021.

1608838083487.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
I think what's made me chuckle today, apart from Jack's near miraculous recovery from COVID (including the fact she can taste) is the roast potatoes discussion.

She's parboiled them today and is letting them go cold overnight before roasting g tomorrow. I know a lot of people do this BUT ....it's also the instructions OF THAT MAN when roasting potatoes. I'm following it and mine are ready to go tomorrow.

Thanks Jamie.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
My littlest daughter asked Father Christmas for a ham once, it was the only thing she asked for. We got her one of those Spanish ones and we ate it for weeks. She a vegetarian now and would like a vape (she’s not getting a vape because she is 12).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 89
Someone has changed their tune.

View attachment 359087

At least Kirsty is capturing the spirit of Christmas that any Mother of a young child would naturally have. Happy Christmas, Kirst - looking forward to 2021.

View attachment 359092
All my friends with young children are sharing NORAD tracking. My son is 18 now but I so remember the magic of "tracking Father Christmas" when he was small. I loved it all.

Sadly he's now 18, hates washing and has no magic belief in Christmas.
Told him earlier today that if he didn't have a bath then Father Christmas wouldn't come to him as he doesn't like smelly teenagers. Got a right earthy response to that too lol.

Thankfully I love him so he's okay...and yes...he did have a bath 😁😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Anyone ever done a murder and had terrible trouble with the dismembering and burial?

I DIDN’T SAY I’D DONE IT, just curious!

• Haha
Reactions: 107
Evening all. Tonight I made Delia’s French Onion Soup, my first time making it. I did think about substituting the butter for lard and the olive oil for ghee, onions for parsnips or carrots and the stock for bin juice but as it’s Christmas Eve, I thought I’d stick to the recipe.
She’s being gruesome. That poor kid. Can she not just be nice and warm and a comfort with a looming lockdown? Can’t remember where we are with schools being delayed going back but tit is getting real again. You don’t make a trifle and bleeping spray it gold if you’re recovering from an illness.
Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow. Be it alone or with family or friends. What a year. You’ve made it. You’ve survived.

Edit: 🥕

07B291F1-67AC-4991-B8E8-F9BBC0C4C0EF.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 79
Evening all. Tonight I made Delia’s French Onion Soup, my first time making it. I did think about substituting the butter for lard and the olive oil for ghee, onions for parsnips or carrots and the stock for bin juice but as it’s Christmas Eve, I thought I’d stick to the recipe.
She’s being gruesome. That poor kid. Can she not just be nice and warm and a comfort with a looming lockdown? Can’t remember where we are with schools being delayed going back but tit is getting real again. You don’t make a trifle and bleeping spray it gold if you’re recovering from an illness.
Hope everyone has a god day tomorrow. Be it alone or with family or friends. What a year. You’ve made it. You’ve survived.

View attachment 359119
Onion soup is my absolute fave, but my IBS says otherwise 🥺😂😓

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.