Jack Monroe #122 You don’t batch tweet when you’ve got a 106 fever

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry was just looking through search, if I click the tweet and read replies there’s a lot more. It’s split pretty cleanly between those calling it out & those who are celebrating our top impoverished urchin getting more work...

View attachment 360941

View attachment 360942

View attachment 360943

View attachment 360944
I wonder if she’ll respond, knowing that they’re right and she’s a know it all fraud who spouts utter shite to line her own pockets.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
The Times and The Express. Wow, conversations around the table in the Bungalow must be really self-congratulatory at the moment.
I read the Times article and was left with the impression that L was living by herself. It’s not stated but I felt that was the implication. Has anyone else read it?

I read the Times article and was left with the impression that L was living by herself. It’s not stated but I felt that was the implication. Has anyone else read it?
Could she also be lying? Knowing that if she did say that she had been staying half the week in Southend that it wouldn't gain her any sympathy.

Reactions: 28
I read her account on Twitter and got the impression she was on her own , who knows. As said above , maybe she’s been keeping 🤷‍♀️ her living arrangements private.

Reactions: 22
I read her account on Twitter and got the impression she was on her own , who knows. As said above , maybe she’s been keeping 🤷‍♀️ her living arrangements private.
The "article" is just her quotes with the "writer" adding in the completely unfounded speculation that she had the new variant and implying that this is why it was so bad. Dangerous and irresponsible, but nothing to do with what Louisa actually tweeted.

Louisa didn't say in her tweets where she lives and whether she lives alone or not. I think that's fine. Its ultimately no ones business.

She can also have worked from home since march. You are allowed to move home, I dont think working from home means working from exactly the same home.

One thing is clear though, her timeline throws Jack's timeline into question. If they do live together (and it seems as though they do) then Jack would have gone to the newsagents while Louisa was symptomatic and that is 100% against the rules.

• Wow
Reactions: 62
But if L was living alone who was she calling to from the bath? Who was she protesting to about calling an ambulance?

Edit: possibly read that wrong, she may have made a telephone call to the emergency services

Attachments

Reactions: 21
This is somewhat off-topic, I know, but I can't get over just how many people who work in the actual news just carelessly spread lies and rumours. This tweet, by the communications person at Channel 4, is spreading fake news about the new strain. Don't they have any basic fact checking sense or training? It's bizarre to me.

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 09.11.07.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 09.11.17.png

Anyway, Louisa's going to get a lot of attention from this (which she definitely shouldn't welcome - news people should never *become* the news, it's always bad).

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
I don't even understand what they're talking about.
- We're all so, so special in ways that you wouldn't understand and today we're focusing on what we imagine autism to be like as a means to distinguish ourselves and satisfy our massive, out of control egos. (paraphrasing)

This is somewhat off-topic, I know, but I can't get over just how many people who work in the actual news just carelessly spread lies and rumours. This tweet, by the communications person at Channel 4, is just spreading fake news about the new strain. Don't they have any basic fact checking sense or training? It's bizarre to me.

View attachment 360968

View attachment 360967
Anyway, Louisa's going to get a lot of attention from this (which she definitely shouldn't welcome - news people should never *become* the news, it's always bad).
Man, this is bang on the money and it's infuriating that they do it and get away with it. What the duck happened to integrity in journalism?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I follow a food historian on Instagram and she has just posted her breakfast which was a flambéed mincemeat omelet.

Thinking about this will take our collective minds off #expressgate #whendidcovidactuallybegingate #catinaboxgate and #coldchipgate

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
This is somewhat off-topic, I know, but I can't get over just how many people who work in the actual news just carelessly spread lies and rumours. This tweet, by the communications person at Channel 4, is spreading fake news about the new strain. Don't they have any basic fact checking sense or training? It's bizarre to me.

View attachment 360968

View attachment 360967
It's genuinely so worrying. People who should be trained in critical thinking doing the exact opposite.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Wild that Jack can tell on herself all day long and the squiggles still only have the mildest glimmer of suspicion. The entire basis of her libel case against Hopkins was that she was sO mOrTiFiEd at the implication that she might not be willing to kill foreign civilians for Queen and Country because there is a grand tradition of her family doing the very same. Why the duck wouldn’t she be a monarchist? They’re just so stupid: I don’t know how these people dress themselves or function in everyday society tbh.

Surprised that Louisa has given that article the go-ahead, or is she fair game in her position? It’s been blindingly obvious to all that she’s living with Jack and her Dazzling Bubbles of Many Overlaps. It looks pretty irresponsible to me, although I guess they’re both grown adults who’ve made a decision. Not a strictly legal one but whatevs.

Reactions: 59
Sorry, but what happened to the battered sausage? Did the free delivery of splendid fish suddenly slap her in the memory bank?
A6C76A1F-0F04-4F22-AD83-A9EA4AD6A9A1.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Still baffles me that Jack plays impoverished urchin despite being in a relationship with the head of channel 4 news..... And before that a millionaire chef......

This is ofc ignoring her middle class upbringing.

Poverty cosplay at best.

Definitely another Cash Carroway...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
If I was Louisa, what I'd do now is post a tweet saying something along the lines of: 'I never said it was the new variant and I have no evidence that it was. I just thought a description of my own symptoms might help others.' Though if she did that, she's be putting the journalist who wrote it and the C4 comms person in the tit somewhat, and we know how closed that whole circle is.

Reactions: 50
Wild that Jack can tell on herself all day long and the squiggles still only have the mildest glimmer of suspicion. The entire basis of her libel case against Hopkins was that she was sO mOrTiFiEd at the implication that she might not be willing to kill foreign civilians for Queen and Country because there is a grand tradition of her family doing the very same. Why the duck wouldn’t she be a monarchist? They’re just so stupid: I don’t know how these people dress themselves or function in everyday society tbh.

Surprised that Louisa has given that article the go-ahead, or is she fair game in her position? It’s been blindingly obvious to all that she’s living with Jack and her Dazzling Bubbles of Many Overlaps. It looks pretty irresponsible to me, although I guess they’re both grown adults who’ve made a decision. Not a strictly legal one but whatevs.
Louisa's approval would not have been required. anything on social media is in the public domain and can be 'reported on' freely.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.