Jack Monroe #122 You don’t batch tweet when you’ve got a 106 fever

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
7A2D5F27-C174-4E29-9051-25379A651D74.jpeg

G’day fraus and late merry(space)Christmas! I’m having a pretty tit time at the moment with a bad sinus infection that is taking forever to clear up and my sons father being very nasty and keeping him much longer than we agreed over Christmas, which is incredibly stressful.
Best wishes to you from the other side of the world. Mr Waffle Maker was a social worker for years and Christmas was the worst time for people being dicks. Hang in there and document everything.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
C54D387E-6087-4DCF-8B7D-0344F8BC30FF.jpeg

Finally found the mental strength to read through the articles. Someone upthread mentioned she possibly hadn’t written it. The clues that she didn’t are right there. Thankyou.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
The chips x covid situation goes to show absolutely no one is reading everything and putting it together. She’s not even shut up about having covid as she goes out to a chip shop? Even if she made up covid she’s been exposed to Louisa who she’s telling us is currently living there?

Also I know she lives in a posh area and Essex is quite white so her chip shop is probably a duchy organics franchise but I’ve not been in a chip shop that’s not Turkish owned / ran in years, so she’s likely exposed high risk BAME people to covid too? Unsurprising from her really.

Reactions: 45
G’day fraus and late merry(space)Christmas! I’m having a pretty tit time at the moment with a bad sinus infection that is taking forever to clear up and my sons father being very nasty and keeping him much longer than we agreed over Christmas, which is incredibly stressful. I just hope my son doesn’t realise what’s going on and I will try to play it down when I get him back but now I’m very worried about the future and not wanting this sort of thing to happen again but also not wanting to escalate things. It’s so nice to be able to have a read here and forget about it for a bit and Jack is not letting us down with the material. I HOOTED when I saw her tweet of the article. Royals ✅ that man ✅ staying home and clean ✅😬 I think Jack might be flying a bit close to the sun with her “‘rona” attention seeking because either she’s lying about having it, or lying about a lot of other things, or she is wilfully putting people at risk. Hopefully some journalists will be asking some serious questions on that front
That sounds really rough. Hope you manage to hang in there and that your son comes home soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
All these squiggles who think she's in the business of converting Express readers.

Express readers: I always thought Her Maj was a bad sort who killed Our Di. But that Jack Monroe's made me realise she's a decent old bird. God save the queen!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
For "a year in the shadow of Covid" - She would insert she was laid up with the Rona for 2 weeks.
View attachment 360916
Finally found the mental strength to read through the articles. Someone upthread mentioned she possibly hadn’t written it. The clues that she didn’t are right there. Thankyou.
I think you're right - dont think I've ever seen the much text without Me Me Me

• Haha
Reactions: 27
A few bullying ninnies in her @s, clearly don’t realise how difficult it is to maintain a >£100k p/a salary nor the seriousness of a limited time only Cotswolds sale

5C9DB237-B05C-4662-A3B8-C1620F4AE632.jpeg

B9F24463-863E-485D-B656-39B3C3089CCC.jpeg

4EE15039-A997-4505-BAD9-5941F8EF4A78.jpeg

For Google / future archive searching lol - Jack Monroe The Express Column

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
Louisa Compton in the Sunday Times this morning. She doesn’t know where she caught Covid because she’s been ‘WFH’ full time since March apparently.

I was going to make some suggestions in the comments but decided against it!
I’m positive Jack had it FAR worse than her BB ... how could she not??

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Sorry was just looking through search, if I click the tweet and read replies there’s a lot more. It’s split pretty cleanly between those calling it out & those who are celebrating our top impoverished urchin getting more work...

22B35FA5-0E53-41D1-B03D-E91FDC5B39D7.jpeg

5CCEDEA4-49DB-41DE-9F2C-CB9752E86E4A.jpeg

AB047E6C-BD6D-4B89-BF0A-1694FA88E863.jpeg

48BC9B87-0840-4B67-80B0-8E566E879645.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Yesterday was the first time she lost followers in ages.

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 08.34.33.png

Louisa Compton in the Sunday Times this morning. She doesn’t know where she caught Covid because she’s been ‘WFH’ full time since March apparently.

How do they know it's the new variant? I don't think Louisa even suggested that in her tweets?

• Wow
Reactions: 38
The Times and The Express. Wow, conversations around the table in the Bungalow must be really self-congratulatory at the moment.

• Haha
Reactions: 41

Agreed with Veronica, it’s irresponsible to say it’s the new variant unless she’s been tested, surely? One of my neighbours is the head of nursing (or whatever the official title is) for a big London trust & I went round yesterday to collect something (for the baby, socially distanced, both wearing masks) and she said the new variant actually presents as a milder form of covid, however it has worse long term effects. Obviously this is anecdotal and I could be making it up, but I’m going to guess that’s more accurate than an assumption...?

Reactions: 39
Here's the article, for anyone who can't get in because of the paywall. It's just ripped off her twitter, though I guess I'd like to draw attention to this paragraph for future reference:
On day five the results of her Covid-19 test came back, confirming that she had the virus even though her only social interactions had been to meet friends outdoors in line with tier 2 rules. She had worked from home since joining Channel 4 in March.

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 08.40.47.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 08.40.56.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 08.41.19.png

• Wow
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.