Jack Monroe #121 Fahrenheit 106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
am not an alcoholic but I do like gin, what’s she got against gin? Way better than putting sherry in a trifle
The fact that it's got a bite to it, probably. Ironic, really, when it's the one spirit that, as long as you have Juniper in it, any spices will do.

Or the previous girlfriends didn't like it, so she couldn't - but the childish palate seems more likely to account for it.

I made an amazing dessert by freezing tinned peach slices, then blending them up, adding raspberries from the garden, couple of cherries and a diced strawberry per glass, yoghurt, edible flowers, baby mint leaves and a splash of good gin when still at the stage of impressing Mr D with my culinary skills

Just looking at the food delivery confirmation email right now. No red cabbage and the Gammon joint has been replaced by two gammon steaks. Never mind, we were hardly going to starve.

Reactions: 21
Those trifles don't serve 6, unless you don't like trifle

It is, its one is the earliest puddings recorded in English cookery. It can be many things. That's why she is so wrong

Reactions: 16
Just getting the new thread ready ... I really want to call it Ladyfingers ... but I won’t

Reactions: 44
Yes! I made this point revently, perhaps on this thread. Like what do you call a bread bun and do you put jam or cream first on a scone. BORE OFF.

Reactions: 28
He isn't there. Hopefully he's having a lovely time with his dad instead of energy sucking vampire.
Quoting myself as I was mid Grunka when I posted this. Anyway so hope he isn't there even though she likes to pretend he is.

Reactions: 17
The big fancy ones are the traditional ones, her dad's is a 70s convenience abomination

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.