Jack Monroe #120 Jack and trace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
.... and the brambly mice declared them the best ever!
I doubt the even the fox would eat those! Probably the only person to eat those without requiring extensive dental treatment, is jaws from bond films

Jack’s showing off her forensic knowledge of how newspaper publishing works - completely oblivious to the fact Mel Donte paid a small fortune to have their tinned grapefruit advertised amongst all the crap and she’s just a bi product of that.

View attachment 353729
Well she’s wrong again, as in branded goods Waitrose price match, and they are cheaper than Sainsbury’s

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Some sensible people on Twitter I guess.

What really confuses me—if I was putting up a recipe for a book or paper...I would be doing so much review and testing. It’s like J has the opposite of imposter syndrome.
Quite. The opposite of low self esteem. She is convinced she’s some sort of maverick genius (despite the mass of evidence to the contrary) and has no self doubt at all. She’s always right and not even the most minor and kindly meant critique is to be tolerated. A true narc. It’s extraordinary. 😕
ETA: I blame those silly articles down the Groucho, overpraising her in a patronising manner which she’s not bright enough to pick up on. Look at the monster you’ve created.

Reactions: 35
It's annoying (but inevitable) that she 'has' Covid. Her nonsense has been such sweet relief from having to think about it all the bloody time.

Sending love to all my fellow Tier 4 friends. Especially those who are having to tackle the shops today because they were expecting to be fed elsewhere.

You're all doing very well - Avec courage ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Lestat would be overjoyed though.
I’d give it 36 hours tops before he’d be throwing himself into the nearest ray of sunlight.

ETA: Obviously, this assumes that he doesn’t wake until around 34 hours in.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Wonder what her temperature is today? No doubt she’ll tell us soon.

#thread title 121 suggestion: Jack Monroe Fahrenheit 106.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
I'll be alone for Christmas, not for the first time. I don't mind - no children in the family, so it's not such a special day anyway.

Our restrictions were just increased so we can't leave our comarca (equivalent of county probably) until the 11th of January. I haven't seen many of my closest friends since October because of the last set of restrictions, and haven't seen my mother at all this year. It's frustrating, but Catalan numbers have just shot up this week, and this is what we have to do.

And yet...the one thing that would make Christmas utterly unbearable is a Jack Monroe all-in-one tray. The thought of sitting alone in a Santa hat, staring down at lard-basted hole sausages? Nothankyou.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 66
Calling it ‘Rona makes my teeth itch.
Along with ‘lil , may I add.

My Dad had the virus , two weeks in hospital on oxygen and it was all very traumatic but he’s recovered and doing very well so I have a little second hand experience of how awful it can be.

I know everyone has different experiences of being sick with covid but the absolute crashing exhaustion seems to be present in most people who have had it and if Sicknote Monroe really was so very ill 🙄🙄🙄 she’d not be tweeting the bleeping bilge that she currently is.

If she could cast herself as a character in a film she’d be Tiny bleeping Tim , the sickest but most loved of all Christmas characters.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
I know this is the wrong thread, but I don’t want to jump on the F&D one to ask a question; only to disappear again, as I can’t keep track of both...

Can someone who makes fantastic Yorkies PLEASE give me their recipe? Everything I’ve tried turns out really really stodgy. Last attempt, weighing eggs and using same of flour and milk were like muffins (our foxes ate them, after a quick game of kicky-pudding). Mary Berry has so many eggs I know it will be a disaster. Jamie’s didn’t work either. Yes, I AM the common denominator.
Thankspaceyou.
If you google fat girl skinny slimming world Yorkshire puddings you’ll find a great recipe. The key is to let the batter sit for about 30 minutes in the fridge and get the muffin tin hot. I only started making them during lockdown and they’re so easy and taste much better.
There’s no way JM made those yorkshires the lying scamp

Reactions: 17
@PoorPatrol I’m going wildly off topic here with good cooking tips but how do you cook the Yorkies at such a high temperature when everything else needs to be done on a lower temp? Do you cook them separately and reheat?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
We should've known that JM's 'Christmas dinner' was a harbinger for Christmas being even more cancelled.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Along with ‘lil , may I add.

My Dad had the virus , two weeks in hospital on oxygen and it was all very traumatic but he’s recovered and doing very well so I have a little second hand experience of how awful it can be.

I know everyone has different experiences of being sick with covid but the absolute crashing exhaustion seems to be present in most people who have had it and if Sicknote Monroe really was so very ill 🙄🙄🙄 she’d not be tweeting the bleeping bilge that she currently is.

If she could cast herself as a character in a film she’d be Tiny bleeping Tim , the sickest but most loved of all Christmas characters.
Yes, everyone I know who has had covid has felt extremely, severely exhausted and achy. Too tired to furiously use their sausage fingers to type up scathing essays.

Glad your dad is better. That must have been so scary.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
@PoorPatrol I’m going wildly off topic here with good cooking tips but how do you cook the Yorkies at such a high temperature when everything else needs to be done on a lower temp? Do you cook them separately and reheat?
You can do that but we always seem to be ‘waiting for the Yorkies’ this household. Everything else done, turn up the oven for the Yorkshires.

Reactions: 14
Yes, everyone I know who has had covid has felt extremely, severely exhausted and achy. Too tired to furiously use their sausage fingers to type up scathing essays.

Glad your dad is better. That must have been so scary.
Thanks👍 he was ill In April and it was a very difficult time for him and a long recovery but all’s well now.

Jack’s such a self obsessed twit I have no sympathy even if she’s truly ill.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Isn't this from the USA?

I'm pedantic enough to stick to CV19 as flu and colds are also coronaviruses, as are MERS and SARS.
Not sure, but spoke to a mate in Australia very early on and he was calling it ‘the Rona’ in his big, bogan drawl - which made me laugh. It seems a very Ozzie thing to say..

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.