Jack Monroe #12 Eight thousand pages from her printer, this could take us through to winter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We could easily replace a cooking show, a gardening show, a DIY show (not that they exist anymore - let’s steal Kirsty’s craft slot) into one mega show. Sort ur life out with the haus fraus on channel 4?

FYI I expect at least £8k an episode now I’ve found out what the 8 out of 10 cats lot are on.
Good point! Our fees for appearing on this fabulous new all-in-one TV show should more than fund our legal fees and elaborate costumes.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
@Miss Anne Thrope I love watching Salt Fat Acid Heat, was thinking of it when everyone was talking about pesto, when she was in Italy watching a hardcore Italian mama making it beautifully.

Re jackfruit. Ffs. Right so yes jackfruit has been a huge part of Asian cooking since way before ‘we’ went over there and trampled all over everything. It tastes nothing like pork, BUT, will give the pulled texture and absorb the flavour of the sauce. I’ll give you trolls my best tip. When making actual pulled pork, Chuck in a tin of jackfruit to make the meat go further. I also put it in a veggie chilli (and include a beef stock pot 😲) and it’s always amazing.

Reactions: 9
So my lasagna is now done and slowly cooking in the oven.
I have a question for you foodies (not you Jack if you are looking).

Have seen many people making lasagna using the dry sheets, not pre-cooking them first. I do,
If using dry, do they actually cook well even using lots of sauce.

Yes they soften - I always cover mine in foil after taking out of the oven and let rest for 30 mins before eating. I’ve never had hard lasagne sheets.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This!

We got married 6 months after deciding to get married. Registry office. Handful of guests. Afternoon tea in garden courtesy of Morrison's food to order. BYO. Wedding cake made by a friend. Dress from Debenhams. Hubby and kids outfits from H&M. Flowers and tea lights.
Best. Day. EVER.
Omg entirely forgot the dress shite - agree, buy a beautiful dress that you love and avoid the bridal industrial complex at all costs!! I never even entertained the idea of going into a store as I think they have quite... antiquated views on women & body image tbh and I don’t really want to be exposed to a load of chat on what’s flattering etc from women that were told to eat 3 bowls of special K a day and therefore think such disordered eating is normal?

I went to one with a friend and it was awful, her and her mum ended up in a huge barny and she was really vile to the store staff it was just mortifying but I think the whole thing is so high pressure it’s inevitable.

And the cost of the things versus the quality!! All of the display dresses were plucked already, like they’re truly made just to survive those 8 hours! I’m hardly Martin Lewis mine was from matches (in the sale, even full price it was cheaper than “proper” brides dresses tho) but far better value, 100% silk and wearable again and again versus something that’ll be £40 to dry clean and then live in a box.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Good point! Our fees for appearing on this fabulous new all-in-one TV show should more than fund our legal fees and elaborate costumes.
Like a version of This Morning for Tattlers ? Hi Louisa 👋 - this could be your Get Out of Wedding Card.. we need a pitch to your colleagues at Channel 4 ? Could we get JO in as our resident Chef ?

• Haha
  • Heart
You definitely don't need to precook lasagne sheets (unless box specifically says you do).

Reactions: 7
This!

We got married 6 months after deciding to get married. Registry office. Handful of guests. Afternoon tea in garden courtesy of Morrison's food to order. BYO. Wedding cake made by a friend. Dress from Debenhams. Hubby and kids outfits from H&M. Flowers and tea lights. Spotify playing with songs added by guests!
Best. Day. EVER.
You pretty much described my wedding 😂 apart from we hired a village hall, did BBQ and bought our wedding rings the week before from an antique jewellery shop X

• Heart
Reactions: 7
We've been engaged for 18 months now and not getting married till (this time!) next year, but the wait is mainly so long because we don't live in the same part of the country at the moment. Cross your fingers that that changes for us soon...

Neither of our families can afford to help out with costs, which is fine, but that being said it was also quite freeing in making a decision what to do. So we're eloping to a truly beautiful part of the world, with dinner booked at a nearby Michelin restaurant, and then a week later having a party in a gorgeous venue in our hometown for 100 friends and family.

There's just no way we could afford to have a wedding with the aesthetic we want which includes all the people we love, but this way we get a stunning destination and an uncompromising guest list for about £5k in all.

I think it'd be quite lovely for Jack and Louisa to take small boy on holiday and have something nice and intimate while they're away. But it doesn't strike me as Jack's style... she'll want Nigella and Matt (lol imagine the polite RSVP decline) and other media bod types so it's just a big celebration of her.
this sounds beautiful, can we come 😂 congratulations though you will absolutely love it, not comparable but the first few nights having dinner on honeymoon I was on cloud nine just so blissfully happy! x

• Haha
  • Heart
Jack's on Newsnight tonight.

View attachment 122679

(Long time lurker ✋🏽)

Edit: Those Tweets have since been deleted.
Welcome!

What's really mad about those tweets is that she's trying to make it seem like we're total psychos who'll do anything to discredit her (when in reality she does that perfectly well herself), but all she's actually achieving is yet another dig at her partner for reading the racist, misogynist, wife beater Rod Liddle. A frankly spectacular self own.

this sounds beautiful, can we come 😂
We've already got spaces on the guestlist due to some of our friends dumping partners 🙈 and we'll no doubt bond strongly at court so I'll hold some places for the Tattle contingent. You've got to wear the themed outfits, though...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Jack's on Newsnight tonight.

View attachment 122679

(Long time lurker ✋🏽)

Edit: Those Tweets have since been deleted.
Hello Marmalade!
Already deleted, eh? Interesting.
Also interesting that she just had to mention 'Mrs Js Liddle and Morgan tomes'. Rod Liddle and Piers Morgan are widely and very publicly loathed - looks like she's having another dig at Louisa via her taste.

Boy, I bet it's fun in that house. SB's out in the garden raising a barn Amish-style but on his own, Louisa is secretly digging an escape tunnel using one of Jack's flatbreads, and Jack is in her shed, making herself a Nigella Suit out of lasagne sheets.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Seriously WTF is wrong with her? She's already deleted those Tweets less than an hour after posting them?
I’ve not been on twitter today but is the tl;dr that a Tory has an anti Semitic book on their bookshelves?

Why would you wanna be pally pally with a Tory, much less to the point where you’re defending them showcasing an anti semite’s book? I suppose that’s the difference between actually being of a class & growing up properly inescapably skint versus a casual class cosplayer tho 🐸☕

I struggle with this stuff, too. I know I’ve bandied about the term transphobic as if I’ve got it all clocked, that’s only because MN has become quite extremist and an utter hot bed of hate and have done a lot of nasty stuff to trans children which is simply unforgivable tbh, they’re bleeping kids.
Mumsnet have done nasty stuff to trans children? What do you mean? Unless words on a screen counts as actual violence towards vulnerable mixed up kids, that is.

You know what IS unforgivable? Giving kids puberty blockers to stunt their physical, emotional and sexual development for life, when (if left alone) they would invariably have changed their minds or realised they were gay.

• Angry
Reactions: 28
Welcome!

What's really mad about those tweets is that she's trying to make it seem like we're total psychos who'll do anything to discredit her (when in reality she does that perfectly well herself), but all she's actually achieving is yet another dig at her partner for reading the racist, misogynist, wife beater Rod Liddle. A frankly spectacular self own.
Agreed. Also, I don't give a duck what she smokes, where she keeps her tampons or where her glasses came from. It's hard to believe she's 32, she's so childish.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I resent her being the golden girl of the 'left wing poverty voice', she's a middle class person, whose childhood was middle class, whose values and beliefs change with the wind who masquerades as living in a small shack rubbing sticks together for heat.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Boy, I bet it's fun in that house. SB's out in the garden raising a barn Amish-style but on his own, Louisa is secretly digging an escape tunnel using one of Jack's flatbreads, and Jack is in her shed, making herself a Nigella Suit out of lasagne sheets.
Oh god, 😂😂

Reactions: 4
Hello Marmalade!
Already deleted, eh? Interesting.
Also interesting that she just had to mention 'Mrs Js Liddle and Morgan tomes'. Rod Liddle and Piers Morgan are widely and very publicly loathed - looks like she's having another dig at Louisa via her taste.

Also, surely it makes sense for someone who works in news and current affairs to have all sorts of books regarding ummm, news and current affairs, on her shelves. Be a pretty piss-poor journalist/editor, especially one who works for a national broadcaster, who only ever read things that fell into approved canon of whatever their personal political stance was.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.