Jack Monroe #12 Eight thousand pages from her printer, this could take us through to winter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone said that her tomato sauce sounded like Marcella Hazan's recipe (which is legendary). But Jack's never heard of Marcella Hazan apparently, Jack invented the recipe on her own OK, no inspiration from anyone else as she comes up with all her the crazy ideas herself OK, do you get that? Jack's a bleeping maverick genius.
I saw that plus a tweet from someone who mentioned JM, Jessica Dennison and Marcella were all doing pretty much the same sauce 😉.

Not one bit of passive aggressive snark towards Tin Can Magic surely is proof that she's definitely taking a moment to inwardly digest and not have a tantrum about her recipes being blatantly pillaged 🤪.

Reactions: 2
haha yes! She says 3 engagements like it’s a competition 🙈
You don’t wear them like a badge of honour Jack. I wonder why none of them have made it down the isle.

3 ex-fiancés ... 3 freezers ... just doing the maths here.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Really?! This is the woman who announced she'd stopped using Sainsbury's for her recipe costings because they'd made a donation to the conservative party, and she couldn't be doing with that..
she used A Sainsbury’s can of something (peaches?) on DK, I thought they were a bit fancy. 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 4
do you follow BOSH on Instagram? Loads of FREE recipes on there and their website. They also have recently had a series on itv, living on the veg.
Yes, I've got both their books. First was really good, second was pretty hit and miss.

It's so hard as my son loves bland food so he rejects anything vaguely interesting or different I make. It's made me give up trying. Which is a real shame.

• Sad
Yes, I've got both their books. First was really good, second was pretty hit and miss.

It's so hard as my son loves bland food so he rejects anything vaguely interesting or different I make. It's made me give up trying. Which is a real shame.
oh I’ve got their second book, perhaps I should get the first one.
I follow an account called “today we cooked” on Instagram, they’re a veggie family but easily adaptable to vegan.
My daughter was a bit like that too “I just like basic food mum” but she’s getting much better now, thank god!

Another post I saw last night which will be of interest to some...

View attachment 122432

This confirms Louisa is engagement number 4 (if she was next, which I'm assuming she was as this was post Allegra)
Sorry I know the thread is already +3 pages (unfortunately this haus frau also works!) so this is bringing something back from the vault -

I cannot conflate this open / honest / chatty person with the grief we’re getting on Twitter? Like this response on MN wouldn’t go amiss on this thread, and people would be receptive to talking to her? I know she certainly wouldn’t be getting the icky transphobic weird biological genital questions she got on MN here cos we’ve got manners init.

I think that’s part of what pains her is that she knows as much, she knows we’re reasonable and chatty women who would hear her out but she’s so embarrassed by the contradictions and the articles that she just wants to shout it all down. Or maybe, maybe whilst MN’s clientele are gross she still feels it’s a safe space because they bow down to celeb pressure and delete anything, so the tit articles would be gone and the money chatter would be deleted too - whereas here it’s more 100% out in the open? Although ironically here the anti trans and honestly unacceptable stuff would be deleted but it’d stay up on MN that’s their bread and butter 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Had to check I hadn’t done her a disservice on the vegan pork belly recipe preamble. It’s actually worse than I recalled.

“Didn’t get a television series out of it” 😵
“Absolutely bewildered and delighted” 😵
“My bosom” 😵
Wtf did I just read... as usual she has to throw in a bitter complaint 😑

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Off topic but I hate the way some people think women who support other people being trans but don't want a few spaces (e.g. prisons, women's refuges, SOME changing rooms, SOME loos) being open to anyone are transphobic.

Also it is not transphobic for a lesbian to not want to have sex with someone with a penis.

I shouldn't even have to say that.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I know it's offtopic and not the point, but I need to defend Mariah Carey 😆

She doesn't know Jenifer Lopez as the woman was used as a tool by her controling ex (Tommy mottola) to try to ruin Mariah by ripping off her songs then releasing before and partly causing her glitter breakdown.

Jennifer Lopez's team didn't even bother replacing the demo vocals on most of her biggest hits to actually be sung by her when they bought the tracks. I'm not surprised Mariah doesn't know her.

when Mariah was told JLo had 8 hrs of sleep she said "If I had the luxury of not actually having to sing my own songs I’d do that too"

sorry and back to cooking 🤪
Very informative 😝👍

• Haha
Even worse is that when drumming up pre-sales she was bragging about that held-back recipe as a reason to buy the book.
Yep, that really pissed me off and was one of the main reasons I didn't purchase this book.
It was a really crappy thing to do, it's not even like she said "Unfortunately the crackling recipe didn't work out."

(The other reason I didn't buy the book was because the 3 I already bought were tit)

Reactions: 6
De lurking to say loving everyone’s work.
I was indifferent to Jay Rayner until I read his magnificent put down of Toby Young.
I’m also loving all the recipe, book, houseplant, seed information.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Off topic but I hate the way some people think women who support other people being trans but don't want a few spaces (e.g. prisons, women's refuges, SOME changing rooms, SOME loos) being open to anyone are transphobic.

Also it is not transphobic for a lesbian to not want to have sex with someone with a penis.

I shouldn't even have to say that.
I struggle with this stuff, too. I know I’ve bandied about the term transphobic as if I’ve got it all clocked, that’s only because MN has become quite extremist and an utter hot bed of hate and have done a lot of nasty stuff to trans children which is simply unforgivable tbh, they’re bleeping kids. There are sections of online feminism I really don’t like, they tend to be very middle class and white tbh with you, and they’re very... anti a lot of things? I was once part of a facebook group and they were trolling women excited about their upcoming weddings to men?!! And I had someone start literal racist tit on my non-English surname and mods did nothing which just tells you who the group is for tbh, I left after that.

But I find it really difficult to form an informed & fair opinion on it all. I struggled when that Deutsche banker who lives as a woman 2 days a week won a prize for women in finance but it’s scary to discuss these things as ignorance gets assumed for malice and they doxx a lot of people on Twitter. Like - and I hope this isn’t offensive - I fully believe everything exists on a spectrum from sexuality to gender, but I can’t understand why you can’t be a hyper feminine person assigned male at birth and you want to switch to a feminine female person, like that feels as if it’s adhering to the gender binary itself which is the problem? I don’t mean that nastily for me it’s like being stuck on a step in an equation or your code won’t bleeping run like I know I’ll get there one day but I just need to figure it out. I would never ask a trans person to explain it to me as the onus is on me to educate myself there.

I just try to be kind and that’s all I can do eg use the right pronouns, teach your kids a spectrum of everything exists, and that people deserve to live their life unperturbed. But I would never feel safe enough to explore this discussion on social media.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
It was a short thing.

Holly said she remembered when Tin Can author JM came in the studio and she showed them washing the sauce from a tin of beans meant that you get more beans than the average and they’re cheaper.

Phil said he mustn’t have been listening as he doesn’t remember 🙄 Phil is one of us.
They showed James Martin the clip of Jack waxing lyrical about the benefits of using rinsed beans. He looked bemused, unimpressed and slightly appalled. A master class in self control because I’m sure he was absolutely horrified.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.