Jack Monroe #12 Eight thousand pages from her printer, this could take us through to winter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is there a timeline we can consult yet?

On the basil note - moved it inside, found a cheeky snail that i chucked next door, will update you all in a week.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Just a small comment before I head off to sleep. I really enjoy the people here. Lovely, smart, nice and generally people I would invites to my house for a party of fun. You have kept me slightly sane. Please help yourself to the hams at the bottom of the freezer. Good night. x

Depending on how long coronavirus sticks around for, this may be us at said house party... I’ll see you witches there! X

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
What is black vinegar, exactly? I’m not sure what it is, but it sounds like something I would like ...
It's black rice vinegar, also known as chinkiang vinegar....

If you've ever had the vinegary dip some dim-sum/Chinese places serve with dumplings, it's that (sometimes mixed with soy).

It is glorious.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Jack's been filming 'rehearsals' in her shed don't you know! She's going to be answering #lockdownlarder questions accross all social media platforms..... are we ready for this! I'm still getting my head round what I saw on DK...... plus.... it just won't be the same without Matt 😍

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Going back to Jack’s veganism, and specifically her ‘Veganish’ book - I bought it, because I genuinely want to continue to limit (albeit not stop) my animal intake and thought it might give me ideas.

I’m a competent and confident cook, and so far I’ve not been able to make one single recipe from that book work. Not a single one. I gave the recipes the benefit of the doubt for a while - previous recipes of Jack’s have worked fine for me - but ‘Veganish’ doesn’t hit the mark at all. It’s almost as if the recipes haven’t been fully tested, or there’s a significant chunk missing. It didn’t seem particularly rushed to me at the time, but they just don’t work for me (for me; your honour).

Also, on reflection I’m not quite sure who the book is aimed at. The recipes are quite fiddly and long-winded, and I can’t see it converting anyone to veganism any time soon. I’ve made accidentally vegan meals that work a whole lot better 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 14
Can I just... I can’t remember if it’s been mentioned on these threads, but I keep randomly remembering Jack’s tweet about David Cameron’s dead son.

Now, I’m no fan at all of the Camerons. But to bring his dead son into a political Tweet. Also. The bleeping irony!! She accused DC of using ‘misty eyed rhetoric’ about his son to further his agenda. Erm. Pot, meet kettle! Her blog. Small boy, looking up with his big blue eyes asking mummy why he’s got a bleeping dry weetabix for breakfast... oh yeah and chuck a few quid in my tip jar, huns. How low can you go, to say something so vile to another human being, that they are using their dead child like that. I’m not ruling out any depths of crappy behaviour from DC and the Tories, but to say THAT.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Can I just... I can’t remember if it’s been mentioned on these threads, but I keep randomly remembering Jack’s tweet about David Cameron’s dead son.

Now, I’m no fan at all of the Camerons. But to bring his dead son into a political Tweet. Also. The bleeping irony!! She accused DC of using ‘misty eyed rhetoric’ about his son to further his agenda. Erm. Pot, meet kettle! Her blog. Small boy, looking up with his big blue eyes asking mummy why he’s got a bleeping dry weetabix for breakfast... oh yeah and chuck a few quid in my tip jar, huns. How low can you go, to say something so vile to another human being, that they are using their dead child like that. I’m not ruling out any depths of crappy behaviour from DC and the Tories, but to say THAT.
yep it’s bloody awful! It was discussed again in the thread yesterday but here’s a link to the article so you can enjoy the full impact of those quotes.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.