Jack Monroe #12 Eight thousand pages from her printer, this could take us through to winter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely. But Jack has the deciding vote in this doesn’t she? Allegra asks Jack to move in, onus is on Jack to make the decision, Allegra has played her cards. Jack can very easily say nope - I don’t want to, let’s see how things go. She equally pushed the relationship, moved her son to a school and be half siblings with someone he has no clue of. That makes for an incredibly traumatic childhood with woman after woman and break up after break up. The boy is ten now, and how many people has he seen his mother with? The one calming influence seems to be the father - who conveniently disappeared when she was crying poverty?

Anyway, if it helps. I’m sure I told the Tattle world I’m gay on a previous thread. And lesbian relationships are very much like this - they’re known as the u-haul ones. The ones who move in instantly, proclaim undoubted, Romeo and Juliet style love and break up after a year. They have their own set of rules they work to and it’s a lot more common than anyone who doesn’t know this world thinks.

Fortunately I’m glad to say I’m not like that at all, im not a u-hauler I’m happy to be the straightest gay person I know 😂
My gay friends (male and female) used to tell the joke “What do lesbians do on the second date? Book the removal van”

• Haha
Reactions: 12
This reveal better be amazing, and I mean amazing. We’ve all waited over a week for it, so she better have something special lined up. Grated corned beef with Primula swirls and angel delight foam anyone?
Its going to flop. Another car crash of slop served on a camp stove. At least she wont be getting any license money.

Reactions: 5
I wonder if Louisa is secretly reading these threads and wondering what the hell she got herself into.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Does she often talk about replacing eggs with apple sauce? Or was it a joke?!

And the only thing that would make the shitshed cooking any good was if any profits from it were donated to food banks to feed the vulnerable during this terrible time.

But we all know that won’t happen as the biggest victim in the world is Jack. Never mind the elderly with no family, Jack and her immunocompromised body being forced into the shed because she doesn’t want her crappy bungalow on YouTube is way more important than thousands going without their tea tonight. And she can use the money to buy another two coats.

It's so tedious teasing an announcement, she's not Beyonce with a new album coming out. Just do something!

I am relatively naïve about social media optics, but would Jack be disappointed by her pre-announcement garnering 4 responses? Apart from one very enthusiastic 'Yay!!!' one asks about making a tinned tomato salsa, one about Lentil and Chestnut Soup, and one is about a bus being on time. I don't follow Beyoncé, but would she expect a similar pre-announcement to create a little more buzz amongst her followers?

• Haha
I’ve just had a look at the tweets. She’s just posted a recipe for a vegan cake — and some people want to use eggs in it, hence all the questions about replacing apple sauce with eggs. I’m a tit baker so I’ve no idea what role the apple sauce was playing, but at least there’s some context to the otherwise-bizarre questions!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Fact or fiction? Whatever it is, I feel very sorry for that little lad. https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jack-monroe_uk_57c93635e4b09f5b5e35d4cc

Yes, and bananas too.

But we all know that won’t happen as the biggest victim in the world is Jack.
Jack cares about Jack. It is all about Jack and always will be about Jack. Jack is always right, Jack is never wrong.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
@Bellybutton lint - thank you for the update on seedaholic. Sorry I managed to miss it somehow last night but just seen it! I will set a reminder!

Also, finally got around to doing my own baking. I wanted to make a lemon and almond cake, but the teenager wanted a lemon drizzle and as she will eat 90% of it (I like baking, but rarely eat cake anymore) I had to bow to my public. Not v exciting to look at, but I love the smell of a baking lemon cake.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Just out of interest why do you think this is a phenomenon in the lesbian world?! I have a good friend who only recently came out after being married to a man and she literally moved in with the first girl she met after a month of dating!!
It’s not. It’s really not. As a bisexual woman I have had relationships with men and woman and never felt the need to move in straight away. On the other hand, I know hetro couples who have moved in after a couple of months or even less. For me it’s more on the individual level of the person or of the relationship. Questioning Jacks actions is about her as a person/presenter NOT about her sexuality.

@Bellybutton lint - thank you for the update on seedaholic. Sorry I managed to miss it somehow last night but just seen it! I will set a reminder!

Also, finally got around to doing my own baking. I wanted to make a lemon and almond cake, but the teenager wanted a lemon drizzle and as she will eat 90% of it (I like baking, but rarely eat cake anymore) I had to bow to my public. Not v exciting to look at, but I love the smell of a baking lemon cake.
Oh that looks lovely. I too, like the smell of lemon cake, or anything lemony baking. Clean happy smell it is. I dug out some of my old bread baking books today, and it has lemon rolls in it. I'm going to try that tomorrow, seeing as I managed to snarfu some fresh yeast from my neighbor. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve been thinking about it all this weekend and I’m really pissed off at the way Jack tried to silence Tattle by threatening legal action.

Who does she even think she is to go in all guns blazing at a gossip website and some threads made up of random observations about her? Obviously there’s things in here she won’t want bringing up again as they’re a massive contradiction to the story she peddles - but this is just a page whereby all the articles and tweets and stories are collated and people comment accordingly.

What annoyed me the most is that as a poster and I’m sure a fair few felt the same, like we were being oppressed by Jack and that she would scare us all into being quiet.
And for some poor souls, Jack has won. People will be afraid to post and she will carry on lying and pretending to know the law.

Sorry, it’s all annoying me today about this and trying to stop our free speech. Everyone has a right to an opinion, just because Jack doesn’t like and can’t control it, it doesn’t mean it should be suppressed.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
My mum seems to forget I'm a competent baker and buy packet mixes, while I do use them occasionally and there's a few expensive ones I want to try from favourite bakeries, she saw me work out sponge cake last year. As I'm not buying strawberries right now I whipped a teaspoon of strawberry jam into the cream. Gave the hint of strawberry.

Attachments

• Heart
Oh that looks lovely. I too, like the smell of lemon cake, or anything lemony baking. Clean happy smell it is. I dug out some of my old bread baking books today, and it has lemon rolls in it. I'm going to try that tomorrow, seeing as I managed to snarfu some fresh yeast from my neighbor. :)
I have yeast envy, which sounds unfortunately like a ‘woman’s problem’ now I type it

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I am relatively naïve about social media optics, but would Jack be disappointed by her pre-announcement garnering 4 responses? Apart from one very enthusiastic 'Yay!!!' one asks about making a tinned tomato salsa, one about Lentil and Chestnut Soup, and one is about a bus being on time. I don't follow Beyoncé, but would she expect a similar pre-announcement to create a little more buzz amongst her followers?
I saw that. 4 responses. Usually she would have people fawning over her announcements. I imagine a lot of people did a google, found this place and read away!

I have yeast envy, which sounds unfortunately like a ‘woman’s problem’ now I type it
If you have a Polish shop around you there are a delight of odd things (and they have flour) and pretty much always fresh yeast. The smell and texture and the way bread rises properly is wonderful. This is why, when I see JM giving people the wrong advice about baking bread (add salt to yeast) it boils my urinade.

Reactions: 11
I’ve just had a look at the tweets. She’s just posted a recipe for a vegan cake — and some people want to use eggs in it, hence all the questions about replacing apple sauce with eggs. I’m a tit baker so I’ve no idea what role the apple sauce was playing, but at least there’s some context to the otherwise-bizarre questions!
It does the binding job in a cake mix that eggs normally do. There’s a variety of things you can sub for eggs in cakes. I’m no expert on vegan food, but the business I used to run that I coyly have referred to here before, was a small baking business, mostly celebration cakes. I occasionally got requests for vegan cakes, I tended to use baking soda and vinegar as that does a good job of mimicking the rising effect of eggs so preferred the texture it gave. Depends what you’re trying to achieve with the substitute though. Apple sauce (pref unsweetened) does work in certain recipes.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.