Jack Monroe #12 Eight thousand pages from her printer, this could take us through to winter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d be so upset if my other half talked about me like that even just once or twice — never mind literally every time I was mentioned!
I know, it's awful, especially as it's one-sided. She paints Louisa as this complete moaning buzzkill who isn't up for anything. I'm surprised she doesn't call her 'her indoors' like some dismal male character in a 70s sitcom.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
100% this! putting aside any discrepancies, contradictions and confusing timeline of her life events aside, and assuming everything Jack has ever stated in interviews/ on social media is true, she could have carved herself out a nice little niche as a success against all odds, ie : Jack, a member of the lbgtq+ community who despite leaving school with minimal qualifications, managed to secure herself a good job within the fire service. Following in the footsteps of her dad, himself a senior firefighter, Jack had a promising career in front of her. However , like many young women, Jack had to make the decision to leave her role when she became a lone parent. Despite having a strong support network In her own parents(who in addition to parenting Jack and her brother, have fostered numerous children, and at this point had 2 young adoptive children to care for), and the involvement of her child’s father, Jack found herself in poverty, having to make heartbreaking decisions such as skipping meals and selling her belongings in order to provide food and shelter for her child. At her lowest point, having resorted to selling her young child’s toys just to be able to provide him with economical meals such as a singular weetabix,unsweetened and softened with only tap water, Jack considered ending her own life. From her humble beginnings of starting a blog in a desire to use her experiences to bring attention to the issues faced by families such as hers, Jack, the self taught Bootstrap cook,now has several published cookbooks to her name and is working with several brands, such as Sainsburys, to produce content aimed at those who may be struggling to provide healthy Nutritious food on a budget. Despite her success, Jack is mindful of her past experiences, choosing to deposit her earning into a savings account, only drawing the equivalent of a 40 hr week living wage in which to cover her day to day living expenses. Although Jack acknowledges she is now in the enviable position of having savings put aside for a rainy day, she is able to use her past experiences to help others Who are living her past experiences right now. despite facing many hurdles ( as well as being a young non binary lone parent, Jack also has several conditions that affect both her physical and mental health), Jack is an inspiration to her many followers , proving that there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

instead Jack has chosen to portray herself as still being so financially unstable that she needs to ask her supporters for financial support, to put herself, an immune compromised person, at risk to commute to a tv studio in order to pay the bills,while only living in a (two storey )crappy rented bungalow (with a large garden and large shed/outhouse). A successful chef stole her niche/show/salad recipe , a bunch of horrible hausfraussen are systematically trying to destroy her career and livelihood and to top it all off, -( and despite living alone without for the last 14 years, without any practical help around the house) her spouse has been incredibly inconsiderate and has been hogging the internet connection to work from (Jack’s ) home 🤷‍♀️

Sorry for the long post.i blame it on the fact that I’m sleep deprived, hungry and hormonal 😂😂😂
Mark my words, relying on this constant rhetoric of piss poor poverty will be Jacks undoing eventually.

Aside from all of the lies and huge discrepancies in her ever evolving life 'story', if she persists in continuously peddling the idea that she is somehow still living on or below the breadline then surely all this serves to do is show her followers that in spite of her best efforts, she still isn't managing to make any headway in sorting her bleeping life out and gaining some financial stability! Quite frankly it's pathetic. You are not a victim Jack! The real victims are the people who have made donations to you. You've fleeced the poor buggers!!!!

For those of us that are homeowners, are we supposed to sit here feeling sorry for her in some way because she is still renting? I saved for years to buy my first home. Made sacrifices and worked my arse off! I didn't save up and then spunk my bastard money on expensive jackets and trash. I mean that whole story about how she brought two designer coats just to prove a point to the shop assistant is the most crass and vulgar display of wealth and power I have ever heard. I hope it made you feel good Jack for all of about ten seconds! Did you chuck a tenner to the poor homeless person sat on the pavement on your way out? How noble of you!
duck me love, most people in Europe rent their entire lives! It's only us Brits who have this obsession with owning our own homes (closely followed by how many bedrooms you have......WTf is that about???). It's just a house love, get over it.
Jack needs to learn to stop tarnishing everything with this idea that 'everything's so great in my life right now....but it would be so much better if I owned a house....or had a bit more money....or could afford to do this, that and the other'.
I'm all for not forgetting your roots and being humble but Jesus Christ she's taking it to the next level and frankly it's so disingenuous that it makes me sick!

She will never be truly happy whilst she continues to tarnish her life with the same story from 10 years ago so she has to let go of it and move on for her sake and that of her son and relationship with her partner. Otherwise she'll constantly be living in a state of flux over what she has now and what she had in the past.
It's ok to move on in life and create your own success and financial security! There's no shame in it!
Jack seems to equate her own success with 'stuff' and how much she owns. Word of advice Jack; Read the book 'Solve for Happy' by Mo Gawdat and see how you feel about your life then.
It will open you eyes to what is standing right in front of you and make you realise that you could own ten houses and a fleet of cars and it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to your happiness, your state of mind or how you live your life.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Mark my words, relying on this constant rhetoric of piss poor poverty will be Jacks undoing eventually.

Aside from all of the lies and huge discrepancies in her ever evolving life 'story', if she persists in continuously peddling the idea that she is somehow still living on or below the breadline then surely all this serves to do is show her followers that in spite of her best efforts, she still isn't managing to make any headway in sorting her bleeping life out and gaining some financial stability! Quite frankly it's pathetic. You are not a victim Jack! The real victims are the people who have made donations to you. You've fleeced the poor buggers!!!!

For those of us that are homeowners, are we supposed to sit here feeling sorry for her in some way because she is still renting? I saved for years to buy my first home. Made sacrifices and worked my arse off! I didn't save up and then spunk my bastard money on expensive jackets and trash. I mean that whole story about how she brought two designer coats just to prove a point to the shop assistant is the most crass and vulgar display of wealth and power I have ever heard. I hope it made you feel good Jack for all of about ten seconds! Did you chuck a tenner to the poor homeless person sat on the pavement on your way out? How noble of you!
duck me love, most people in Europe rent their entire lives! It's only us Brits who have this obsession with owning our own homes (closely followed by how many bedrooms you have......WTf is that about???). It's just a house love, get over it.
Jack needs to learn to stop tarnishing everything with this idea that 'everything's so great in my life right now....but it would be so much better if I owned a house....or had a bit more money....or could afford to do this, that and the other'.
I'm all for not forgetting your roots and being humble but Jesus Christ she's taking it to the next level and frankly it's so disingenuous that it makes me sick!

She will never be truly happy whilst she continues to tarnish her life with the same story from 10 years ago so she has to let go of it and move on for her sake and that of her son and relationship with her partner. Otherwise she'll constantly be living in a state of flux over what she has now and what she had in the past.
It's ok to move on in life and create your own success and financial security! There's no shame in it!
Jack seems to equate her own success with 'stuff' and how much she owns. Word of advice Jack; Read the book 'Solve for Happy' by Mo Gawdat and see how you feel about your life then.
It will open you eyes to what is standing right in front of you and make you realise that you could own ten houses and a fleet of cars and it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to your happiness, your state of mind or how you live your life.
Wow. You have wrapped it up well. JM if you are reading this, you really might want to take this advice on board. Who knows, you may become a better person for it. Just saying like.....

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Here's an interesting nugget:

View attachment 121781

That sounds like a deposit on a purchase, no?

Anyway, here's the full interview. It's pretty excruciating so if you go in, do not do so on a full stomach:

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/diva/20150201/282918088872055
So.... she willingly spunked (or should that be bechameled?) a mortgage deposit to eagerly move to London with Allegra? If you're moving into the millionaire founder of Leon's home why not just keep hold of the bungalow for posterity? A second home by the sea, maybe? Although Allegra probably had one of those, too. She's being punished for her hubris in thinking sugar mummy #1 [citation needed] would be her meal ticket for life.

When I was younger, I made a really stupid decision about not taking a fantastic opportunity for a bloke (who turned out not to be worth it, duh). I can't blame anyone but myself for that. Every time Jack moans about renting, she's refusing to take accountability for her own decisions. And that's before we even get onto uprooting her son so rashly, but the less said about that, the better.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
It is irritating when she prefaces it all with 'only rented'. I rent, have done for years and never have thought it a lesser choice. I live in a beautiful old gate lodge (with garden) that I simply could not afford to buy or maintain. I don't know why she is so hung up on it frankly. It is her home.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I keep chuckling at "it's a cheap pop-up tent in a rented garden".

1) What does price have to do with it? What other sort of tent do you need for camping in the garden? Is she going to go off on one about not being able to afford a top of the range expedition tent? Or does she think she deserves to be gifted a Burberry marquee?

2) If you have *any* kind of outside space these days, you are very lucky. Stop with the ownership fixation, you giant whingebag.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I keep chuckling at "it's a cheap pop-up tent in a rented garden".

1) What does price have to do with it? What other sort of tent do you need for camping in the garden? Is she going to go off on one about not being able to afford a top of the range expedition tent? Or does she think she deserves to be gifted a Burberry marquee?

2) If you have *any* kind of outside space these days, you are very lucky. Stop with the ownership fixation, you giant whingebag.
I wonder if yesterdays garden set up will lead to her abandoning her son in the garden with the compass and flask of tea and allow him to find his way back to the "crappy bungalow"
correction....."the cheap compass and second hand flask"

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I am spending too much time thinking about this, I think because it's triggering me in respect to things that have happened in my past. What I don't get, about people I've known who endlessly exaggerate and embellish things that have happen/have happened to them is *why*? I don't think I've met anyone over the age of 30, who has lived any kind of a life, who doesn't have interesting things to say/stories to tell. Now, admittedly, I have lived a hell of a life, and actually I'm v cautious about sharing it all in one go, as it were, because if I were to tell it a certain way, it absolutely does sound like something exaggerated and borderline unbelievable, but everyone I've ever met has stories, and challenges and things I've never faced, or triumphs I could only imagine. Human condition innit? It's still almost unbelievable to me that anyone feels the need to embellish their own history to such an extent, if nothing else, it must be really destabilising to your sense of self.

Plus, it damages people around you too. I went through a phase of not believing anything anyone said to me, because of my experience with people like that, and that was oddly destabilising for me too. My poor partner, when we met, I didn't believe a word he said, because he's lived a v interesting life and done some mad, crazy sports things that I felt were exaggerated or outright lies, until I saw the photos/articles/medals. And that wasn't his fault, he just related them as part of his life, not as any great or wonderful tale, just chatting, but I was in a place where I just couldn't take people's word for anything. Good job the man had patience really.

Hmm, sorry, that was a ramble, I think maybe I do need to actively stop thinking about it, it's obviously poking at something I find disturbing.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
So.... she willingly spunked (or should that be bechameled?) a mortgage deposit to eagerly move to London with Allegra? If you're moving into the millionaire founder of Leon's home why not just keep hold of the bungalow for posterity? A second home by the sea, maybe? Although Allegra probably had one of those, too. She's being punished for her hubris in thinking sugar mummy #1 [citation needed] would be her meal ticket for life.
Right? And the first Sex & The City movie had been out for 7 years by then so she can't say that Carrie's cautionary tale didn't warn her.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
The article with Allegra 🤢 who the duck moves a kid in with someone after four days?? That’s actually the most irresponsible thing I think I’ve heard anyone do! I’d be happy to stand up in court and say Jack is a total bleeping idiot for that, that’s not libel - most people would consider that massively inappropriate! Plus moving him away from his dad who she doesn’t like to ever mention has him 3-4 days a week. She’s a selfish bloody loose cannon. Nothing has changed since then. Also, if ‘Mrs J’ (also 🤢) is that much of a misery guts, maybe don’t move her in with your kid? A kid, who, by your own admission has had an extremely difficult and hectic childhood. I don’t believe this Mrs J is all that terrible though, given Jack’s track record of bullshitting about every minute detail of her life for maximum victim effect.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I expect Louisa owns a home but they choose to rent in an area convenient for jack and her son. They have the luxury of choice.

Reactions: 12
I’d be so upset if my other half talked about me like that even just once or twice — never mind literally every time I was mentioned!
Oh me too. I fairly often joke with my partner that we are in our own little gang of two, because we always have each other's backs, and it's such a lovely thing (I've never had a relationship like that before), I would be absolutely broken if I found out he'd been 'joking' like this about me.

Reactions: 19
I wonder if yesterdays garden set up will lead to her abandoning her son in the garden with the compass and flask of tea and allow him to find his way back to the "crappy bungalow"
correction....."the cheap compass and second hand flask"
Ha ha ha! And then she'll only let him back in the house if he can recite everything he learned yesterday about solar energy, fire safety, household plumbing, quantum physics and the Schleswig-Holstein Question.

I reckon she's watched Captain Fantastic. After lockdown, she'll be sending SB off into the woods to hunt wild animals and learn to skin them using one of the knives she picked up in Italy*.

*from a skip

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I feel genuinely mean for thinking this & sorry God for saying it, but does anyone else struggle to understand Allegra’s hair do considering she’s both from money & wealthy in her own right? Like what cowboy West London stylist is giving her a sub par Clare Balding number, they need striking off the register

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I feel genuinely mean for thinking this & sorry God for saying it, but does anyone else struggle to understand Allegra’s hair do considering she’s both from money & wealthy in her own right? Like what cowboy wear London stylist is giving her a sub par Clare Balding number, they need striking off the register
I just don’t think she’s the type to care, she’s not a feminine sort.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
265B4D48-AA46-4F4C-BD7E-AA34473C0DAE.jpeg

Journalist Carole Malone has just tweeted about Channel 4 having to reduce the pay per episode from £8k to £2k for each guest or celeb appearance going forward from now on, probably just for the remainder of the lockdown only. So I doubt that JM's appearances fee was far from being only in the hundreds and was actually a pretty packet in excess of the standard £250. She has no excuse to keep begging for tips or patreon

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
What I don't get, about people I've known who endlessly exaggerate and embellish things that have happen/have happened to them is *why*?.
In the experience I’ve had with people who do this, it comes from a place of deep insecurity. They don’t think their own personality/life is enough, and enjoy the attention/praise/sympathy that the embellishments brings their way. I have a family member who had addiction issues and now literally gets high off the attention they get from exaggerating everything that goes on in their life. It’s got to the point where you can’t even have a conversation any more as they are so focused on talking about themselves and need to have all the focus on them at all times. It’s exhausting

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.