Jack Monroe #12 Eight thousand pages from her printer, this could take us through to winter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ha my post makes me sound obsessed, she just pisses me off with all her lies and poor cosplay while begging for money. Then all these people that admit they don't have much money themselves chuck her a few quid as if she's desolate and in need šŸ˜”
Absolutely. If she's so worried about work, instead of asking people to GIVE you money why not go out and get a part time job to supplement your income? Though maybe she can't go out due to being immunosuppressed. Oh wait.....

Reactions: 17
Pays herself a living wage, banks the rest, but still sells herself as living in a degreee of poverty or struggle? Disgrace. Give your head a wobble, you attention seeking mug.

Reactions: 16
Wonder when the wedding is? Seems to get engaged and then.......
My opinion only (don't sue me) is that wedding won't happen. If I was Louisa I would run a country mile after that JO debacle. JO was picked up on Channel 4 and Louisa works for Channel 4. How embarrassing it must have been for Louisa if her work mates saw that. Imagine there was a lot of snickering going on. And then when JM made her cringey debut on DK (after kicking up the mother of all tantrums) I imagine the snickering got even louder.

Reactions: 30
Absolutely. If she's so worried about work, instead of asking people to GIVE you money why not go out and get a part time job to supplement your income? Though maybe she can't go out due to being immunosuppressed. Oh wait.....
Iā€™m not sure i understand how this time has such a dramatic effect on her income? She can still develop recipes and write articles.
food programmes are obviously still being produced.
If anything now is a great time, thereā€™s a LARGE audience at home, she could have used this time to market her USP and really utilise her Instagram stories or start her YouTube career, she should have put more effort in and been more consistent with her lockdown larder. Sheā€™s had opportunities to be the ā€œexpertā€ on cooking on a budget in the media and sheā€™s had the DK opportunity.
Explain to me how sheā€™s hard up?
perhaps she can explain it to all the people who have lost their jobs, the people working in travel and tourism, the service community or the millions of self employed who are really struggling right now. Of course there are many many communities who are being affected, but the world revolves around Jack.

Reactions: 23
Anyone else wondering if maybe she pays herself a living wage and saves the rest so she can only tell the taxman she earns "national living wage"? And the rest šŸ¤·

• Wow
Anyone else wondering if maybe she pays herself a living wage and saves the rest so she can only tell the taxman she earns "national living wage"? And the rest šŸ¤·
She has a business, employs an accountant so she would still have to pay corporate tax on profits.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I am also annoyed by her lack of awareness about her influence.
Maybe she is only earning 12.5k from her ā€˜jobā€™. In which case, be honest and say I love been a twitter cook but I canā€™t afford to live like this so am going to have to get a part time job OR admit that you are earning more now and are really pleased that your hard work is paying off...in which case you might inspire others to follow a similar path.
This! I think the instagrammers and the Twitter crew all lose sight of this once they 'make' it. That in itself is the sad part as they once had aspirations to do better ( like we all do ) and they achieved it. I didn't sleep much last night as I was worried I came across as bragging , that wasn't my intention. What I was trying to say was that we all have that power to achieve within us, some may take longer than others but it can be done. I neither Instagram or Twitter but I can see just from the various threads here how badly it affects peoples self worth.

Reactions: 15
Reactions: 9
This! I think the instagrammers and the Twitter crew all lose sight of this once they 'make' it. That in itself is the sad part as they once had aspirations to do better ( like we all do ) and they achieved it. I didn't sleep much last night as I was worried I came across as bragging , that wasn't my intention. What I was trying to say was that we all have that power to achieve within us, some may take longer than others but it can be done. I neither Instagram or Twitter but I can see just from the various threads here how badly it affects peoples self worth.
You didnā€™t come across as bragging at all šŸ˜Š

Reactions: 8
Morning, gentlewomen! May your crumpets be lavishly buttered on this fine Sunday.

Anyway, I found a Diva interview with La Monroe and Allegra McEvedy back when they were engaged.

In it, they talk about how Jack moved in with Allegra within a week of meeting her, moving from Southend to London.

Here's an interesting nugget:

Screenshot 2020-05-03 at 07.32.14.png

That sounds like a deposit on a purchase, no?

Anyway, here's the full interview. It's pretty excruciating so if you go in, do not do so on a full stomach:

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/diva/20150201/282918088872055

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Just had a gander at the Mumsnet thread. Two takeaways: theyā€™ve picked up on the fact that weā€™ve been discussing things like the Kickstarter, which Jack doesnā€™t seem happy with; and they have good taste in thread titles ā€”

9917FE2D-2C01-4AB4-B89F-75EE497FF89D.jpeg

E135A094-7ABB-4C9C-BF16-C5851D6818F7.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39

Yel

Iā€™m not sure i understand how this time has such a dramatic effect on her income?
She lost some events no doubt, probably got paid a grand for a mornings work with free travel and food.

But, and you can sue me on this Jack and it would be worth it to see you real financials, she was never anywhere near hard up and money from her website, books, commissions could all be all up since COVID-19. So she's probably part of a very small segment of society that are doing reasonably well out of this all without having to risk their health.

Reactions: 18
To be fair most self employed people do this, theyā€™ll take a salary at minimum wage from the company and top the rest up with dividends which incur lower rates of tax. I donā€™t have a problem with it, itā€™s the nature of contracting/freelancing and people who do so do so with the knowledge itā€™s a high risk / high reward set up that most people arenā€™t willing to take on. Additionally you can claim lots of allowable expenses, particularly for equipment & travel which really helps your money go further than the avg PAYE pay cheque.

As someone else said itā€™s not a tax dodge tbh as you pay sooo much bleeping tax on a limited company, it used to do my nut in as I did my Eddieā€™s admin (unpaid the cheeky minx) and Iā€™d have an evening a week where I just had to transfer tit to HMRC with their 300 character unique reference IDs and 5 different bank accounts. I do think itā€™s more tax efficient overall for certain types of self employed like contractors, which is why theyā€™ve introduced all that IR35 stuff to end concealed employment. That wonā€™t effect JM as sheā€™s genuinely freelance / with the wind employment sheā€™s not a long term fixture at any one company. I do wonder if itā€™ll effect the big BBC names though? We need an accountant to dish that dirt!

Itā€™s come out as a massive problem during this whole covid support thing (this is unrelated to JM) because a lot of them are being very cheeky, you canā€™t tell HMRC youā€™ve earnt Ā£7k p/a for the last 10 years and now be asking for Ā£60k worth of support šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Morning, gentlewomen! May your crumpets be lavishly buttered on this fine Sunday.

Anyway, I found a Diva interview with La Monroe and Allegra McEvedy back when they were engaged.

In it, they talk about how Jack moved in with Allegra within a week of meeting her, moving from Southend to London.

View attachment 121781

Anyway, here's the full interview. It's pretty excruciating so if you go in, do not do so on a full stomach:

Thatā€™s so financially irresponsible! Bloody hell.

• Wow

View attachment 121781

4 days later she moved in with Allegra?

• Wow
View attachment 121782

Legal action and of course the tweet, deleted.
I am sure that at one point, a few years ago, she said her then-agent had made off with all her money, leaving her broke.

Then there was the story about a publisher dropping her because she came out as transgender. I remember thinking that was a pretty shocking statement and was surprised, knowing her love of lawyering up, that she didn't take them to court for discrimination. If it were true, that is...

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.