Jack Monroe #118 Diagnosis: gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Classic Jack -

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 12.29.56.png

Also I must have read this before because I remember the doctor saying "you're a drunk" and we discussed that so sorry if I'm repeating stuff.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
Holy tit... just shut the duck up?

All the classics in here:
Greedy goblin snarfing ✅
Fish... always bleeping fish ✅
Waaaaa I was once poooooor 😭 ✅
Haven't I had SUCH a fascinating life? ✅
But I also had to work my fingers to the bone cos I'm so working class innit ✅
What a wordsmith! The duality of my hot decimated fury 🥴 ✅
ACTIVIST JACK - how dare you call her 'former' ✅
Such a quirky unique speshul little pixie ✅
YES! BINGO! Also mentioned that it’s not costed properly yet.... she’s not on a deadline, why not finish of the sums and then post it?

Also... why is everything so revolting? We used to eat really cheaply when the kids were little and I only worked part time ( massive mortgage two kids at nursery ) and we never ate anything horrible. It’s like she deliberately makes it over complicated and stressful. Egg on toast is a perfectly normal thing to eat, why add yucky poor quality food to make it worse?

• Haha
Reactions: 37
There's a podcast (and I'll be fucked if I can remember the name of it, it's always advertised during one of the cooking ones I listen to) where people go on a chat with some lady psychologist.
I think Jess Phillips is in the ad.
I want Jack to go on that.
I REALLY, really want Jack to go on that and be read her horoscope in the bluntest way possible.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I don't eat eggs but do hard boiled eggs always look like they've been sprinkled with sawdust?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
“one of my first jobs... about 14... “

Is she deliberately being more vague so the timeline cannot be 🔺?
Would they employ a 14 year old to work in a chip shop with all that boiling fat about? I've never been served by a child in a chip shop. Have any of you Fraus?

I smell BS.

Why does she insist on portraying a normal amount of thinking as 'exhausting' and quirky 🙄
It's because she has read here, many times, that we think she must be exhausting to live with. So of course, she finds herself exhausting, she lives by herself! 😂😂😂

• Heart
I was just googling Jack describing herself as working class and got as far as page 2 on google results (a couple of examples here)

View attachment 346359

View attachment 346358

and then I came across this article which I don't think I've read before? It's Jack gold https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyl...e-s-adding-politician-to-her-cv-a3522251.html

View attachment 346357

View attachment 346356

View attachment 346355
Her work isn’t on the national curriculum, it was used on one exam paper, once.

I worked in a wimpy 🔺 when I was in sixth form and summers of uni. They would 100% have made her wash her hands, prep food properly ( mostly just putting stuff in a fryer and pushing the right button, but you had to make the salads, assemble the deserts, do the eggs etc. Our boss was crazy and fired people on the spot for less than dirty hands)

• Heart
Would they employ a 14 year old to work in a chip shop with all that boiling fat about? I've never been served by a child in a chip shop. Have any of you Fraus?

I smell BS.

It's because she has read here, many times, that we think she must be exhausting to live with. So of course, she finds herself exhausting, she lives by herself! 😂😂😂
IIRC, and i can’t remember where receipts are, but that was her Grandfather’s Chipshop, obviously 🥴

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
I've never had herring roe in my life. You won't believe this but I've managed to survive this far on other protein sources.

Should I be out marching in the streets demanding that Sainsbury's reinstate their budget herring roe products?

I'm a tad confused 🥺

• Haha
Reactions: 44

I smell BS.
Not as fryers no, but possibly on the counter. I've seen places take them quite young, as they're so cheap to hire

• Sad
Reactions: 20

I smell BS.
You can work behind the counter or wash up but not in the kitchen/ cooking, from memory.

Reactions: 18
Holy tit... just shut the duck up?

All the classics in here:
Greedy goblin snarfing ✅
Fish... always bleeping fish ✅
Waaaaa I was once poooooor 😭 ✅
Haven't I had SUCH a fascinating life? ✅
But I also had to work my fingers to the bone cos I'm so working class innit ✅
What a wordsmith! The duality of my hot decimated fury 🥴 ✅
ACTIVIST JACK - how dare you call her 'former' ✅
Such a quirky unique speshul little pixie ✅

Fish... always bleeping fish AND EGGS - BLEURGH ✅

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
As someone who works in food manufacturing (🔺) her deciding that the supermarkets have got it in for working classes by removing their basics products is really grinding my gears.

You can’t bang on about your ‘forensic’ analysis of prices and ranges of a certain set of products you use to buy and claim that’s indicative of supermarkets being evil and doing this for malicious reasons. Sure, Tesco etc are profit making companies but no one is sat in a board room saying “let’s get rid of the cheapo fish roe to piss off the poors”

Her analysis also completely ignores:
1) growth of Aldi and Lidl - half those missing products are probably on a shelf of a newly opened discount store down the road from the Asda or Tesco she goes to (but weirdly refuses to cross their threshold??)

2) increased nutrition standards - many things we could buy dirt cheap last decade are simply not good enough by current food standards. It’s a good thing they’ve gone

3)stuff like fish is hugely dependent on cost of raw materials. Maybe thefish roe came from a source that no longer exists. Eg A civil war in a country that is the main supplier of a raw ingredient can drive the price up over night

4)theres actually been an expansion of certain cheap products in that time eg Tesco launched a bargain range of cupboard staples about two years ago - Mayo, butter, tea bags. Or do those not count?

TLDR - Jack twisting the narrative constantly, she knows nothing

• Heart
Reactions: 88
Rich girls who’ve done restrictive eating and have anxiety and maybe got prescribed Prozac and then their parents paid for therapy for them so now they feel they have the authority to talk about “self-care” without anything more than a cursory acknowledgment that self care is a dereliction of responsibility on the part of institutions, placing the onus on the individual to make themselves better while nothing is done to address the structural reasons that so many people struggle with mental health.

So. Very. Jack.
Amen!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
So she wrote “not my circus not my f***i g monkeys” on her referendum ballot, yet now she’s furious about the changes in food prices...these matters are more closely connected than the fish and eggs in her food.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 66

I smell BS.

The only kids I see in chip shops, or any shops, are the owners’, tbh which is likely the case here with the family empireTM. They’re usually playing iPhone games or moving bits about in the fridge not doing Oliver Twist re-enactments with customers tho?

Historical Jack is so cringe, surely she’s going to do a chaos soon to divert from this? Do these journalists not have ears, she’s a plummy Partridge top gear dad no ts have been dropped 😫

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
So she wrote “not my circus not my f***i g monkeys” on her referendum ballot, yet now she’s furious about the changes in food prices...these matters are more closely connected than the fish and eggs in her food.
It must be noted that there are two different versions of the Brexit ballot paper story. In both versions she watched the results come in at the Groucho Bar, like a regular old pleb.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 44
Closely followed by “Another Day on the Monroellercoaster.” There were some cracking threads suggestions in the last thread.

The gifted thing makes me cringe so, so bad. When my eldest was in Year 3 we were told at parents evening that he had been identified as “gifted and talented” I think they called it, and all it meant was that the worksheets he was given were slightly harder and designed to challenge him. Apart from attending a creative writing day at another school with other “gifted” kids we never heard about it again. There was no diagnosis or ceremony and he wasn’t even aware of it because we never told him. Jack holds on to her school days for some odd reason. Like sending her book to the school teacher who said she’d be flipping burgers. Jack is forever reliving her glory days.
The whole 'gifted' thing is such a load of BS. Many children are great at many different things. Because the educational system insists on having very specific targets for certain age ranges, it inevitably means that a number of children exceed these targets. To suggest that those children are gifted is ludicrous. All it means is that the kids at that stage in their lives are doing more than the 'average' child at that age. It's lovely, be proud of it as a parent, but don't draw any conclusions. My older one was working at 'two years above his age' in maths for ages in primary school. He's now a teen and doing fine. He's good at maths but not brilliant. Other kids have surpassed him. I actually think his talent lies much more in other areas, some of which he was 'behind' in primary school (he was a late reader).

Anyway, I realise none of you care about my son and neither should you. It's just a small example how easy it is to distort the truth.

My son is a mathematical genius.
vs
My son really enjoyed maths and grasped concepts quickly when he was a child.

• Heart
Reactions: 74
Wow, Jack is unnecessarily furious about Sainsbury’s no longer stocking Basics herring roe, because fish roe sure is a staple of low income diets up and down the land 🤢 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.