Jack Monroe #118 Diagnosis: gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Closely followed by “Another Day on the Monroellercoaster.” There were some cracking threads suggestions in the last thread.

The gifted thing makes me cringe so, so bad. When my eldest was in Year 3 we were told at parents evening that he had been identified as “gifted and talented” I think they called it, and all it meant was that the worksheets he was given were slightly harder and designed to challenge him. Apart from attending a creative writing day at another school with other “gifted” kids we never heard about it again. There was no diagnosis or ceremony and he wasn’t even aware of it because we never told him. Jack holds on to her school days for some odd reason. Like sending her book to the school teacher who said she’d be flipping burgers. Jack is forever reliving her glory days.
She peaked in year 10..

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I've just realised that in total during my life I have signed on for 26 months. Surely I must be due a prize or cup for my unimaginable suffering which dwarfs Jacks by some way. In addition my Dad was out of work for eight months when I was a teenager so that's a double trauma really. If anyone needs me I will be punching walls and howling for the reminder of the day.
Would you like us to send doggos and cattos? Sort you right out.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Although it seems she hasn't yet featured in The Breakdown, she has at least got a bio on there ...

View attachment 346298
Jack Monroe writing about class? Do me a favour. The entirety of her knowledge encompasses: what class she was brought up and now tries to hide, what class she tries to perpetuate for work opportunities, and what class she brown noses out of vanity and please-like-me fawning.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
Yeah my husband has ptsd from living through every adverse childhood experience you can think of, then being shot at and bombed in his army career.

Pretty sure he would have given his right arm to have a middle class up bringing with extra curricula activities, a daddy who was a pillar of the community rather than an alcoholic gambler.

They cosplay being poor and traumatised but the reality of living that existence is hellish.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 81
Yeah my husband has ptsd from living through every adverse childhood experience you can think of, then being shot at and bombed in his army career.

Pretty sure he would have given his right arm to have a middle class up bringing with extra curricula activities, a daddy who was a pillar of the community rather than an alcoholic gambler.

They cosplay being poor and traumatised but the reality of living that existence is hellish.
It's another of those things she's latched onto, with no understanding of the reality. She really knows how to push so many people's buttons 😠

Reactions: 31
Roe, roe, roe your toast
Furious Jack’s protein treat
If you see another egg
Don’t forget to scream

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 93
Does everything have to have a bleeping back story too? I just had pasta n sauce because my nan used to make it for me while my mum went out to walk the streets begging for change and now when I eat it and it reminds me.... Oh no whhhhhhhoops. My bad. I just eat it because it's quick. And carby. No emotionally charged attachments to my snacks.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
Holy tit... just shut the duck up?

All the classics in here:
Greedy goblin snarfing ✅
Fish... always bleeping fish ✅
Waaaaa I was once poooooor 😭 ✅
Haven't I had SUCH a fascinating life? ✅
But I also had to work my fingers to the bone cos I'm so working class innit ✅
What a wordsmith! The duality of my hot decimated fury 🥴 ✅
ACTIVIST JACK - how dare you call her 'former' ✅
Such a quirky unique speshul little pixie ✅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
Why does she insist on portraying a normal amount of thinking as 'exhausting' and quirky 🙄
Because in HER prejudiced worldview, working class people don’t have such lofty thoughts, so therefore for her cosplay, she affects this 😫

Holy tit... just shut the duck up?

All the classics in here:
Greedy goblin snarfing ✅
Fish... always bleeping fish ✅
Waaaaa I was once poooooor 😭 ✅
Haven't I had SUCH a fascinating life? ✅
But I also had to work my fingers to the bone cos I'm so working class innit ✅
What a wordsmith! The duality of my hot decimated fury 🥴 ✅
ACTIVIST JACK ✅
Such a quirky unique speshul little pixie ✅
But isn’t this a bit feckin’ duplicitous to be complaining about the reduction of low-cost basics range meanwhile she’s just publicly endorsed an OVERPRICED BRAND in a campaign 🤯🤯🤯

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
She's the perpetual victim. Most people who live through the trauma of signing on for a few months are proud of being survivors. She always has to be so bloody hard done by. I'm a pessimist with depression and I'm more bloody cheerful than she is (I can cook better too!)

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.