Jack Monroe #116 Burger and lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What is Orphan Black?
I missed this, too. I have been reading diligently, religiously and maybe in a military round the edges fashion but this slipped away.
Gosh, I so often wonder why I am writing here because I don't really care about her personally but...ah well.. because the Frauen and Herren are so funny.
To me she is just an archetype of an influencer who lacks skills and who desperately has to come up with stuff to stay relevant, who needs to reinvent herself on a daily basis. I get that she might be confused, too but those influencers all more or less jump on the same bandwagons...what will she do next? Minimalism?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
And while I am neither a psychologist or job coach, I think she should get some training of some sort. She did find a niche when she was very young and had a story (her own story) to tell but this is not sustainable and she is constantly overtaken by people who trained to be a chef or who have a USP like Nigella. I actually pitied her a bit when she said to MR that he had achieved something in a day that others have been campaigning for years...only that she is not a real campaigner and she took money from poor people via the tip jar donation, so already feeling less sorry. But she can't always post this potatoes story for much longer and the tip jar rattling is under close surveillance now...I also think that a lot of the drama she does is not the result of her diagnosed or self-diagnosed possible disabilities but it stems from low self-esteem. If she gets some formal training in whatever subject, she could introduce order and self-esteem and would maybe stop the horrific Twitter show. She would gain respect from others, too. If she were up for some campaigning against poverty, nobody would stop her. But she is blaming the bad bad gossip forum and the occasional professional getting in her niche. Sorry, bit off-topic.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I wonder which Jack would win in a fight. I reckon Cockney Jack would try and use banter to escape combat. Landslide Jack could be unpredictable and therefore dangerous. Obviously Slopbot would have them all in a rumble.
Harry Hill "fight" 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 28
And while I am neither a psychologist or job coach, I think she should get some training of some sort. She did find a niche when she was very young and had a story (her own story) to tell but this is not sustainable and she is constantly overtaken by people who trained to be a chef or who have a USP like Nigella. I actually pitied her a bit when she said to MR that he had achieved something in a day that others have been campaigning for years...only that she is not a real campaigner and she took money from poor people via the tip jar donation, so already feeling less sorry. But she can't always post this potatoes story for much longer and the tip jar rattling is under close surveillance now...I also think that a lot of the drama she does is not the result of her diagnosed or self-diagnosed possible disabilities but it stems from low self-esteem. If she gets some formal training in whatever subject, she could introduce order and self-esteem and would maybe stop the horrific Twitter show. She would gain respect from others, too. If she were up for some campaigning against poverty, nobody would stop her. But she is blaming the bad bad gossip forum and the occasional professional getting in her niche. Sorry, bit off-topic.
I agree....her relationship with food seems quite disordered. Nigella and Jamie Oliver plus others talk about food with love and passion, they rave about textures and flavours regardless of how simple or cheap a dish is.

Jack just doesn’t do this, or if she does it’s copied from another style and doesn’t sound natural.

Reactions: 36
I agree....her relationship with food seems quite disordered. Nigella and Jamie Oliver plus others talk about food with love and passion, they rave about textures and flavours regardless of how simple or cheap a dish is.

Jack just doesn’t do this, or if she does it’s copied from another style and doesn’t sound natural.
Every time I see a pic on here and I spontaneously think "ah, that looks nice, actually" it is a rare pic of food that a Frau or Herr have cooked. 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Jack popped up on a make-up page this time last year looking like this. At the time I was still fully Jackified and I thought she looked stunning. In fact I still do but how much of it is real?
4B2D3583-A42C-4691-A966-711ECF67140E.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
Absolutely. The origin story apart from being part- fantasy has been getting tired for years. Whole swathes of it no longer make sense and the events described continually change order. She can't reasonably expect to be droning on in twenty years about her origin story and still have an audience. She really urgently needs to address the complete lack of quality in what she offers. A good basic cookery course would be a start, she doesn't need to qualify as anything but just get some discipline and a bleeping clue what to do with food. Someone willing to be honest with her might be a good thing, though I don't imagine they'll be many folk up for that job. If she were to make budget cooking her niche once she's learned to cook there are loads of books she could do on that theme. If she wants to do telly, there's YouTube to build up some presenting skills on, she can't credibly claim to be afraid of being filmed but demand spots on TV. Knowing what I know now I could never, ever like or respect her but I could at least respect the work she put in and just ignore her. It's her squandering of every opportunity she's ever been given, her sense of entitlement and lying that send me wild.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Another incarnation! That is a really pretty photo but looks nothing like her. Looks a bit like she’s got clip in extensions as well

• Sad
Reactions: 36
Absolutely. The origin story apart from being part- fantasy has been getting tired for years. Whole swathes of it no longer make sense and the events described continually change order. She can't reasonably expect to be droning on in twenty years about her origin story and still have an audience. She really urgently needs to address the complete lack of quality in what she offers. A good basic cookery course would be a start, she doesn't need to qualify as anything but just get some discipline and a bleeping clue what to do with food. Someone will to be honest with her might be a good thing, though I don't imagine they'll be many folk up for that job. If she were to make budget cooking her niche once she's learned to cook there are loads of books she could do on that theme. If she wants to do telly, there's YouTube to build up some presenting skills on, she can't credibly claim to be afraid of being filmed but demand spots on TV. Knowing what I know now I could never, ever like or respect her but I could at least respect the work she put in and just ignore her. It's her squandering of every opportunity she's ever been given, her sense of entitlement and lying that send me wild.
All of this.

She's wasted so many opportunities and so much time. She could have learnt to cook, learnt a bit about nutrition, anything. Instead she demands to be praised for howling into the void and being poor scaredy ickle Jack.

Reactions: 33
Now the 'Poverty Scam' has been called out I can't wait to see what the next blag is.
It's like waiting for a Dr Who regeneration!
Much like looking at her photos.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Jack popped up on a make-up page this time last year looking like this. At the time I was still fully Jackified and I thought she looked stunning. In fact I still do but how much of it is real? View attachment 339714
Is our hairdressing Frau still around?
Are those hair extensions?

ETA.. It's just my sister and nieces go in for that stuff and it kind of looks familiar.

Reactions: 13

Because Jack doesn’t love food. It’s something she has to do that she does as cheaply as possible without any care, techniques or reasoning. Nigella and Jamie and Nigel and so many other chefs and cooks exude passion when they talk about food and they make you love it too. Jack makes it sound like a chore and none of it looks appetising. Food became her thing and now she’s stuck with it and I think she wishes she could be famous for something else now. Otherwise like has already been said, she would train and improve.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I would say so because the ends are a different shade to the rest of her hair and it looks badly blended 🤷🏻‍♀️ She might just have had a dodgy haircut and loooong roots though 😂

Reactions: 14
It's so freaky to me that these are all within the same year! It's like a conference of jacks from alternate realities.
It's like a girl band line up. I mean they're all Scary Jack, even lil Baby Jack, because they all reflect such an inability to know who she really is.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.