Jack Monroe #116 Burger and lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That has to be the funniest, most poetic and revealing Monroe video of them all. It’s fucking hilarious. It’s interesting watching it again how crazy she seems, and totally incompetent as a guest on a tv show. What is also interesting is how she just totally avoided answering the claim that EC was making. (You’re grandfather was rich - HE’S DEAD, or you went to a grammar school -I FAILED) so basically, scream something that has some vague relation to the point and ignore the actual point. And the subsequent letter was a cringeworthy attempt to say the things she wish she’d said after the event, whilst desperately trying to control the narrative that she so embarrassingly lost control of.

Reactions: 61
Didn't he also get caught up in some Twitter storm for bullying or something? I'm sure (could be wrong) he recently tweeted her over something and she gushed all over him like that raspberry afterbirth porridge thing she made.

My mother in law used to frequent his restaurant the Sticky Walnut in Notting Hoole - she was never very impressed with it (not to triangulate myself or anything)

Reactions: 20
It took me halfway through the letter to realise it wasn't a satire piece from one of us lot.

Touching on the mental health/suicide side of things as well as signposting services, I know I mentioned it recently but she's a fucking awful advocate for people who are or could be in situations she has been in. I do know some people who for many reasons just will not ask for help or accept it when it is offered, but I don't know many people who have been in situations who provide such unhelpful advice on the regular.

An on an even further side note because I got reminded in my work meeting yesterday - this is a reminder that if you or a loved one have a diagnosed severe mental illness or learning disability you are entitled to a free yearly health care check with your GP including a medication review if you get crappy side effects from your medicines.

Reactions: 56
So this. I have actually looked at them in the past and they really made me think about how I spoke about the subject and I don’t even engage actively with the general public on social media. She should have done this as the first thing she did if she was going to write such an article.

Reactions: 29
Amazed Jack hasn't broken her period of silence to come to Mom's aid over the meecro-wa-vay affair. It's the internet and a flap about nothing so it should be right up her street. I thought we might at least get "well in my 'ouse we call it the old Chas 'n' Dave cos rhyming slang" but not a peep.

Last edited:
Reactions: 39
Did he wolf it down straight from the pan? Asking for a friend.

They have been playing a clip on the radio this morning of nigella pronouncing microwave it is bizarre, meecrow warvey!

Before any of that she needs a hygiene course! She’s a horror. 3 courses of the trots at chez mackie
When you spend so much time on a topic the most obvious often slips away...
The last time my fingernails looked like hers was when I was 4 and out in the forest digging in the mud.
And why does she not use her white crockery to present her meals? I bought a set of nice looking cutlery at Woolies 25 years ago, it is timeless and still looks great. About ten years ago I got a set of white crockery from a charity shop. Nothing fancy but I ..erm..I clean it like a normal person and it looks appetising. It also makes simple food look good.

Edit: my two replies merged into one post, was not intentional...

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
she's only noticed that top ten people thread cos people have been nominating her on it!

Reactions: 37
It does seem weird that after 11 weeks she was hiding from bailiffs? Surely it would take longer than that to escalate things? Or am I being naive

Exactly. How could you let your child live like that KNOWING you could ask for help from family? Asking isn’t shameful. Not asking for fucking help is!

Reactions: 47
Wow.... she's got a nerve nominating someone who did a lot to raise awareness of covid-19 related issues, after her mindless trip to Edinburgh.

Reactions: 40
God having to feign interest in other people for their good deeds must be killing her.

Reactions: 46
I don’t know if this has been posted, but I hooted at this message and JM’s lack of passive aggressive reply - she’s probably seething at home writing at letter about it as we speak.

Reactions: 79
'I can't help if it was reduced to 50p! I regularly campaign for charities and give copies of my books away for free, so I'm going to buy some nice things if you don't mind!'

Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.