Jack Monroe #115 I can’t work out the timeline

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just done my twice annual pot swap! December I swap pinks for Christmas and in January, it’s back to pinks!
Who needs 50 shades of beige when you have Christmas pots like these?

Edited - dreaded autocarrot!
They’re gorgeous. I can’t even be arsed putting the tree up

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Just out of interest, how did the relatively numerous non-Twittering fraus come to be fully signed up members of the Jack Monroe sceptics club?

Not asking in an accusatory way, I just think she’s a complete dick on Twitter and this doesn’t seem to translate to other platforms in such an obnoxious way.
I had read everything on Blind Gossip and wanted more celeb themed revelations. Reddit scares me so I googled and the tattle Secret Celeb Gossip thread came up. Read that for a while and then a scandal with a weight loss instagrammer took me to the “Bloggers” sections. This was around the time of the first JM thread, I recognised the name because a friend of mine bought one of her books last year and kept tagging her in the recipe attempts. I also recognised her from a tv segment years ago, where her SB was very young because I remember thinking how tiny the two bowls of food she had made for them was. I was a single mum of a smaller SB at the time but even then her recipes did not appeal to me at all 😂

Also I have like 3 Twitter accounts but can’t sign in to any of them, my latest one I tried resetting the password and it said my email or username not recognised, then I tried to set up a new one and it said my email was already registered so I gave up 😂 can honestly admit I’ve never sent a tweet in my life, but my kids school and nursery both share pics of the kids on Twitter daily so I like to check it and see what they’ve been up to. Whenever I ask them what did you do today I just get “I’ve forgotten” or “had snack”

• Haha
Reactions: 22
You’re welcome. A recipe for toast!

-Two slices of standard bread
-Some lard (or butter, if you’re dripping in cash! Ooh, or maybe dripping?)
-A smudge of a laissez faire attitude to what constitutes ‘a meal’

Arrange your bread for toasting in the usual fashion, either military-round-the-edges erect in a toaster or laid out flat under the grill like a sunbathing maverick. Allow this process to continue until the ‘toast’ is as bronzed as the complexion of your next executive-level, romantic prey. Now get the butter lard dripping and smear seductively over your crispy, tanned marvels, making sure to get to the edge of each of the little scamps. Finally, place evocatively onto a high-end plate of your choice, retreat to a contemplative nook and devour with all the lascivious gusto you can muster. 😝🥰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
I am a prolific instagrammer though. Private account with all the pouty selfies/family/pet pics and a weight loss/food account where I post all my slop pics.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Doing the Lord's work here. Think its only fair to add in stuff like pasta if that's what the picture contains.
I costed and caloried with and without spaghetti to satisfy all interpretations.
To be fair I missed out the oil calories so I’ve had to update the diagram

I’d rate this recipe as fair to middling. The only query is how it’s 54p per portion, serves 4. As the ingredients costs have not changed and they cost £2.63 without pasta.

Edit- autocarrot you are my nemesis

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I’ve just done my twice annual pot swap! December I swap pinks for Christmas and in January, it’s back to pinks!
Who needs 50 shades of beige when you have Christmas pots like these?

Edited - dreaded autocarrot!
Beautiful Emma Bridgewater mugs.

Dammit!!! Bathtime has just been ruined! I put the radio on before getting in, then had to clamber out when I realised what was on. I heard about 4 seconds of it before retuning to 5 live.... some wittering about lost meds. Dear God. Plus ca change. Or something.
'Plus ca change....'
Doesn't that go on a savings card of some sort? ;)

• Haha
27815A10-E03D-4107-9A4E-98B2ED3A1425.jpeg

I just bought myself these beauties....they do them in red too. Keep your clunky boots Jack. 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Her foot wear is pretty awful tbf. If I had the smaller feet and her money to waste( judging by the price of the ugly shoes she has) I would have a magnificent shoe closest. She's doesn't know she is born.

I don't think she'd risk tweeting the link to the scotsman article to newspapers and BB.
I agree. Plus a fake Twitter account from someone claiming to have been ripped off financially by Jack would be far too close to the bone - because even if this particular claim were fake, this is something she’s actually done (see the Kickstarter fiasco for a start) and continues to do (the winter fuel allowance thing). There’s no way Jack wants anyone opening THAT can of worms.
If Jack were to do a fake account to troll herself, I’d expect the comments to be lesbophobic or something like that, i.e. unquestionably wrong.

I had my suspicions about that account back in March/April that was “offering” nudes of Jack on here. Anyone else remember that? Anyway they were roundly seen off ... but I did wonder if that was Jack or someone acting on her behalf. Because that sort of thing could definitely get a thread closed down. Luckily, no one here fell for it.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
So who took the photo from so far above Jack’s head? You’d need a set of collapsible steps for that, surely? 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Every so often someone will unknowingly post a screenshot cheering "this squiggle gets it!" and nope, it's just another crossover account.

This is bad because, as mentioned many times, it feeds into Jack's narrative. If you have a Twitter account that you set up just to tweet angrily about Jack, then congrats, you are actively helping her.

It's also bad because no one in the history of the universe has changed their mind based on tweeted rants from anonymous randomers. You are not helping squiggles see the light. They'll just double down, which is human nature - people ultimately need to figure things out for themselves. Look at all our ex-squiggles here; they smelled a rat, did some research, and saw the light. They didn't see a #JackConroe tweet and get instantly converted.

Fact: whenever Jack posts about getting trolled, she gets comments like What spineless twats! Keep your chin up and check your paypal 😉

So can we please agree on no Christmas ham this year?
I have a big grunka ahead of me but did this new squiggle appear after that particular poster with the cursed Jack avatar admitted to accosting Jack during her housing conference? she disappeared after that....

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.