Jack Monroe #113 I beg your pardon, she’s got a hammock in her rented garden

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In addition it would be rank with tomato mayonnaise aka Marie Rose sause.
Absolutely. But to the maverick brain, all citrus fruit is interchangeable. Who cares what it tastes, smells, looks like or does to your innards?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Oh and for Retail Price Index Fans. I worked at Iceland for nearly 10 years and the King Prawn Ring (said to the tune of five gold riiiiiiiiiinnnggggssss) was one of the 'highlights' of the Christmas offering. It was £3 then (up to 2015) and is £4 now, but does come with a bonus pot of takeaway sweet chilli sauce for your dippyness.

For a vegan I'm coming across very obsessed with prawns, don't even know what they taste like?

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Peekaboo.

I'm having a strong, black coffee without sugar. Anyone who has a different preference for their coffee is a swine.

I will not be taking questions at the moment.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Oh and for Retail Price Index Fans. I worked at Iceland for nearly 10 years and the King Prawn Ring (said to the tune of five gold riiiiiiiiiinnnggggssss) was one of the 'highlights' of the Christmas offering. It was £3 then (up to 2015) and is £4 now, but does come with a bonus pot of takeaway sweet chilli sauce for your dippyness.

For a vegan I'm coming across very obsessed with prawns, don't even know what they taste like?
I worked at M&S over Christmas one year and they used to have a smoked salmon/salmon mousse ring in the party food section. The worst moment of my employment there was going to put one through the till and realising that the plastic has cracked. Rancid salmon slime all over my hands. 😭 :sick:

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
I worked at M&S over Christmas one year and they used to have a smoked salmon/salmon mousse ring in the party food section. The worst moment of my employment there was going to put one through the till and realising that the plastic has cracked. Rancid salmon slime all over my hands. 😭 :sick:
BORK. Seeing as mayo has also been a subject recently - I was cleaning behind a freezer that had been defrosted overnight one early Christmas shift, and a jar of mayo had fallen behind the freezer and cracked, so that the mayo had congealed in a perfect mayo jar albeit with no glass surrounding. I did not realise this in the low light of 6am when I put my hand in it.
Sorry for anyone currently eating breakfast.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
@discokebab I once bit into a prawn by mistake (“vegetarian” buffet 🙄) it was really gross. Fishy but springy?
I’ve not been poor long enough though, I didn’t howl and claw at the floor, I just pulled a face.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Peekaboo.

I'm having a strong, black coffee without sugar. Anyone who has a different preference for their coffee is a swine.

I will not be taking questions at the moment.
My love for strong black coffee was regrettable when I spilled an entire fresh cup on my leg yesterday morning! Now my leg is wrapped in cling film and I can't wear jeans for at least a week...kept thinking how much less painful it would have been if I only took my coffee white.

ETA I feel like this sounds like a Jack chaos lol. Let it be known that I didn't use the scalding to get out of any important engagements.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
I can better that! As a teen I worked in Sainsbury’s and someone bought some reduced Gorgonzola from the cheese counter (so, wrapped in thin plastic rather than a sealed plastic box). Stinky gross Gorgonzola juice all over my hands 🤢

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Just stumbled across this in the wild, for £15 you can subsidise the freebies grifted to Jack Monroe. The Tiggy + Bo Etsy has 0 sales on it, shocking really considering the quality of Jack's brand endorsement? I'm defs influenced by mothers of preteens taking baby care accessories to A&E for some fresh attention during a pandemic, is no one else?!

Screenshot 2020-12-01 at 09.59.14.png

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Just stumbled across this in the wild, for £15 you can subsidise the freebies grifted to Jack Monroe. The Tiggy + Bo Etsy has 0 sales on it, shocking really considering the quality of Jack's brand endorsement? I'm defs influenced by mothers of preteens taking baby care accessories to A&E for some fresh attention during a pandemic, is no one else?!

View attachment 330401
Not sure they've sufficiently highlighted the fact that it can be used to put things in.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Thank you for starting us over. I couldn't work it out when I tried!

When my Grandfather was in a mood my Grandmother would say he had a 'crappy Liver'.
Maybe this is the reason for hers!
I can better that! As a teen I worked in Sainsbury’s and someone bought some reduced Gorgonzola from the cheese counter (so, wrapped in thin plastic rather than a sealed plastic box). Stinky gross Gorgonzola juice all over my hands 🤢
I was helping a friend deliver food for her catering business when she’d broken her wrist - part of the buffet was a whole salmon wrapped in foil, this was placed on back seat of my car, salmon juice leaked out & car stank of fish for ages after 🤢🤢
Obviously this happened in height of summer 🙈

• Sick
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Way behind cos BUSY.

The coriander thing is really irritating me. Does she realise the "dish soap" coriander thing is genetic? Therefore it either does or doesn't taste that way to you and always has - it doesn't suddenly switch as she stated it did with her. Fair enough you can just not like it, I don't like it, but that doesn't mean you have a genetic reason to taste it differently.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52

View attachment 330401
I was trying to find the pic of Jack wearing this bag and stumbled across this monstrosity. What..the...duck. I really do hope for Caroline's own sake that she doesn't exist.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
Way behind cos BUSY.

The coriander thing is really irritating me. Does she realise the "dish soap" coriander thing is genetic? Therefore it either does or doesn't taste that way to you and always has - it doesn't suddenly switch as she stated it did with her. Fair enough you can just not like it, I don't like it, but that doesn't mean you have a genetic reason to taste it differently.
Yeah but saying you don't like coriander is far too run of the mill for Our Jack for she is very unique. I expect her months of poverty rearranged her genes whilst it was in doing her brain.

Honestly I sometimes wonder if her parents excluded a disgruntled witch from her christening party and the witch cursed her to forever act like a try hard in their first month of Uni.

• Haha
Reactions: 66
I was trying to find the pic of Jack wearing this bag and stumbled across this monstrosity. What..the...duck. I really do hope for Caroline's own sake that she doesn't exist.
Egg-topped gravel. I always find it hilarious when she attempts to fry or poach an egg, I must say.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
When we were little we had a budgie, he had sandpaper in the bottom of his cage for pooping on, it looked very like whatever is on that dish

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
When we were little we had a budgie, he had sandpaper in the bottom of his cage for pooping on, it looked very like whatever is on that dish
As with the pasta water Jack can find a second or even third use for anything.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Egg-topped gravel. I always find it hilarious when she attempts to fry or poach an egg, I must say.
even if it tasted amazing (unlikely) it looks so horrible, so many sludgy elements so brown. pond scum comes to mind.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.