Jack Monroe #112 Is that it? IS THAT IT

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think one of the things about Glasgow (can't speak to Edinburgh), is that in most catchment areas, the working class, middle class, and indeed the "poverty-stricken", are living in very close proximity.. So yes, there is this mixture of people in most of our comps, although obviously some very affluent people might choose to send their kids to private school for which they should be guillotined.
Maybe that’s the difference between England and Scotland then - a greater mix of social classes living within smaller areas. Although I stand by my comment that it’s unfair to accuse the English of “school shopping” to avoid their kids mixing with poorer people. Scottish people would do it if the need arose I’m sure.

That’s not to say that English schools are fully homogeneous* when it comes to class. I went to a rough-as-arseholes comp and there were kids who’d be considered “upper” working class, if that’s even a thing (definitely wouldn’t actually cross over into middle class 😄) amongst kids from really quite deprived backgrounds.

*Look, I’m using “homogeneous” properly!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Maybe that’s the difference between England and Scotland then - a greater mix of social classes living within smaller areas. Although I stand by my comment that it’s unfair to accuse the English of “school shopping” to avoid their kids mixing with poorer people. Scottish people would do it if the need arose I’m sure.

That’s not to say that English schools are fully homogeneous* when it comes to class. I went to a rough-as-arseholes comp and there were kids who’d be considered “upper” working class, if that’s even a thing (definitely wouldn’t actually cross over into middle class 😄) amongst kids from really quite deprived backgrounds.

*Look, I’m using “homogeneous” properly!
Well Bercow said himself that the comprehensive that his kids go to in London is very mixed, so I understand that not all schools will be completely segregated in England.

I'm pretty sure if there was a system in place that encouraged that behaviour in Scotland, that behaviour would emerge.

Reactions: 6
I know we don't slag off squiggles but I'm just going to slag off a squiggle.
I am getting really wound up by the squiggle with great tits (allegedly). Anyone else? Just comes across as so very desperate. Has very little interaction on her own tweets but ALWAYS comments on J's and is followed by her. I eyeroll every damn time.
Feel better now, thankyou.
As you were.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Sounding like a tin foil hat but in beginning to think she has some personal investment in the robot company like she knows the illustrator, she's just always boosting them and ive never seen her do that to any other small online business
It’s weird though, the way they are acting like they don’t want her to and hate having followers.

• Wow
Reactions: 25
I know we don't slag off squiggles but I'm just going to slag off a squiggle.
I am getting really wound up by the squiggle with great tits (allegedly). Anyone else? Just comes across as so very desperate. Has very little interaction on her own tweets but ALWAYS comments on J's and is followed by her. I eyeroll every damn time.
Feel better now, thankyou.
As you were.
YES. Just yes to everything. Peas in a pod like many of her avid followers I would say

Reactions: 12
Well Bercow said himself that the comprehensive that his kids go to in London is very mixed, so I understand that not all schools will be completely segregated in England.

I'm pretty sure if there was a system in place that encouraged that behaviour in Scotland, that behaviour would emerge.
Yep it's entirely systemic behaviour. In Scotland what you will find is higher house prices in areas regarded as having good schools and an awful lot of folk in who suddenly go to live with their aunty in Jordanhill during their later years in primary school.

Reactions: 14
Yep it's entirely systemic behaviour. In Scotland what you will find is higher house prices in areas regarded as having good schools and an awful lot of folk in who suddenly go to live with their aunty in Jordanhill during their later years in primary school.
Where I lived all the schools were a similar level of rough. You'd probably have to move hours away before you got anything different!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Her sentences are way too long and convoluted.

'It’s no secret that I’m a fan of cheap packet stuffing for all manner of culinary surprises – from a crispy coating for chicken nuggets (vegan or otherwise), to a topping for mac n cheese, to folding it into a bread dough for little herby surprises, the uses I have found for it over the years are so numerous that I constantly have a ready supply of it, decanted into a 1l airtight jar on the kitchen shelf, with instructions written on the side in black marker as to how many grams per ml of water to make up standard stuffing.' <- That should not be just one sentence.

She obviously finds herself absolutely fascinating but people just want to read the recipe.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.