Jack Monroe #112 Is that it? IS THAT IT

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember this..the tomato allergy that became a crusade to help all the tomato allergy sufferers of the world. And then it disappeared, never to be talked again!
It's one of those very rare allergies that clears up if enough people starve it's host of attention.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Scolding people for having “enough money” to fill a glass with prawns - really Jack?? It’s not caviar FFS.
I don't know for sure as prawns make me 🤢🤢🤢 but can't you buy like a large frozen bag of the things in Iceland for like 2quid or something. I do recall seeing them in there once and it was quite a large bag. *Shudders**

Omg! I can hear her now. Screeching CANT I HAVE NICE THINGS!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I think you’re being a bit disingenuous. All schools are only as “good” as their local demographic. I’m sure affluent middle class families in Edinburgh would rather die than send their children to a school in a poverty stricken part of Glasgow, and that’s why they live in Edinburgh and not a poverty stricken part of Glasgow.
Edinburgh has it's fair share of poverty too! Davidson's Mains is a prime example, one end of the road full of affluent homes, compared to deprivation on the other end...

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I wonder what the charity gig is for this menu? If it's just a printed "here's a £x per person 3 course menu from Jack" then people can pick and choose the elements that they want, however, if it is a catered meal, then you have to play it safe and prawn cocktail is not a safe choice due to a number of dietary restrictions. If you are already having to cater for veggie/vegan options for the main course, then you don't want the faff of having to do a veggie/vegan alternative for the starter. For all the life experience she claims to have, there's a lot of common sense lacking.

Edited to add - as an ex vegan, I reckon just serving one meat product as part of the whole would be preferable to 1 meat plus the lives of hundreds of prawns. Prawn have feelings too y'know*.

* I do not know if this is true.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I wonder what the charity gig is for this menu? If it's just a printed "here's a £x per person 3 course menu from Jack" then people can pick and choose the elements that they want, however, if it is a catered meal, then you have to play it safe and prawn cocktail is not a safe choice due to a number of dietary restrictions. If you are already having to cater for veggie/vegan options for the main course, then you don't want the faff of having to do a veggie/vegan alternative for the starter. For all the life experience she claims to have, there's a lot of common sense lacking.
Jack doesn't have any common sense. Instead, she has a wallpaper planner.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
As a professional food writer and campaigner who is regularly consulted on ethical issues by several major brands I am well aware of sustainability thanks. I just thought I might enjoy a nice Christmas at the end of a terrible year if that's all right with you.
Yeah and if some farms on the other side of the world are lost, they can log on to my website and learn how to sustain an entire family on next to nothing. *rattle rattle*

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 38
I might be biased here as I absolutely hate mayo, but the thought of it in baked goods makes me feel very ill.
Thank god someone else has said this out loud!
I know you can substitute it for eggs in a cake and apparently you can't taste it...
Seriously though, grim at the thought 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 24
I see Jack mentioned Caroline again today which reminds me, are we all in agreement that Caroline is Jack?

This has Jack written all over it! Can you imagine replying to an email like this at work?!
You have converted me into a Caroline truther with this...but then theres companies house showing an employee.

Self employed fraus - are there any common tax avoidance methods or benefits to using a fake employee/registering a friend as admin or anything like that?

Alternatively: can you hire your clone as your admin?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.