Jack Monroe #110 Hands up, who likes me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'They misrepresented me!' lied the Queen of Misrepresentation
She's so confused that she thinks being represented accurately is a misrepresentation.

Also, does Jack know not everything in the known universe has to be "thinly sliced". Yes dear we know you have a mandoline. You don't need to keep reminding us.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
spiked originates from when an article is written but doesn’t make the printed paper. So Jack was asked to write something but they didn’t end up using it.
Thank you! I can completely understand a publication wanting to maintain a veneer of credibility and rejecting her overly verbose prattlings on the origin of her own personal poverty. Especially when they likely comissioned her on a different subject.

I can understand being peeved at not getting any payment at all for that, but if that's how these things work... 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 29
spiked originates from when an article is written but doesn’t make the printed paper. So Jack was asked to write something but they didn’t end up using it.
To think of those 30 minutes she had probably dedicated to knocking it out too - the injustice!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Screenshot 2020-11-25 at 16.02.51.png

NOOOOO JAAAACK PLEASE DON'T BUY BUTTER...OH NO...I'M MELTING.

No one gives a duck if you have butter or not you quarterwitted gonk on stilts. What people object to is you pretending you can't afford any to scam money out of people. None of this is difficult.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 101
Does anyone remember in February when Jack made her own sanitiser and was going to "share the recipe soon?" 😂

This was when Italy was going into lockdown and you couldn't get the stuff for love nor money... Of course all deleted now.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
Esther Coren's blog is called On the Spike, in reference to "spiked" articles that are not published.
Ohhh, like you do with the fulfilled tickets in a cafe kitchen? The number of people who spiked their own hand on that thing when I worked in one!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
View attachment 323594

NOOOOO JAAAACK PLEASE DON'T BUY BUTTER...OH NO...I'M MELTING.

No one gives a duck if you have butter or not you quarterwitted gonk on stilts. What people object to is you pretending you can't afford any to scam money out of people. None of this is difficult.
She's a gaslighting prick high on attention. When does the patreon dosh roll in, does anyone know?

Reactions: 25
I knew I wasn't imagining it. Capitalising on something people were genuinely fearful about to get some social engagement and then not following through.
20201125_161029.jpg
20201125_161018.jpg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Sorry if I'm being thick, what does "spiked unpaid" mean? I'm thinking they no longer wanted the piece and didn't pay her? I've just searched for her on that site and there are only two results. One is her being mentioned in another person's article which I guess is where she's saying she was misrepresented - I don't think she has been at all, the guy is saying exactly what she's spouted on her twitter feed. The other result is someone mentioning Marilyn Monroe, not her at all. :ROFLMAO:
Generally if a story is spiked (binned ) the author is paid a kill fee ( normally 50% of the agreed fee) if they decided to not go ahead , if she didn't produce what she was asked to on the other hand she would get nothing

• Wow
Reactions: 43
I mean, surely she shouldn't be hanging about with people full stop. Due to this pandemic thing, you know.

I'm really not familiar with the process of recovering from alcoholism and AA stuff myself, but from what you guys have said, isn't it a bit odd that she's deliberately trying to find things to mimic alcohol? I would have thought that increases the potential for relapse rather than moderates the urges.

Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.