Jack Monroe #108 You’re really good on camera mate, honestly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If anyone is looking to buy soap, I recommend a brand called cosy cottage - it's a small business, all products are vegan and don't use palm oil ( companies saying they are vegan but use it is my massive bugbear) and their products are amazing! I don't have any connection to the company so my recommendation is purely from being a v satisfied customer!

• Heart
Reactions: 38
The £20 shop thing is embarrassing and disingenuous. This is basically a weekly top up shop for fruit and veg a bit of meat and some unappetising snacks. Which is fine. It’s the kind of shop I do if I’m passing Aldi. I just don’t try to pass it off as a heroic act. And I wouldn’t be posting a photo of it on twitter

Reactions: 54
I have a good job and even work a second job to be able to ensure I can have all the things I want in life, I’ll spend a fortune on designer clothes and shoes but would I hell spend £7.96 on some hand soap.

She has a problem with impulse control and spending.

Reactions: 45
@Yel Are there any repercussions of a Twitter account, not directly @‘ing her but holding her words and the contradicting tweet side by side?
Not sure of the context (I only read the roundups here) but if it's a big account you can paste the tweets here and they will be embedded. If it's a small account the general rule on tattle is not to post them as we have so many people trying to use tattle to gain a following and it gets pretty spammy and so often they start trolling and it reflects bad on tattlers if they scooped up lots of followers from posting here.

Hope that makes some sense!

Quoted from rules thread:

Promoting small accounts / your own accounts

Tattle is somewhere to talk about large-ish accounts, not somewhere to build a following.

Lots do join here to promote their own account and this is against the rules because quite honestly these people are often as bad as the ones they are critical of. People get addicted to the endorphin hit of likes and follows. It's easy to say how virtuous you are when you're a nobody looking for attention. This would almost certainly change if they became a somebody. Also these small accounts often end up trolling and it reflects badly on tattle if they gained their following from here.

If it's a small account hit report. It's in the whole communities benefit to not mention/promote them.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
If anyone is looking to buy soap, I recommend a brand called cosy cottage - it's a small business, all products are vegan and don't use palm oil ( my massive bugbear) and their products are amazing! I don't have any connection to the company so my recommendation is purely from being a v satisfied customer!
I buy their stuff as well. I have a standing order set up for them. They are really nice people as well. I had trouble with my standing order and Clara who owns the business phoned me and sorted it out.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I think I'm going to head off for the night. The subtweeting of this thread to distract from the fact that this..….sensible....and cautious.....😂😂

Nope. Nope can't even finish the sentence. G'night Fraus 😘

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Actually I love fairy, and I think it's worth paying a bit more for, I have a dishwasher so don't do a lot of hand washing up, but a bottle of fairy started at the start of lockdown 1 lasted almost until lockdown 2 (it was a litre bottle of an obscure fragrance from home bargains!)

I don't like it because the perfume taints the plates. I get big bottles of Ecover (£2 at present) and that lasts just as long, works fine and, if the Vegan approved status is important to somebody, M&S is 90p.

Reactions: 17
I have a good job and even work a second job to be able to ensure I can have all the things I want in life, I’ll spend a fortune on designer clothes and shoes but would I hell spend £7.96 on some hand soap.

She has a problem with impulse control and spending.
She at the very least, just has more than enough money to be able to afford whatever she likes without the need to worry as you/everyone else does.

Reactions: 26
I buy their stuff as well. I have a standing order set up for them. They are really nice people as well. I had trouble with my standing order and Clara who owns the business phoned me and sorted it out.
I've had no dealings with them as I order and have had no problems but it's nice to hear the owner is nice! I have psoriasis and theirs is the only soap I've used that hasn't caused me any issues!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
She wants SB to have security she’s “never known”.
Lying witch....she grew up in a wealthy family,

Still hoping someone will buy a place for you Jack?

I ducking hate anyone who says they shop on £20 a week...she misses out milk, cleaning products and pet food.
It's so wrong; she admitted on Tattle that they had a navy blue Range Rover. She went to ballet lessons FFS. She went to grammar school until 16. Her dad was a firefighter and hey presto - she got a job as a call handler. This performative poverty is soooo wrong.

Reactions: 55
I think I'm going to head off for the night. The subtweeting of this thread to distract from the fact that this..….sensible....and cautious.....😂😂

Nope. Nope can't even finish the sentence. G'night Fraus 😘
Babe, same. Her rant tonight is making me feel uneasy - not sure why, it's nothing new really. Her use of this emoji :cool:, to tell us she's a maverick. The constant tweets to respond to queries here. It's just weird. It's like we are part of this strange coded exchange and her Twitter followers don't know any of this is going on. I don't know if I feel used, or if I feel she's using them. She's very icky.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Instead of getting upset, I am just laughing my arse off at the fact a grown woman pretends to live on less than £20 of food a week and spends hours of her Sunday on twitter justifying it instead of actually working on her book or patreon obligations.

Enjoy the likes Jack #sadlittlelife

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 64
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.