Jack Monroe #108 You’re really good on camera mate, honestly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went back in time to #19 and watched the TM segment.

Holy. duck.
You inspired me to do the same, Scarlet. Jesus wept. ‘It can’t be as bad as I remember‘, I told myself. I was right about that. It was worse. OMFG! The total lack of preparedness. The nonsense about turning the shed into a kitchen ‘for social distancing purposes’. The looks on Eamonn and Ruth’s faces. The looooong silences with back to camera. The way that Ruth has to keep reassuring her. Un-bleeping-believable. How? How did she keep getting gigs? I’d understand it if the recordings were destroyed immediately after airing (to protect the innocent?) but it’s all out there. Ju....just.....HOW?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
Sideboard flirty - number 30
All the lies - 55
Needed 2 skips - number 6
Fake black eye - 35
Behaving shifty - number 50

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Breakdown? Seriously? 🙄

I'm all for speaking about mental illness and other tit conditions, but not endlessly. How dull would it be if bulimia were the most interesting thing in my life?

(I'll be honest, I also raise an eyebrow at this Hattie asking for "BIPOC" contributors. This acronym is a) a bit useless, grouping all non-white people in one acronym is reductive and, ironically, rather racist and b) very American. The indigenous people of the UK are the Celts, who have not been genocided, forced to live on reserves etc. Racism and discrimination are issues that vary according to context - for example, Travellers do not fall into the BIPOC acronym, but are one of the most discriminated-against groups in the UK. People applying US-specific ideas to the rest of the world really pisses me off.)
Thank(space)you for pointing that out re Travellers, we always seem to fall through the gaps and get forgotten ❤.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
According to todays papers the BBC have offered Ruth and Eamonn their own show :coffee:📞⏰
I consider Ruth and Eamonn to be far superior to the big headed dim duo of Holly and Phil and don’t get me started on Dermot. I hope Ruth tells ITV to shove it up their arse.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
20201122_090521.jpg

Great news, this tweet cured my anxiety disorder! I can't wait for more fresh insights from Breakdown.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 100
Mr mirror and I just watched lingreenie. His comment "has she bit off more than she can chew?" which made me hoot and fizz on so many levels.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
On it's own (SHE LEFT) - number 1
Can't make a roux - number 2
Dino snore - number 4
Livers alive - number 5 (for Geebo 🤣)
Trapped in a skip - number 6
Weekly shop - 20
Sideboard pics - 66
Mayo heaven - 77
(Mayo heaven's a bit of a stretch 😬)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Do people read when having a breakdown. Normally people with breakdowns are so overloaded with information that they don't want to to anything let alone read.
I am huge reader and when I wasn't well a few years back. I barely touched any reading material unless it was my sister's ok because well... Pictures.

I couldnt imagine reading something outlining all the things I was feeling whilst unsure of what I am actually feeling due to a breakdown.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Mr mirror and I just watched lingreenie. His comment "has she bit off more than she can chew?" which made me hoot and fizz on so many levels. Thread suggestion please?
Why she didn’t have the pasta already cooked and left simmering while she annihilated the remaining ingredients and left the TM producer imploring Ruth to coax her through the segment should be a question Jack asks herself every time she considers putting herself front and centre of a live broadcast.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
View attachment 319659

Great news, this tweet cured my anxiety disorder! I can't wait for more fresh insights from Breakdown.
I agree with what others have pointed out regarding the name of this magazine, it's not exactly inspiring is it? 😕 And it's already being done, the mental health magazine Happiful has been going for a while and they have a reasonable following on Insta and Twitter. Interestingly, Hattie wrote articles for them last year, so she is definitely aware of their body of work...

I know when I'm in a bad place with my depression, the last thing I'd want to read is an article written by Jack. If I'm up to reading anything at that time, I'd want it to be something simple, non triggering, warm and comforting. Not a long, depressing, woe is me tale full of triggering language 🤷.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
If I can manage to read when my head is bad, it's things like flicking through recipe books, 'fluffy' magazines (food, crafty), or reverting to books (including favourite childhood novels) that I've read dozens of times before. I can't deal with anything that requires much attention at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.