Jack Monroe #108 You’re really good on camera mate, honestly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This thread has been so hilarious today that I'm reluctant to single out any particular post, but "Hope Rose West gets her internet sorted" has absolutely finished me off

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
It's not a new magazine, btw. This is the start of a 4 page apology on Twitter from the editor on October 29th last year.

View attachment 319361

ETA: Apologies - I know this is a callback to a lot earlier in the thread, but I've been BUSY!
I work in comms and this is not a very professional statement - it's basically having a go at their supporters for having qualms about something. The defensiveness is more what you'd expect from a youtuber type person rather than anything that was trying to operate like a professional organisation.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I work in comms and this is not a very professional statement - it's basically having a go at their supporters for having qualms about something. The defensiveness is more what you'd expect from a youtuber type person rather than anything that was trying to operate like a professional organisation.
"...but apparently one false statement is enough for people to turn on you."
Ummm.. Well, yes.
Similarly
'...but apparently, one killing is enough for people to call you a murderer.'

• Haha
Reactions: 59
"...but apparently one false statement is enough for people to turn on you."
Ummm.. Well, yes.
Similarly
'...but apparently, one killing is enough for people to call you a murderer.'
If she works for newspapers then she should be well aware they receive criticism every day and yet you don't see them tweeting at their followers 'well apparently one bad article is enough for people to turn on you.'

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I feel like a right old grump, but this Breakdown magazine malarkey just seems like a vanity project.
Anyone with half decent web skills can create a lovely facade, appealingly on trend, promoted on social media. It’s all artifice. Back in the olden days to start a “magazine” you would create it, photocopy it and sell it (at gigs or at football) known as a “fanzine”.
Actual magazines from publishing houses are launched because market intelligence shows a profitable niche, not because it sounds good and will look nice.
Having an idea, giving it a title, asking others to fund you launching it and having no real sense of what you hope to achieve beyond saying you have a “magazine” and bigging yourself up from other people’s dollar is, if you will forgive me, just a load of shite.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
Well Fraus I’ve made a list on my big pad.
We need some more suggestions in order to complete Monroe Bingo (eyes down for a cluttered bungalow)
In particular we need ideas for numbers
20, 30, 40, 60, 70,80
And most other numbers. I’ve adapted a few suggestions so if there are two ‘ 33’ I made one into ‘43’
Actually I’m taking 19- give your nails a clean!
I’ll type it up when you all send me £££via PayPal and maybe not even then soon

• Haha
Reactions: 37
We need some more suggestions in order to complete Monroe Bingo (eyes down for a cluttered bungalow)
20, 30, 40, 60, 70,80
And most other numbers. I’ve adapted a few suggestions so if there are two ‘ 33’ I made one into ‘43’
Can’t sleep...

[Branches of a] eucalyptus tree - Number 70
Terrible Daily Kitchen Live - Number 5
Grandad’s in heaven - Number 7
Such a cute, smol shorty - Number 40
Chip Shop Chips? - Number 6
Lard a plenty - Number 20
Mouth is hurty - Number 30
Unlucky for some[one]; Unruly Labia - 13

I won’t give up the day job

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
it’s probably been said already, but so the magazine version of Jack then?
Seems that way

I am fizzing and hooting at the bingo entries (but I have insomnia so I’m probably just delirious)
I’m thinking to add “Hope Rose West gets her internet sorted” to any old number just coz it’s cracking me up

• Haha
Reactions: 32
This thread has been so hilarious today that I'm reluctant to single out any particular post, but "Hope Rose West gets her internet sorted" has absolutely finished me off
same, the IBS sock made me cry. I love all of the bingo numbers, do you think Jack's smiled at any one of them? Wonder what her rabid fans who are checking out this ableist hellhole :rolleyes: make of innocent bingo lols

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Seems that way

I am fizzing and hooting at the bingo entries (but I have insomnia so I’m probably just delirious)
I’m thinking to add “Hope Rose West gets her internet sorted” to any old number just coz it’s cracking me up
I’m just going to say it at every random opportunity 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
To be fair 6- chip shop chips? has tickled me as well. Just keep thinking of that guy STILL waiting for a reply😂

I’m going to pull rank on references to relatives no longer living though, that feels a bit mean

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
To be fair 6- chip shop chips? has tickled me as well. Just keep thinking of that guy STILL waiting for a reply😂

I’m going to pull rank on references to relatives no longer living though, that feels a bit mean
Military! :ROFLMAO::p

obviously quite right, don’t want to be mean

• Haha
Reactions: 14
20, 30, 40, 60, 70,80
Manic pixie - Number 60

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Not yet, I did get one of those holding ones. We thank you for your email and will pass it onto the relevant person, you will receive a reply etc etc.
I will chase it up if I haven't heard back in another week or so.
Ahh I did wonder, after mackies rant about 'trolls' contacting her employer 🙄

I've raised money for calm, I think they're amazing but for them to fund this doesn't sit well with me. Sorry
Maybe let them know?

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Number five today I have hives. Number 7 this slop is heaven.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Can’t sleep...

[Branches of a] eucalyptus tree - Number 70
Terrible Daily Kitchen Live - Number 5
Grandad’s in heaven - Number 7
Such a cute, smol shorty - Number 40
Chip Shop Chips? - Number 6
Lard a plenty - Number 20
Mouth is hurty - Number 30
Unlucky for some[one]; Unruly Labia - 13

I won’t give up the day job
Grandads in heaven 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Breakdown? Seriously? 🙄

I'm all for speaking about mental illness and other tit conditions, but not endlessly. How dull would it be if bulimia were the most interesting thing in my life?

(I'll be honest, I also raise an eyebrow at this Hattie asking for "BIPOC" contributors. This acronym is a) a bit useless, grouping all non-white people in one acronym is reductive and, ironically, rather racist and b) very American. The indigenous people of the UK are the Celts, who have not been genocided, forced to live on reserves etc. Racism and discrimination are issues that vary according to context - for example, Travellers do not fall into the BIPOC acronym, but are one of the most discriminated-against groups in the UK. People applying US-specific ideas to the rest of the world really pisses me off.)

• Heart
Reactions: 76
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.