Jack Monroe #107 The writing’s on the wallpaper

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“I didn’t even name JO” no, you Tweeted out of your arse, screamed and wailed like a banshee, and called him THAT MAN! duck off Jack. Did you apologise to David Walliams for depicting him as a Henry hoover coke addict on Twitter? For....Calling him a racist?

Yes, I love it! It really encapsulates the true essence of Jack. Call it eu de Jack, if you will.
Stacey Dooley was another recent one. There’s loads more

Reactions: 39
And unless these comments were from the actual people who make decisions about future work (and they don't read that way), it means nothing. It’s just like when the DKL team apparently told her she was doing a great job (so she said) - they were just pandering to someone extremely needy and difficult with a colossal ego, that’s all it was. Happens in media/showbiz all the time.
I mean, I write 'it was lovely to meet you/thank you for your hard work etc.' emails as a matter of course. Isn't that just good work manners?

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Speaking of pick n mix (something that jackie is NOT), they had lindor pick n mix in sainsburys and it looked amaaaaazing!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Soz if I’m late to the party but surely ‘bit pet bolshy bean blogger’ is jackies own attempt at a #threadtitle??

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Jack channelling real Rick vibes producing her own receipts for how great she is to work with.
View attachment 317842
I tried to find a good gif of this and sadly failed.

ETA: I just read the wiki entry for Rick and it's scary. Who does this remind you of?

• Rick, studying sociology and/or domestic sciences (depending on the episode) with characteristics that had him as hypocritical, radical, attention-seeking, and a self-proclaimed anarchist. Mayall portrayed his character as being mostly critical towards the others.
  • ..constantly adapts himself to different political beliefs, depending on how they will benefit him in a particular situation, despite displaying little understanding of them.
Oh yes. She’s a blend of Rick the student (see also his poetry gigs) and Alan Partridge with a bit of David Brent thrown in.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I didn’t see anyone else with their letters in their name in the comments, but maybe I didn’t look hard enough 👀
I have a variety of ailments, but the thing is I deal with them all the time and I don’t want them to define me. I’m more than a diagnosis. At the same time I’m proud of what I have accomplished in life, but I don’t want it to be despite what I have overcome. I don’t know it’s been a long week, nay a long bleeping year. She’s in full on twit mode today.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 47
Oh my god those screenshots of her various “glowing feedback” (read: text from a barely literate lighting intern, text from frazzled assistant producer, email from one-off tiny festival booking, email from foodbank) are hardly a story of her suitability for screen success, are they? How absolutely mortifying that she thinks it’s some kind of “gotcha” moment to post that...

Also I don’t know why she thinks the mere act of writing fast is a good thing (and I speak here as an ADD-er who has just panic written 9000 words in two days because I’ve been faffing about on other projects for two weeks)?

1) She’s a horrible writer - her work is formless, verbose and she mis-uses words almost every piece she writes. Just because she uses 2000 words to say what 200 could doesn’t mean that her work is good quality.

2) Writing fast is so far from ideal. When I’m on my better game I write and re-draft and re-draft, and being able to take the time to check my sources and the thread of meaning is so much better than flinging something out [and makes me sad that I need to be medicated to achieve even half of what normal people can].

The fast writing is a coping mechanism to deal with the fear-based procrastination caused by ADHD, it is not a good thing that she’s having to employ it while supposedly medicated. There are some ADHD positives. Hyper focus? Maybe. Creative thinking? Certainly. But alas, the latter only applies to Jack’s grifting strategies and where she plagiarises her recipes from, rather than her own creations.

ETA - sorry, I do in fact recognise the irony of saying that she’s verbose while posting an absolute bleeping essay of my own...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 93
Sorry I legit can't get over her saying she masks.

She never stops going on about it and uses it to deflect all criticism?

How is that masking? Sorry if I have got this wrong and I am happy to be corrected, but that to me is not masking?
Kinda get the feeling that at any single moment of any day that isn't spent focusing on HER and how amazing she considers herself to be, is a sacrifice that she likes to call 'masking'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Sorry to quote myself but I realised that this only included 8 when it was meant to be 9 so went looking for the last one and this came up instead. Like, every single list of narc 'symptoms' just describe Jack to a T.

View attachment 317999
They really do, any article you pick on the subject is just like reading an article about her. Another huge narc trait is the inability to accept criticism and becoming enraged when any criticism, even mild, is thrown their way. That's why she's so damn rude to people all the time, even when they've meant well, as she's hyper sensitive to being critiqued. She cannot take criticism!

• Heart
Reactions: 43
"I'm not a bleeping pick 'n' mix."

Indeed Jack, people like pick 'n' mix. You're more of a point 'n' laugh.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
She's really tried everything with the 'I'm marginalised, me' narrative, hasn't she? Second gen immigrant, sex worker, trans, neurodivergent (ADHD, autism, PTSD, etc etc), loads I'm missing out, it's so, so awful, the way she tries to speak for communities she has no right to speak for. All to paint herself some victim narrative instead of accepting that she's a just a basic middle class white witch who thinks the world owes her a living and a large seaside 'forever home' in one of the most affluent areas in the UK. IT'S SO GROSS.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 73
How did she manage to take the Sia thing and turn it into a full day of tweeting about herself. She loves it. Full-time Twitter knob.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Is Jackie going to provide documentation to help us all join in? What happens to ailments that don’t have abbreviations, I need to get my eczema in 😫

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.