Jack Monroe #107 The writing’s on the wallpaper

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
you know what, I went to The List to check what I had about her "routine" and I realised I didn't have anything! 😱 although she does ask for suggestions so often, but never says she'll implement anything. anyway, a weekly routine is On The List.

I also realised I can kinda tick off Brand New Desk System what with the wallpaper.

anyway as it's not been posted for a few days...

£15 a week lunches
£20 shops as a whole
9 half-written manuscripts
35 recipes from a £20 shop, pick your fave
advent calendar
aged chicken thigh bone stock
base system going in next book
BLM video monetization donation
blog post excited about for ages
book on culinary history
book signing in Belfast
Brand New System for desk - wallpaper ✅
Camp Kitchen from the shed
chestnut fudge thing
chicken livers
Christmas recipes for some reason
comic filter security
Conditions of Bungalow Bubbling lessons
curating regular book recommendations
David Walliams book reviews
dauphinoise pie
depressipes
detailed blog on nutrition
devilled eggs recipe - completed it, mate ✅
ethical on a budget
festive pop tarts
festive vegan loaf
food truck of joy
gailymail
great resources by trans + non binary writers
half-written budget xmas recipes
handing over her platform to poc
healthy on a bootstrap
helping disability and mental health writers
history of York road market
huge depop or Ebay sale
James Bond conspiracy theory
Klingon gagh recipe
kombucha whisky
lever arch files of fan mail
links to small businesses
lockdown larder 2.0 resumption threatened
militant boiled eggs
mince pie doughnuts
onion chopping song
ouchy mouth recipes
patreon update
pistachio milk
postcards, postcards, postcards
poverty memoir
puttanesca soup
recipe roundup on Instagram
recipes for small people
red ephemera soup recipe
repotting spider plants from a friend
rooting out Amazon from website
running around in heels with a Tall Man
sausage and kale slop
Secret Ingredient
setting her teenage musings to music
shopping trolley
sideboard photos reason
sleep hygiene routine
some kind of timetable for SB in lockdown
super secret shopping trip hack
supper nanny
sweet and sour soup
sweet potato caramel
thrifty shades of beige - some sent, ongoing
tomato soup water content - done ✅
translation of a Greek Cypriot cookbook
unorthodox cheese sauce - done ✅
vegan crackling
vegan pie glaze
weekly routine

/SPOILER]

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
It's been something.I don't think I've laughed this much since she tweeted from inside a skip.
I find it super depressing. Like, not just Jack, but the way the people lap this kind of tit up on twitter. It really makes me despair!

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Yikes is all I have left to say. I don't care what she has, doesn't have, identifies as, none of it matters. She is awful, awful, awful. The sneakiness, deceptiveness, the lies, the delusions. She picks and chooses her pronouns (and opinions) as she sees fit. You can go look up one of her interviews in recent years, she pointedly tells the journalist to use she/her as it better fits the piece.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Still not seen any Plaquenil, Methotrexate, Leflunomide, Sulfasalazine, Adalimumab, Prednisone or literally ANY OTHER medication for RA.

Yours sincerely, Dragon WA Flagon, RA, PsA, SpA, EDS (III), POTS, ADHD, ASD and duck OFF.
Babes, same. Yours sincerely, someone with very swollen thumbs at the mo. xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I wonder how far back she had to trawl to find four positive comments?
And unless these comments were from the actual people who make decisions about future work (and they don't read that way), it means nothing. It’s just like when the DKL team apparently told her she was doing a great job (so she said) - they were just pandering to someone extremely needy and difficult with a colossal ego, that’s all it was. Happens in media/showbiz all the time.

Reactions: 36
Sorry I legit can't get over her saying she masks.

She never stops going on about it and uses it to deflect all criticism?

How is that masking? Sorry if I have got this wrong and I am happy to be corrected, but that to me is not masking?
I agree. She just says what suits her at the time. She says she's masking when she wants to look marginalised, and yet she clearly believes it's unmasked to the extent she can blame her misdemeanours on it. I don't understand.

Reactions: 27
I feel queasy here. I’m actually autistic. Sia took a huge tit on the autistic community this morning, calling us worked up haters and centring it all around how upset she was and how unfair we’re being by telling her what the community thinks. Honestly, good on JM for having a go. Honestly, people should have a right to self-diagnosis autism, too.

But boy oh boy and hey does “describe my particular brand of chaos” rub me the wrong way. Christ. Is she aware non-“famous” people get attacked on Twitter for saying things about autism? Is she aware of how much overall hate and ableism has been on display over the last 24 hours with this bullshit Sia “special abilities” movie? Why she moving the spotlight back to herself? Why delete tweets and then announce it? It doesn’t make sense. She just doubled down on those tweets.

I’m partially non-speaking. I’m some nobody with a few dozen followers on Twitter and even I’m incredibly careful about discussing autism to not centre issues around just my experience. Because I occupy a huge position of privilege within the autistic community. I can write and communicate. I can even speak very well (in short spurts). That is why I’m so keen to listen to others.

Christ, I’m just blown away at this childishness. Autism suits your brand? We can’t question it because it is too like your special, whimsical chaos? I could give a duck whether JM’s actually autistic or not. It’s the way she’s discussing it. As if she isn’t claiming status in a highly marginalized group, with substantial barriers to society, that is constantly being talked over and dismissed. Whatever, the gall, etc. Yikes.
Welcome xxx I hope you find a safe space here.
Despite a bad rep we're actually a very loving and supportive group x

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.